Tuesday 21st Best IPO buys

• Can't really call them bargains anymore as the IPO's remain generally too high however we'll soldier on trying to find value.

Star Man : Joao Pedro - 50p. 25yr old Brazilian who's notched 4 in 10 starts this season. 7 goals in 17 starts last term suggest he's not just a flash in the plan. Cagliari aren't the best team but when they win there's a good chance he'll be behind it.

Strikers :
    World Cup bound Augsburg's Finnbogason has an impressive career strike rate of 47 in 101 games so I'd be happy having him in my portfolio for 80p
    Atalanta's Petagna is only 22 and getting plenty of starts especially in the Europa League. Using Gomez in midfield as a benchmark 70p seems very cheap.

Defenders :
    Hertha Berlin's Rekik is only 22, has impressive Avg PPG and carries a mild goal threat but if you're after a speculative Europa League defender for 50p then he wouldn't be a bad option.
    Betis's Feddal has a better strike rate in recent seasons and might get more time after Abat and Mandi's distastrous performance at the hands of Eibar last night. Not sure I'd want to pay 70p for him though.

• @Agatello Thanks for keeping these posts coming, they're a real help

• @Agatello Agree with Joao Pedro and Rekik the main ones to look out for tomorrow also liked the look of Karim Bellarabi he has 45 Goals in 198 Games from Midfield which is a very good return. Also would like a punt on Ahmir Mehmedi has a modest return for a Forward of 42 Goals in 219 Games but he has good all round stats and averages 30 PPG. He may only score 1 in 5 but I think that when he does score he'll have a very good PB score.

• @MrFrenchTickler said in Tuesday 21st Best IPO buys:

@Agatello Agree with Joao Pedro and Rekik the main ones to look out for tomorrow also liked the look of Karim Bellarabi he has 45 Goals in 198 Games from Midfield which is a very good return. Also would like a punt on Ahmir Mehmedi has a modest return for a Forward of 42 Goals in 219 Games but he has good all round stats and averages 30 PPG. He may only score 1 in 5 but I think that when he does score he'll have a very good PB score.

That's a very apt point. No point coming in the top 10 all year round and winning nothing compared to someone who actually strikes gold when they do perform on the odd occasion (which is why I still think the Kondog is a decent buy considering he's only 24 playing for a top side!). I only shy'd away from him due to £1 valuation.

I benchmarked Bellerabi against his younger teammate Julian Brandt who's sitting at 92p at the minute with better passing and 6 years younger, wasn't much in it to be fair and thought Bellerabi might hit 85ish. He is more prolific over his career and goals are so important these days but slightly out of favour at the moment in terms of starts. Tough call.

• @Agatello completely agree on Geoffrey. He's young, playing very well in this Valencia side, has 3 goals already this season and averages over 50 passes a season. He represents fantastic value compared to a lot of overpriced Midfielders out there. He's a PB threat and I think he will have natural growth in value over the course of the season he should be worth so much more. I hope he stays at this price until all the IPO's are rolled out because I'll definitely be going back in for him. I'm just gutted I only bought him Sunday Morning so wasn't eligible for the PB. Can't believe I missed him when he first came out.

• Jump on Doucoure instead at a cheaper price, I think that boy's going places and more clinical in front of goal.

• Worth keeping an eye on Cenk Tosun various Prem teams said to be interested but his goals mean that Beksitas are likely to qualify for the knockout stages of the UCL so probably unlikely to be sold in January

Likewise Alex Telles playing well at LB for Porto who could qualify from the same UCL group with Chelsea said to be interested

• @Agatello yeah already had Doucoure and picked up Kondogbia on Sunday just wish I had of got him at a lower price and before Sunday morning so I could have won the PB as well.

• @Dave-C I agree mate tosun is good and well worth a punt at 63p atm.. can defo see him coming to the prem

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.