Update tomorrow

• Just got an email from FI about an update and lock down on trading tomorrow from 8 to 10. Do you think it might be the split? Or is this regular site maintenance that happens every once in a while?

• I've never seen anything like that 👀😳🙏🏻

• I'd have thought if it was the share split they'd have said so! There's been talk for a long time that they've been re-building all their systems from the ground up so I assume it'll be that. Once the new systems are in place and working they will then look at the share split (this is all me guessing given what makes sense in my head btw, I have no information other than the email everyone else got!!)

• I can't say for certain, but I don't believe it will be the share split.

The guys running the index have a history of providing us with ambiguous messages which has led to frustration, confusion and upset amongst the users. Again, this is the clear as mud communication I have come to expect from FI.

Hopefully they will come out in the next hour or so and confirm this is NOT the share split. Just for clarity.

• @9stevo said in Update tomorrow:

I'd have thought if it was the share split they'd have said so! There's been talk for a long time that they've been re-building all their systems from the ground up so I assume it'll be that. Once the new systems are in place and working they will then look at the share split (this is all me guessing given what makes sense in my head btw, I have no information other than the email everyone else got!!)

I was thinking it COULD be the share split... It's a very low key email which isn't causing any panic. I reckon that's what FI want, after the G&A debacle.

At 10am tomorrow I'd expect an announcement followed by everyone's shares suddenly quadrupled, come onnnnnnn!!!

• @ScouseSte I'm also wondering if it may be the split. So many new users and FI need to make the most of the opportunity.

Either that, or Nasdaq?

• @ScouseSte
    I think the opposite. Make it public. Create excitement. Rake in the money then drop the share split and repeat!
    To be honest. The way things are going at the moment they can hold off as far as I’m concerned. Index is flying

• It's definitely going to be the share split. Ps this is a FI pump...get your money in tonight godammit 😂

• @Salmon said in Update tomorrow:

@ScouseSte
    I think the opposite. Make it public. Create excitement. Rake in the money then drop the share split and repeat!
    To be honest. The way things are going at the moment they can hold off as far as I’m concerned. Index is flying

No they did that with the G&A announcement and it backfired massively. Lots of people even LEFT the platform because of it.

I'm thinking it HAS to be the split. Any maintenance to a website is always done at daft hours in the morning, not peak trading time.
    I'm ready for it, come on, let's be aviiiiiinn youuuuuuuuu! (Copyright Delia Smith)

• @Salmon Yes, but the main reason for the split is to make the platform more accessible for new users. What better time to do it? Before people walk away after seeing one Neymar future at £19.

By not announcing it, they are giving everyone a fair chance at buying players at their new lower price. If they announced, prices would fly in anticipation. Better to fly post split when everyone can see what's happened.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on the platform tomorrow morning.

• Think this could be it, the big ss 💥💥💥

• I wonder whether FI would do the share split during ''tryJan.'' It's seems like it could cause complications regarding anyone who decided to cancel their account at the end of January, ok FI simply refund their deposit money but they have to remove 2x / 4x the number of shares bought? Although maybe that's easily done?

• I bet It's the new site going up, not the split. Although it's 100% a good time to do the split.

• @Metropolis_山の中の市
    Maybe. But equally the amount of new users in recent weeks would suggest that it’s not putting them off at all. Surely if £19 Neymar’s were an issue then the market would be fairly still now.

I’d predict it’s just for rolling out the new software. Allow that to bed in and then hit the share split in a few weeks.

Also got to remember that new users are probably coining it in at the moment so have no reason to pull out at the end of the month, share split or no share split. You would have to be doing something very wrong not to be making money over the last few weeks since Christmas.

• Either way it's clever from FI, a few quid will continue to hit the platform tonight...

• @ScouseSte I mean it could be, I just don't think it's likely. They know the website, apps etc aren't great and have made comments about rebuilding them so I think it'd be crazy to do the SS before they'd launched them and proven them.

• I can't see the share split being done early morning, it's likely to be done after the standard 9-5 working day to give more users time to get involved.
    I see it as the new platform being introduced/stress tested to make sure it's usable on a wider scale, ready for the share split (and whatever increased trading & activity that comes with it).
    My guess is that the split will be done at the end of the month, after payday, to encourage more revenue

• Confirmed by Mike that it's not share split, just maintenance update.

• @Hotspur said in Update tomorrow:

Confirmed by Mike that it's not share split, just maintenance update.

Well now I'm just annoyed 😡😆😆

• @ScouseSte they will have known the announcement would set hares running about a share split. They were like tortoises in catching those hares, knowing full well there would be a market reaction.