William Troost-Ekong

• Ok, a couple things first, this isn't a pump and dump as I only hold 8 shares after spending my last few pounds of my balance on him. Also I generally don't like threads about 1 player but there is a genuine challenge behind this one.

A bit of background, Troost-Ekong is a Nigerian centre back born in Holland. He is 25 years old and was signed by Udinese in the Summer for a few million euros from Bursaspor. He is one of only 3 Udinese players to have featured in every Serie A match this season, starting all 19 games so far. He has 28 caps for Nigeria.

He only costs 44p per share.

The challenge for the forum is...

Can you find a player who is 25 or younger, is an outfield player, plays in a PB league and has started at least 90% of his clubs league games this season for cheaper than 44p per future?

Should be mentioned that his IPO was 40p so basically risk free.

• Guessing no one can find anyone that fits the criteria?

• @Static

I can very nearly beat that.

Oussama Haddadi has played 90% of Dijon's league matches as a wingback / full back and is just 37p.

However, he is 26 years old, so just outside your search criteria!

• @ocs123 I hold Haddidi. He gets decent scores sometimes, but his price won't budge. Its frustrating!

• luis Advincula - 33p, plays every minute in a PB team - even got an assist in his last game which is a 3% ROI alone*

*I'm not recommending to buy him at all - slim to no chance he will win PB just stating that there are cheap players out there

as it happens I bought 100 as he played on a single game day as a wild gamble - ill look forward to that £1 hitting my account on Wednesday!

• @ocs123 yeah he is a good one, have seen his price jump a little now and again

• @Wilba Advincula turns 29 in a couple of months though and is unlikely to ever move to a bigger club. Troost-Ekong is only 25 and could easily move to a bigger club if he has a good couple of years at Udinese.

My question was whether there is a u25 cheaper than 44p who plays every match in a PB league and isn't a GK

• @Static said in William Troost-Ekong:

@Wilba Advincula turns 29 in a couple of months though and is unlikely to ever move to a bigger club. Troost-Ekong is only 25 and could easily move to a bigger club if he has a good couple of years at Udinese.

fair comment I hadnt actually read the criteria on your post so apologies from me. Although seems he is only on loan at the moment so come the end of the season may well get a move to a better (or worse) team

• Incredible to think that if there is a four-way share split, these players will be circa 10p per share by the end of March.

Surely they'll double in price and rise back up to at least 20p by the end of the season.

• @Wilba yeah I guess that's the gamble with Advincula. He is actually a Tigres player, so next season he could be in a PB league or not. Troost-Ekong is an Udinese player so unless they get relegated or decide to sell their starting CB, he will be there next season

• @ocs123 said in William Troost-Ekong:

Incredible to think that if there is a four-way share split, these players will be circa 10p per share by the end of March.

Surely they'll double in price and rise back up to at least 20p by the end of the season.

I think that also carries a risk at the lower end of the market.

for example I could have 200 of a 30p player as a punt - that could turn into 800. If someone else has 200 that turns to 800 if they dump them itll start costing a lot more money rather than a 2p from it could be an 8p drop (depending how it works post split)

As we have always seen that for every huge rise there is a sell off somewhere to fund it and at this stage we dont know where the money will be going to and which area might take a hit. I have started to level out the number of futures I have in each player so that I hopefully dont leave myself too exposed and also for the kind of trader that I am I dont like having too many in any given player (I currently trade in 25's with the hope of that growing to 100 after the split as I am comfortable with that level)

• I think Advincula is probably the worlds most underrated wing forward back (he makes his position his own as Simon Cowell would say) and is only a pump away from hitting 50p+ with all these dodgy Iranians and Panama players especially hitting record levels of spikes...

I've said it all along.. He will reach £1 by Xmas... I'm just not sure which Xmas he'll do it before!!!!!

the ferret still has wheels though and don't forget Vallecano are 2 and 0 for 2019!!!!!!!!!!

• @Wilba

Good point. I'm trying not to hold more than 100 futures in any given player for that very reason.

There will be winners and losers immediately after the share split, but given time, as the Index grows (and most players increase in price) the four way share split (if it is a four way split) will deliver huge increases to pre-split holders - i.e. every 1p rise will be four times more profitable than it is now.

• Baptiste santamaria is 45p 23 Yr old plays midfield for angers, alot of big clubs have shown interest in him and he's played every game this season,think angers have a single match day on Wednesday

• @NewUser181699 well done! First prize to you Sir/Madam. Wasn't sure there would be any. Will add him to my watch list