Share split

• I am relitively new to FI. Iv read about an upcoming share split, what exactly does this mean to my shares in terms of profit/loss and player share prices in general?

• @NewUser186748 said in Share split:

I am relitively new to FI. Iv read about an upcoming share split, what exactly does this mean to my shares in terms of profit/loss and player share prices in general?

For every future you own it will be split by a certain amount.. let's say 4 😁

So you have 10 Rashford's today, you'll have 40 after split, if cost is around £8 it will be devided by 4, so now £2 ... you with me mate ??

• @Andy-M got you mate. I take it theres possibility of making decent profit after the share split when he goes on the rise again sticking with the rashford example?

• @NewUser186748 said in Share split:

@Andy-M got you mate. I take it theres possibility of making decent profit after the share split when he goes on the rise again sticking with the rashford example?

That's what we're all hoping 😁

• @NewUser186748 one other thing to note is that the dividends will also likely split into 4 as well.

• When they said the share split was going to take place in the first quarter
    Are they being clever here and giving themselves some leeway as first quarter could mean Jan - March
    or it could mean 1st fiscal quarter (Apr - Jun) - it may well be that they are aiming for the end of the season...?

Its the type of question that keeps a Ferret awake at night

• I'm pretty much taking them on face value.

They said the first quarter which means anywhere between January and the end of March.

I doubt they are trying to be clever & mean the first quarter of the financial year.....

I expect them to do what it pretty much said on the tin. 👍

• @Advinculas-Index
    I just hope it's bloody soon. I'm getting impatient now, as my activity is pretty much on hold until the split and I can see how things develop!

• @Ericali
    I suspect you are correct
    Im hoping that they announce the date well in advance though as that will provoke an additional surge in the market to the one that should happen on the day itself

• @Advinculas-Index I hope your right with them announcing a date - but i think they will just spring it on us.

Announce it on the website, maybe send us an email & they suspend the platform for an hour or two while people digest what any new information means.

Could be a case of fastest finger first - see who sees the news and reacts the fastest.

It's worth having a few quid spare anyway for any additional changes to the platform.

• Surely it will need to go 4 ways looking at the price of neymar and pogba etc.. that’s what I am hoping for anyway

• @Ross12 said in Share split:

Surely it will need to go 4 ways looking at the price of neymar and pogba etc.. that’s what I am hoping for anyway

Personally I'm hoping for 5 ways. Would make media 1p which is more sensible than 1.25p which is just silly.

And if they then touched up PB dividends a little to round numbers then it would be perfect.

Or even better. Share split 6 ways but make media 1p and divide PB by 5 rounding up.

• @mike778
    i think 5 or 6 fold is stretching it too far when you consider some of the lower ended price players who would be back into single pence figures

I think it will be 4

• @Advinculas-Index said in Share split:

@mike778
    i think 5 or 6 fold is stretching it too far when you consider some of the lower ended price players who would be back into single pence figures

I think it will be 4

why ?

there is a 21p player on the index. With a 4 way split he is 5p, with a 5 way split he is 4p. With a 6 way split he is 3.5p depending how they do the rounding. Why is 5p OK and 4p not ?

• Personally, I believe that although FI said they will be dividing dividends by the split factors, that they are working very hard behind the scenes to keep dividends as high as possible. Obviously it will be a big call on their part but I think that dividends will only end up dividing by say 2 on a 4 way split, or a new and better dividend structure will be put in place

• @mike778

A fair point
    I still cant imagine they will go lower than 4 though to be honest

and when you listen to the podcast with Adam Cole (FIG) on the subject of the share split, they talked about scenarios relating to it as if it was going to be split 4 ways albeit unintentionally.

Time will tell