Milik - Napoli

• Young, playing semi-regularly for Napoli and recent goal scoring streak is v.decent. I don’t hold and am hesitant too as feel I’m missing something? Is someone injured for Napoli and that’s why he’s now playing?

• I got him before the World Cup and sold up when he scored 2 recently.

He was decent and made about £50.00 on 100 shares but he had stagnated and was frustrated by his lack of starts, his goals per minute ratio is very good though so a run of starts could see him increase.

Callejon, Mertens and Insigne are the usual front 3 and I can def see them signing a striker either in Jan or the Summer.

• I'm a big fan of Milik, obviously when he came to Napoli he was brought as a direct replacement for Higauin and started well before getting injured... he's only just starting to get the consistent minutes under his belt this season but notice in the bigger games against tougher opposition (ie Juve and in the UCL v Liverpool & PSG) Ancelotti has generally started him on the bench..

I think he's certainly a goalscorer and when he plays he'll net one in two games at the very minimum so for the sake of a couple of quid he could be good business? Don't see him leaving Napoli but as long as they are competing at 24 he should play a big part for them going forward!!

• Thanks for insight. He’s not far off Piatek for goals yet his minutes are a lot lower...he’s hoping for more starts

• Very good score for Milik tonight, 150 without GWG, still only £2.99, can't actually believe how cheap he is, almost certain for 1/4 finals in Europa league after winning 3-0 tonight.

Edit Oops my bad....yes he did get GWG, TY @NewUser82416

• @Andy-M Class player but he had GWG

• I rate him highly but the problem is the interchangeable front line that Napoli have is hindering him imo

• @NewUser142017

Here's the current situation as I observe it.

Milik has a new manger who's giving everyone an opportunity.
    His rivals for two starting positions are Insigne, Mertens and Verdi.

Mertens is the best of the bunch, when fit he starts.
    I think that's how Ancelotti sees things at present.
    He's the most experienced and will eventually need replacing. (Been a while since I've owned, too old).

That's quite a shift from last season and Insigne has dipped, in value, form and the new managers rating, though he remains a class act. I'm suspicious a move is on the table (recently dumped)

Verdi is currently 4th choice, he's younger than the two above and cost Napoli a lot of money, he's proven at Serie A level and I'm waiting for him to step in and explode, displacing the two above (I'm holding).

What's key to your question is this :
    Milik is the best compliment to all 3 above, none of the others can really play together effectively. The manager seems to favor a target man. Milik is improving a great deal in his link up play, he's creating and scoring.
    On this basis he can't be left out. I think he's now the first name on Ancelotti's lineup, as far as forwards go. (I'm holding).

I currently put Milik at £3.20 (Verdi at £2.25), so we're getting close, however Milik is the one playing and scoring, can't see that changing any time in the near future. So he's the best forward hold at the club.

• I sold 100 shares this morning as he is just too slow to move and I've now invested that 300 quid into 300 shares in cheaper players that will move far quicker

• Yep he is one of those that people just dont fancy, sold mine a few weeks ago.

• Personally I think now is time to buy not sell, but yes it seems like his price has been stagnant for an age, one foot into quarter finals of Europa league and very comfortable position in Serie A for top 4, they can probably put a strong team into latter stages of Europa league and go very far if not win it.

• @Andy-M said in Milik - Napoli:

Personally I think now is time to buy not sell, but yes it seems like his price has been stagnant for an age, one foot into quarter finals of Europa league and very comfortable position in Serie A for top 4, they can probably put a strong team into latter stages of Europa league and go very far if not win it.

The worry is he has hardly budged in a few months so what will happen when they knocked out! My guess is tank.

• @NewUser36408 may I ask who? ;)

• @Tom77 I agree - if they are KO'd his price will tank

• @Tom77 said in Milik - Napoli:

@Andy-M said in Milik - Napoli:

Personally I think now is time to buy not sell, but yes it seems like his price has been stagnant for an age, one foot into quarter finals of Europa league and very comfortable position in Serie A for top 4, they can probably put a strong team into latter stages of Europa league and go very far if not win it.

The worry is he has hardly budged in a few months so what will happen when they knocked out! My guess is tank.

Of course there's possibilities for everything, but he's currently the only regular scorer for Napoli, almost double the amount of goals as the next best, he's also the 2nd choice behind Lewandowski for Poland and there's talk of him retiring (no idea how true) anyway I'll keep him for next few weeks and make a more permanent choice after SS, who knows what that'll bring.

• @Neil2265 you may ask yes 😉 Eric garcia, Bruno petkovic and Pedro guilherme

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.