IS and Selling to Market

• To be taken seriously as a trading platform, Football Index must have a method of selling players which traders are comfortable with. Currently there are two options:

1. Sell To Market - the main problem with this is that with the increased volume of players, there is less liquidity so this becomes less of an option. In addition, you don't know what you will get as the reserve prive does not work.
    2. Instant Sell - with instant sell, the spread is big and you even with IS you don't know what price you will get unless you deduct commission yourself.

Neither of these are satisfactory which deters trading meaning a lot of people wil buy and hold. This does not benefit Football Index. I would suggest these two methods are ditched and replaced with an altered version of Instant Sell.

Within the market, you would get a player's Buy and Sell price as currently. However the Sell price would be set at the Buy price minus 3% commission. Crucially you see the exact price you are getting (not the price before commission). 3% seems reasonable as it is between the current sell-to-market price (2%) and IS (3%).

I don't know the balance of IS and Sell to Market so I'm not sure how it would impact on total commission but I do feel it would significantly increase traders confidence in being able to sell their players at an acceptable price.

As well as this - and I am aware it has been suggested before - there needs to be an automated system where you can set an auto-sell. So if I own Morata at £3.50, I would like to be able to set an auto-sell command if the price reaches £4 (if multiple have it set at that price then its whoever set it first sells). Prices can fluctuate wildly in games and I'd be far more likely to short-term trade (which is what makes FI their money primarily the short-term trades) if I thought I could benefit without monitoring FI 24-7.

• For me, the auto sell would be a game changer.

As for IS, I wouldn't mind using it in certain scenarios but, as you say, the reserve prices do not work.

Also, seems obvious to have commission shown.

Up vote from me.

• Where did you see that IS charges a 3% commission? In the 'game rules' it states that both forms of sale have a 2% commission

''You may be able to cash out your Bet early (for either more than you paid for the Bet or for less) by clicking 'Sell' on the Shares you hold in your Portfolio (up to a maximum of 100 Shares per transaction). You are able to sell your Shares in two (2) ways (both of which we take a 2% commission fee and a minimum of 1p from each completed sale transaction)''

• @NewUser78072 said in IS and Selling to Market:

Where did you see that IS charges a 3% commission? In the 'game rules' it states that both forms of sale have a 2% commission

''You may be able to cash out your Bet early (for either more than you paid for the Bet or for less) by clicking 'Sell' on the Shares you hold in your Portfolio (up to a maximum of 100 Shares per transaction). You are able to sell your Shares in two (2) ways (both of which we take a 2% commission fee and a minimum of 1p from each completed sale transaction)''

@NewUser78072 said in IS and Selling to Market:

Where did you see that IS charges a 3% commission? In the 'game rules' it states that both forms of sale have a 2% commission

They both charge 2% commission.

However the spread (gap between buy and sell price) of IS is 3%. You pay that and the 2% commission meaning the total charge whether you call it commission or spread or whatever is 5% (plus they sometimes change the spread when people are mass selling and by change I mean increase).

• An auto-sell is a must for any serious trading platform. I've only just joined and although it is an interesting spin on trading the functionality seems very rudimentary.

Anyone who is in full-time employment, studying, caring for family or has any other kind of responsibilities can't be on here all the time or glued to the football gossip so there has to be some degree of automation for it to be worthwhile.

I haven't sold yet but definitely would be in favour of showing the commission BEFORE finalising the trade.

• Wouldnt work has unlike stock market the volume is only 100 shares to 1p rise or fall If you start setting buys and sell prices It ruins the idea of the natural reaction to the footy news where first to react benifits. Watch Mo Salah or Harry Kane get a Hat-trick and the market at same time will give You a idea why theres 100,000 people checking there phones all day (Its adictive) I compare FI to film fight club... Its a culture based addiction of sorts in my view :-) my opinion No offence anyone

• But the stock market is also heavily dictated by reactions to news. Those who are able to anticipate, react quickly or correctly predict events can make better decisions. The safety net of a sell limit can also punish if a stock quickly recovers after your limit has been triggered or if it continues to rise beyond your upper limit.

• The Squad i seen the news Of Vardy link to Man Untd last night my shares in him shown a increase and sat at 86p i brought anouther 25 and today he went to £1.10 for a instant sell id of got about £1.05 or £1 .03 after commission i aint held my 75 shares long and sold them at 96p in the end the first 50 i brought at i think 79p If i sold right i would Of made a 20% profit i missed out due to another player deciding theres No chance Of him going to Manchester United and getting his timing right to sell I want to buy some vardy back but not at his price now again judgement i may get None and he may go United then ive Lost however i think If he does go he will warm the bench but then United are better than the team he won the League with some may argue Its a game and by getting a bot to sell i dont think would work by setting margins. Just my view

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.