Where value is?

• Hi guys

So wanted to do a post demonstrating the benefit of looking outside of the prem for value.

So current ballpark figures.
    Buy avg PB div total
    Prem league - £1.37 £6.00
    La liga - £1.09 £6.60
    Ligue 1 - £1.08 £5.46
    Bundesliga - £1.07 £5.52
    Serie a - £0.97 £3.94
    Other leagues - £0.60 £1.10

So as you can see that the prem is a good 25% more expensive than the other leagues. This is only natural as the majority of traders are british and thus familiar with the prem. This is why its important to branch out into other leagues by using data and analysing to find real value elsewhere.

The other league pb has come from european games.

Where can you get good data to do this analysis? Well you could always try my data product for free right now (unsubtle plug) in the mean time discuss the above ;)

• @Noirx4 where is the MB data? bet the prem cleans up!
    Gotta do both to get a fair reflection

• This post is deleted!

• @CLACKETT a good point and yes it does. So here are the mb stats
    Total MB
    Prem - £10.95
    Serie A - £1.74
    La liga - £1.48
    Ligue 1 - £0.77
    Bundes - £0.26
    Other - £0.05

Of that prem mb nearly 50% is pogba, salah and hazard
    80% of serie a is ronaldo
    50% of la liga is messi
    80% of ligue 1 is neymar

So basically if you want mb go for those 6 and you will cover the majority no suprises there

• @Noirx4 Any thoughts on why La Liga dividends are higher than the Premier League and Serie A so low?

Is it more possession based tactics? More/less goals scored per match day? Matches more spread out so higher chance of winning more often?

Or simply because of Messi?

I've always thought buying purely for MB is a risk and PB is my focus. Mentioned it before but really keen to look in more detail at the stats behind the PB points. Ie. How many points awarded today to Neymar for passes, tackles, shots, dribbles etc... What's his average passes per game etc. Ideally in excel format as the rest of the data. I know WhoScored provide this but much easier to search data.

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 so this is essentially what pb base is in the data. Its pb score less points for win, goals, gwg, clean sheet and adds points for loss or own goal

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 said in Where value is?:

@Noirx4 Any thoughts on why La Liga dividends are higher than the Premier League and Serie A so low?

Is it more possession based tactics? More/less goals scored per match day? Matches more spread out so higher chance of winning more often?

Or simply because of Messi?

I've always thought buying purely for MB is a risk and PB is my focus. Mentioned it before but really keen to look in more detail at the stats behind the PB points. Ie. How many points awarded today to Neymar for passes, tackles, shots, dribbles etc... What's his average passes per game etc. Ideally in excel format as the rest of the data. I know WhoScored provide this but much easier to search data.

why would you regard MB as a risk ?

MB is far more predictable and you have a pretty good chance of figuring out what you are getting and when it will fall off when you buy for MB. PB is much more of a punt.

• buying players solely on their PB base score is one of the worst places to find "value" in FI.

• Pb was great while it was announced on FI especially the early days, now there are 100’s more players so of course everyone is going to thelook for young prospects.
    There seems to be a lot of moaning on twitter about the young players and no divs but at the end of the day it doesn't matter, the cycle at the moment is with youth and potential.
    PB will only be dominant again when all this growth has been sucked dry.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.