What if

• Skybet or another betting giant decided to set up a similar index?

• @Tom77 FI would still have first mover advantage and also I think if a betting giant wanted in they would just try and buy FI.

• We’ll blow them up

• it happens... but i think FI being the first will have an advantage with loyal (and probably stubborn set in the ways) customers (like me)... the only thing I could think would move people over is an 'enhanced' version with more winnings, more incentives, guaranteed money and all that malarky!!

Lets face it we all started on friends re-united, then we were told myspace was the business, then facebook, twitter, linkedin, insta, snapchat, marcopolo, habbo, zing, crunchyroll the list goes on as the world wide web evolves... I can no longer be bothered with any of them!!!

I wouldn't worry about it too much though, there's plenty of money to be earned short/mid/longer term so within the 3 year hold of your players I'm sure FI will only grow... Always worth having in the back of your mind though 'what if' as friends of friends reunited soon found out, nothing lasts forever!!!

• @Misto said in What if:

@Tom77 FI would still have first mover advantage and also I think if a betting giant wanted in they would just try and buy FI.

^^^ This....

Would be too much of a risk a new company setting up, why would anyone want to put literally put 1,000s of ££'s into a product that could go bust in the first 12 months like a large proportion of companies do in their first year of existence.

Football Index has been going since 2015 & is booming at present, radio slot, TV adverts, YouTube adverts, on the London Underground.

It would be much more sensible for a company like Betfair to allign themselves with F.I or as @Misto says try to buy them out, then introducing a untrusted & rival product.

Betdaq was set up to rival Betfair but all the money was still in the trusted product of Betfair.

• @Tom77 ive thought about this a lot but not in the sense that it would be competition but that this a new form of sports betting much like one bookies must of been the first to introduce in play betting. I cant see them all doing it but i can imagine one or too mite as a side interest to their online betting apps i doubt it would become any kind of threat to this index though

• The best form of flattery is imitation. A rival exchange merely has to offer a better service, better returns and some additional gimmicks and it will eat into the base line membership of FI.

The users here are wedded to capital returns. Not to FI itself and it should also be remembered that Mr Cole will not turn down a massive buyout because the company he's selling it to might do something unethical with our money.

Customer loyalty is dead. Welcome to digital consumerism and i've just about used up your 32 seconds of digital attention span...

• @Black-wolf and you never know but the index could even become so well established that bookmakers my even offer betting odds on movements within the football index. And maybe we can all dream that one day the pundits on tv my talk about how good a game a player has had and reference his growth on the index as a form evidence to back up their claims.
    Or maybe im living with my head in the clouds all i can say for sure is i love this platform and i hope to be here for years to come

• @Black-wolf I can see this. Already got a slot on radio, although self funded. And the presenters really started to get into it. TV slot next...onwards and upwards

• @Parvez112333 presented by Skinner and Badiel ?

• I would love to hear Alan Brazil and Ray Parlour talking about football index players.

• @Tom77 said in What if:

I would love to hear Alan Brazil and Ray Parlour talking about football index players.

Nobody wants to hear Alan Brazil opine on anything...surely?

• @Ellisandro said in What if:

@Tom77 said in What if:

I would love to hear Alan Brazil and Ray Parlour talking about football index players.

Nobody wants to hear Alan Brazil opine on anything...surely?

I’m sure he could afford could a wedge in the index though, he loves a gamble.

• @Tom77 Be great if Mr. Brazil gets burnt by a pump&dump...and rants about it on the radio

• @Parvez112333 😂😂😂that would be brilliant!