Josh Maja

• The big riser today on the index.

It looks like he is moving regardless, it's just a case of where too?

I've seen links with Spurs, Everton, Palace, Celtic & apparently an unnamed Bundesliga club.

Is anyone thinking at 1.5m (the rumoured price for him leaving in January) he could be off to Spurs with the Kane/Son crises they have? 🤔

Poch likes youth, and he's not really much of a gamble at just 20 years old is he?

Thoughts?

🙄

• He’s a got 20 year old in the youth squad mate but you already know that!

Sorry I couldn’t resist!

• is he not an IPO today hence the manic rise?

• @Wilba yep 80p to £1.80 in about 2 seconds

• @Boing-Boing said in Josh Maja:

@Wilba yep 80p to £1.80 in about 2 seconds

Good old bots!

Sunderland are desperate to get promoted, itll take a lot for them to let him leave this window - £1.80 is a lot so more downside than up on this one I think

• four ways of earning cash on FI... capital growth... MB...PB.... G&A...

Maja can grow in value but can't win a PB or G&A until he at least moves clubs... He's unrealistically going to win MB as that market is dominated by superstars.. so right now for your £1.81 you can only really ride the crest of a wave and 'hope' he continues to go up in value based on performance, promise and speculation.

when I invest in players I would like at least three opportunities of the top four reasons to invest to make it worthwhile, otherwise yes I would consider it as a gamble?

Not saying he's a bad player and believe you can really get in and make some coin 'IF' he moves on to bigger and better things but for anyone's strategy based on the four key points on making money through FI you only really have one opportunity at the moment with Maja where you can make on so I would say there are better value players in the market kicking around the same price!!!

• @Ericali

The kid's had half a good season for a league 1 team, he maybe the next Sancho, Rashford, Sterling or Kane but I think he still has rather a lot to prove before he'll be of similar value to them. The rise is simply due to bots stockpiling him to sell to the hopelessly optimistic or deluded dreamers. If & when he gets a move to a top flight team he may be able to justify his current price but currently on all known facts he's worth less than £1 IMHO.

• @Wilba said in Josh Maja:

@Boing-Boing said in Josh Maja:

@Wilba yep 80p to £1.80 in about 2 seconds

Good old bots!

Sunderland are desperate to get promoted, itll take a lot for them to let him leave this window - £1.80 is a lot so more downside than up on this one I think

I think they are looking to sell him, in regard to getting something now rather than getting nothing in 6 months.

• @Tom77 said in Josh Maja:

He’s a got 20 year old in the youth squad mate but you already know that!

Sorry I couldn’t resist!

Oh, I know the guy you mean 👍 the guy with zero senior goals who shall remain nameless. 😉

• I don’t rate him. Shares in him are poison if he doesn’t move. If you holding large sums, watch very closely.

• @SambaStar said in Josh Maja:

I don’t rate him. Shares in him are poison if he doesn’t move. If you holding large sums, watch very closely.

Poison? Really? 🤔

He has 6 month on his current deal & has refused to sign a new contract.

On a share that people may of bought that potentially lasts 3 years.

Why would he not move? It's not like there aren't any interested parties, so could you elaborate why they are poison?

• He could end up at Celtic as a rotation player. His transfer destination is key. If he ends up at a Premier League team his price could continue to rise. If he goes to a non-pb league team like Celtic or Aston Villa will his price drop?

• @Static said in Josh Maja:

He could end up at Celtic as a rotation player. His transfer destination is key. If he ends up at a Premier League team his price could continue to rise. If he goes to a non-pb league team like Celtic or Aston Villa will his price drop?

I understand the Celtic angle, with it being a non PB league from a logical perspective, but Football Index isn't quite that simple to predict.

Just look at what surely must have been droves of Rangers fans who bought into Defoe at 36.

Celtic are a similar size club, still in the Europa League, so even as a worst case scenario he ended up in Scotland - would it not be reasonable to expect a Defoe sized spike? especially as the Scottish newspapers are portraying this as some sort of coo if Celtic get him ahead of the reported interest from the PL & Bundesliga.

I can't see him less than £2.50 on hype alone if he gets a move, & if he runs down his contract he may drop to £1.40 ish until the inevitable upturn in share price when his next move is announced 6 months down the line.

Either way, I think it's a very sensible hold.