New Customer Issues

• I've been on here over 3 months now and regularly read the forum etc to find out people's thoughts and opinions on FI, and new user questions(I don't pay much attention to threads about individual players). Living in Ireland and speaking to people about FI, many are interested but not investing for the following 2 reasons:

1. it is a sterling based company with no way of depositing in euros(I have discussed this before so won't dwell on it)
    2. it looks like a Betfair/index based platform which is great, but the spreads are massive(ie the Betfair sell price on popular events is normally 1-2 ticks below the buy price, but here the spread is at least 3-5%, and 2% sale commission is added).

Now us seasoned users know that point 2 isn't correct, as you can go into a sell queue to sell your player and get the current price when you wait. However, this isn't obvious on first impression, and the interface does look like the sell price is what it is. My Irish counterparts therefore thought that in order to make a profit, they would have to clear the large spread, 2% commission, plus the few % they get stung for with foreign exchange/bank charges. So they would need a player to gain circa 10% just to break even!! Only when I explained to them in detail about the sell queue did it become significantly more appealing to them.

I know that when you read the fine print and actually trade, the sell queue makes sense, but the curious potential punter may not be so savvy at the beginning?

My point is, should FI only be showing the buy price on a player, and only when you click them an instant sell price comes up with a note explaining the 2 sell options (IS and queue)?

• @CraigM think we will get smaller spreads with the order book. Probably show the best buy and sales prices on a quick view and the IS showing where else.

• @Misto said in New Customer Issues:

@CraigM think we will get smaller spreads with the order book. Probably show the best buy and sales prices on a quick view and the IS showing where else.

Totally agree, and the sooner this comes into play the better, and more transparent it will be

• Point well made, Craig. It should be clearer to new comers who could be put off.

• @Misto smaller spreads only if the liquidity is there imo. At a total speculative guess, I fear majority (70%+ )of the trading money is tied up within Pogba, Neymar, messi and a select handful others in the top 20 highest priced players....if that's the case, then don't expect to see smaller spreads in the majority of the players...…...would welcome any insight this ?? best TFF