Kimmich still undervalued

• Came across a pb chart on Twitter the other day and kimmich has very good pb stats, anyone else think he is still undervalued?

• No I don’t. I think there’s a big risk Kimmich follows the Lahm path and starts playing CM. His big points haul come from loads of crosses and clean sheet bonuses, which would then dry up. Check out the prices of Goretzka, Martinez, Tolisso for the benchmark....

I think he’s a good hold for now but feels like a potential drop waiting to happen at £8+ as a slight change in playing style or position could send him plummeting. And that could follow a new manager if/when Kovac gets fired. Even just the arrival of Pavard to take over the RB slot and pushing Kimmich into a more central position is a risk.

Unpopular opinion, but too risky for me!

• I’d say he’s valued about right. He gets great PB, but he doesn’t get MB like Pogba, Messi, Neymar, Salah, Kane, Hazard etc. His total dividends for the season thus far are about half that of Neymar and he’s about half the price. So, yeah, about right.

• @playingcards1 This is spot on for me, I think he was primarily was a CM/DM and will eventually go back

• @NewUser210183
    Neymar total div = £1.17 price £19.45
    Kimmich total div = £0.87 price £8.78
    Agree with MB point but about half of Neymar div ?hmmm...definitely should be higher then!

• Take it Pavard has already signed for Bayern but won’t be moving till the summer? So still half a season of kimmich to get a few more pb at right back. 🤞

• @playingcards1 said in Kimmich still undervalued:

No I don’t. I think there’s a big risk Kimmich follows the Lahm path and starts playing CM. His big points haul come from loads of crosses and clean sheet bonuses, which would then dry up. Check out the prices of Goretzka, Martinez, Tolisso for the benchmark....

I think he’s a good hold for now but feels like a potential drop waiting to happen at £8+ as a slight change in playing style or position could send him plummeting. And that could follow a new manager if/when Kovac gets fired. Even just the arrival of Pavard to take over the RB slot and pushing Kimmich into a more central position is a risk.

Unpopular opinion, but too risky for me!

Yeah this is why I'm not on him - I've missed the boat and think its too risky now.

PB is extremely circumstantial for this kind of player. If everything stays as it is then he looks under-valued but it wouldn't take much for his scores to drop significantly.

I think it sometimes seems like a player will win PB every week when you aren't on them but the runs stop.

• @Mundek Ah true. I misread Neymar as being around 150p and Kimmich around 80 - roughly half. However, I think Neymar is slightly underperforming on total divs this season so far, so I’d expect him to normally return at least double that of Kimmich

• @playingcards1 he started as a centre mid, pep loved him there and wanted him at city. Pavard to bayern wouldnt stop kimmich playing right back. Pavard is a centre half played out of position by france. Alaba pavard sule kimmich isnt a bad defence! I wouldnt pay £8 now though, i think people sometimes think the best players are almost guaranteed to win pb every week which isnt possible. Love to see him in the prem one day

• If dividends do drive the platform and prices of the players ( like everybody talking about it .... ) so IMO he's UNDERVALUED compere to the others players above him ( with no PB or just )! If only MB have the concerted and mostly impact on growth in player price that PB should raise up...(because dont see the point investing in that kind of players). If player like Kimmich is not 'sexy enough' for MB but so far he is a top scorer on the PB list and returned 10% of his value so far so for sure something is wrong here or I'm wrong!
    All the speculation about - his position will change and Pavard will arrive - will happen nxt season so still, he will or he his the best option on the market to do that/to win PB week after week...Again someone will say is not possible to win each week but cmon when we talking about Neymar, Pogba, Salah then everything is OK/possible and then ppl talking that they are (top10) so expensive for the reason !! What reason I'm asking ??

• @NewUser77681 kimmich doesnt get as much pb when at right back its when he plays midfield but gets the clean sheat bonus for bein classed as a defender. So pavard coming isnt a problem its if and when he is reclassed as a midfielder his scores may drop

• @Black-wolf he should be reclassed as a midfielder if continues to play there. Makes a mockery of the system otherwise.

• @Hotspur he still wins it when in defence too. Opta will only chage his poition if he plays a over half of his games in another position. Any team that uses over lapping wing backs like man city and bayern’s defenders will always score higher its not making a mockery as its only of benefit on here if a clean sheet is kept and a wing back is still a defender after all. These types of players are covering huge amounts of ground i think its good that you can benefit from this its another thing that sets football index apart from traditional gambling

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.