Cardiff close to signing Salah

• Sorry, Sala..

Does that hugely affect his price? I still don't see him getting too much media, I doubt it raises his chance of PB and he'll probably score less. He's 28 so he's not exactly a wonderkid.

I mean, he'll rise, but will he be value for the rise?

• He might not rise.
    Cardiff aint a great move for him

• could be an example of where a move is bad for a player on FI. At his current team hes scoring relatively freely but will struggle against much better opposition in the prem

• @Wilba said in Cardiff close to signing Salah:

could be an example of where a move is bad for a player on FI. At his current team hes scoring relatively freely but will struggle against much better opposition in the prem

I initially thought the same but I'm not sure the index is like that. I seem to remember Victor Camarasa had a rise when he joined Cardiff on loan from Betis. A midfielder is going to score much much better PB at Betis than Cardiff, but I'm sure the average Prem player is probably more than the equivalent in another PB league.

I haven't actually been bothered to look it up but I imagine Prem players are most expensive on average with those at Ligue 1 clubs the cheapest.

• @Wilba I agree. How many goals do we think he or even Cardiff for that matter will score this season?

• He'll score less goals and get lower PB scores.

But that doesn't seem to matter currently.

Might put him in the shop window to move to West Ham or something when Cardiff get relegated.

• @Yellow with arguably the weakest opposition, Ligue 1 is a dividend gold mine.

• Apparently Cardiff are also after some striker from Ayr who i've been reliably told has been ripping it up in Scottish League one? Not sure if Rangers are in for him too (his name escapes me) but scored something like 20 goals already this season...

Either way both he and Sala are a bit of a gamble for a team that 'need' EPL quality in my opinion...? Surely theres a Championship striker out there who's better equipped for a relegation fight?

• Unless someone gets lucky and on the player early to flip them Cardiff are DOOMED! DOOMED you hear me?

The real question for the forum is who would you buy out of that team when they get relegated?

• Not sure if Cardiff are quite doomed yet as they have a lot of fight and spirit under Warnock and that can surprisingly take you a long way (for one season at least)... should they stay up I can't see them lasting longer than another year though?

Maybe Callum Patterson or Victor Camarasa both at 0.84? Joe Ralls at 0.63....? Although 'IF' they did go down I don't think I would touch any as I don't personally see any of their players grabbing too many EPL headlines? Junior Hoillet is probably their best PB bet????

• @dannypea

Lawrence Shankland

• @Comrade thank you!!!!

don't know anything about him to be honest? Could be the next Kenny Dalglish???? Or could be the next David Goodwillie??

• @dannypea

Failed at Aberdeen a couple of seasons ago but he was young