Man United new Center Back

• Who do we think United will sign? Would be nice to get him early..
    A few names and their trading prices would be great..

• Eder militao good young player who united could of got for 5 million at start of season

• United are tight bastards and will wait till the summer to sign Alderweireld for his his reduced release fee. Around £25 milk I think.
    United already have plenty of talented young centre backs, some yet to make their first team debut.

• I think they will bring Tuanzebe in from the start of next season to contest for a spot as well as offloading Rojo, providing he continues his earlier form on loan at Aston Villa when comes back from his foot injury.

• @Sacred said in Man United new Center Back:

I think they will bring Tuanzebe in from the start of next season to contest for a spot as well as offloading Rojo, providing he continues his earlier form on loan at Aston Villa when comes back from his foot injury.

Being a fan, I can assure you he's not. 👌

The number 1 centre half at the minute is Lindelof. The other 3 Jones, Smalling & Rojo are trying to cement a partnership with him.

Unfortunately, none of them look good enough which is why we will probably buy a centre back in the summer under the new manager.

• There was talk of Skriniar but that doesn't seem likely now. And there's an outside shot for Sander Berge with OGS having that Norwegian link.

Not sure if I rate Tuanzebe yet.

@Ericali where do you put Bailly?

• There was talk of Ruden Dias a bit ago but I'm not sure if those rumours are dead now. I think Koulibaly would be a perfect fit but no doubt he'll end up being too expensive - I doubt we'd shell out 90mil or whatever is being quoted.

• @Lukeroro i thought berge was more of a midfielder? i held him for ages a while back, he rose a bit and i sold - seems he's risen more. typical.

• @ElegantMonkey just been looking at the players I lost patience with.. Minor, Porto's Herrera, Domigos Quina (poor on my part), Leroy Sane, the list goes on.

I think he's either but as he gains experience will play at the back. I don't hold but a lot on the forum do.

• @Lukeroro I'd put him on the next plane out of O.T.

Started ok, but he's all over the place positionally - hasn't kicked on.

• @Ericali have Jones and Smalling kicked on more? Rojo gets a pass because his left side give you a balanced defense.

• @Lukeroro said in Man United new Center Back:

@Ericali have Jones and Smalling kicked on more? Rojo gets a pass because his left side give you a balanced defense.

No, Jones is a worse player than the 17 year old we signed from Blackburn - he's gone backwards!

Smalling is OK but he has him limitations - probably be good for a PL team in the lower end of the top 10. (Cue Utd ARE a team in the lower end of the top 10 gags 🙄)

We need defenders who can compare to Ferdinand or Vidic - top, top quality.

• @Ericali We'll have to wait and see i guess but i think Tuanzebe will be playing premier league football next season assuming he stays injury free, whether it's out on loan to a lower premier league side or part of the centre back rotation at Man Utd.

• As a United fan, I'm not sure about Koulibaly, after what Salah did to him in the Champions League. Mind you, Salah is world class.
    Would love to get Shane Duffy from Brighton. So dominant in the air, that's what we need. I'm sure if he had a fancy Italian name he'd be spoken about in a higher manner..