De Gea

• Just saying ..... how can a goalkeeper make as many saves as De Gea make , be on the winning side, keep a clean sheet, play like a god ...... and get only 190 points!! ... and not win you any dividends.... #sold him ... your views?

• @NewUser79952 clean sheet div. But yes, don't see any value in goalkeepers generally and don't own any.

• Has a goalkeeper even won a PB yet? - bit of a mockery when De Gea cant win PB with arguably the best goalkeeping performance (and clean sheet) of the season.

A separate GK category is desperately required or goalkeepers might as well be removed form the index.

• I second that. Otherwise, GK bring no dividends apart from 2p fo clean sheets for the first 30 days,

• @Chris-J Yes GK's have won PB dividends but this will generally happen on a Single PB Matchday where competition is at a minimum.

• I got lucky and had a keeper (Zenter), that won pb, his price didnt move though so IS him, waste of time until a real system can appear.

• @NewUser79952 said in De Gea:

Just saying ..... how can a goalkeeper make as many saves as De Gea make , be on the winning side, keep a clean sheet, play like a god ...... and get only 190 points!! ... and not win you any dividends.... #sold him ... your views?

I hear you. It was an unbelievable display. Should have cleaned up PB. This is why nobody buys keeper.

• Remember De Gea getting a massive score against Sevilla last year in the UCL and think Alisson might have scored high when Liverpool beat Roma... seen a couple of winners over the last year and a bit but nothing to state its worth investing (unless they give GK's there own PB category).

• Given that many seem certain something must happen to make keepers more attractive, surely £100 spread over a few top keepers might actually be a good long-term investment now? It won't lose much, and if they get their own PB group then suddenly values will surely shoot up.

I haven't invested in many keepers myself, but it is an idea I'm musing over.

• @kristiang85 i certainly think some savvy investors have already done this... i did with De Gea and Lloris in particular and held for almost a year before cutting my losses with minimal movement on them.. suppose it depends on how long you are willing to wait as there are much quicker ways to profit from futures (ie on sheer transfer speculation or a player scoring a goal or two alone)... Low risk though and you won't lose much but its tying your money up on something that might or might not happen when you can probably return better elsewhere which is the issue for me!!!