Duvan Zapata

• The expected sell off of Duvan Zapata happened overnight and whilst I expected it and can see the short term profit involved I think they might have missed a trick.

I am guessing that the majority bought during the game waited until after his PB dividend was paid and then instant sold.

The ones who were the earliest to buy and first to sell may have made a tidy profit:

12p PB Dividend
    8p G & A
    20P -40P after instant sell spread and 2% commission

However he is leading scorer in Serie A and generating transfer rumours today with talk of Roma and Inter interested, with a goal or 2 in his next couple of games he may well rise again and traders could then probably have market sold at a much higher price.

I may be wrong but personally with a bit more patience a bigger profit could be made - look where Jovic's price is now after his early season goal blitz! Now I am not expecting Zapata to reach that level due to being older and with a more exposed playing history but could well be £3 in a short period of time.

• @Fletch

Ronaldo, Quagliarella and Zapata all on 14 goals, Piatek on 13 (should have been 14, had a goal go down as a OG that never was) then Immobile on 11. Immobile is not going to give up the Capocannoniere without a fight. He scored last night. Out of them Zapata is in the best current goal scoring form, but Ronaldo is so constant you know he'll keep plugging away with the goals. Really good Capocannoniere race this season, just need Icardi to join in.

• Quagliarella is a great short term hold for G & A, scored in 10 serie A matches in a row. His age is irrelevant if you're holding for 30 days and then just waiting to market sell after that when he next scores. Absolute bargain at under £1.20, 5 assists as well this season.

• @Fletch said in Duvan Zapata:

The expected sell off of Duvan Zapata happened overnight and whilst I expected it and can see the short term profit involved I think they might have missed a trick.

I am guessing that the majority bought during the game waited until after his PB dividend was paid and then instant sold.

The ones who were the earliest to buy and first to sell may have made a tidy profit:

12p PB Dividend
    8p G & A
    20P -40P after instant sell spread and 2% commission

However he is leading scorer in Serie A and generating transfer rumours today with talk of Roma and Inter interested, with a goal or 2 in his next couple of games he may well rise again and traders could then probably have market sold at a much higher price.

I may be wrong but personally with a bit more patience a bigger profit could be made - look where Jovic's price is now after his early season goal blitz! Now I am not expecting Zapata to reach that level due to being older and with a more exposed playing history but could well be £3 in a short period of time.

I suppose that some will have managed to get a 50% ROI on him yesterday and for them it's a great days work, but I'm holding for now, his goal record is spectacular and his top PB scores have been incredible for his price. The index loves a goalscorer, if he keeps his form up then his price will fly.

• So I saw this on the BBC website this morning:

"West Ham have had a 40m euros (£35.28m) bid rejected by Atalanta for Colombia international forward Duvan Zapata, 27. (Tuttosport, via Calciomercato)"

However on Transfermarkt, Zapata is listed as on loan to Atalanta and is actually a Sampdoria player. www.transfermarkt.co.uk/duvan-zapata/profil/spieler/73794

So how can Atalanta be refusing an offer for a player they dont own. Is this bullshit journalism at its best or have I got this wrong? The source is Italian as well so you would think they would be better informed.

• @TheSleepingGiant Atalanta paid 14m to Sampdoria for 2 year loan with an option to buy (12m) in 2020. Zapata is Atalanta player until 2020 and Sampdoria has no choice rather than accept 12m if Atalanta pay at the end of his loan deal.

• @Victory Good knowledge, thanks very much.

• @Victory his contract ends in 2020. so atalanta have to pay sampdoria 12m when he is a free agent???? unless that stated contract means the atalanta one not samps.

• @Finlay77 Loan contract @Atalanta ends in 2020; contract with Sampdoria ends in 2022. If Atalanta does not buy him in 2020, he will return to Sampdoria. If Atalanta buys @12m, Samp will have to accept.

• @Victory thought it might, just sounded a very strange deal. I find it weird that two year loans seem to be becoming quite popular but in the case of Zapata and especially jovic, its kind of biting the loaning club in the ass!

• He scored a winning goal, assisted another one and his price drop 11p after scoring! What is happening to him?

• the spreads almost as ridiculous as his form... near 40p on a £2.60 player...

think many think like i do and this crazy goalscoring run can't continue... if it does than why not £3-4 plus but maybe worth buying at a lower price 'IF' he stops scoring for a couple of games as he could certainly go the other way too... But i've been saying that for near x3 months now!!!

• @dannypea 17% Spread... FI you should be ashamed

• unpopular opinion I know but...

I personally dont care what the spread is, its a way for FI to make money and I'd much rather a few traders get burnt to keep the business stable and also contributing to an increase in divs down the line.

Yeah a few spreads are pretty ridiculous but either sell to market or dont buy in the first place.

• @Wilba But what could be the genuine reason ?

0_1549883769815_Screenshot_20190211-121422_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's like having a 340p spread on Neymar or Pogba

• @Andy-M I have no idea, I presume it was increased when he scored 4 the other day or whatever it was and his price flew up about 80p in a day.

The vast majority of the traders that bought that day were following the herd or trying to get the in play divs and FI might have increased the spread to reduce the volatility on the trade and FI might have just forgotten thats what happened. Im pretty sure these things are all done manually as there seems to be no consistency on the spreads at all - Agreed though, theres no reason it should be like that but the spread is the spread and if people are stupid enough to IS in that case then more fool them.

I'm personally not a fan of buying a player after hes scored and if you play that game you leave yourself open to be burnt in my opinion, Id much rather buy a goal scorer and then sell once they have scored or had a good game - similar to you buying Balotelli the other day in anticipation for a good performance and rise.

• @Andy-M I saw a statement on the forum a while back now to a similar question regarding spreads. Somebody said the coding on FI will automatically increase the spread the more instant selling that takes place on a player (as opposed to listing for Market Sell). I have no idea how true that statement is as there was no facts to back it up.

• @Wilba i understand FI make money on the spread and that's no problem to me.. but as an investor... do i buy Mason Mount at 2.61 a young English future star who if i sold tomorrow at no movement i would lose 8p or do i buy Zapata, who is on the very top of his game right now who if i sold tomorrow with no movement would lose 39p instantly???

Investing is as mush about risk assessing as it is tactically, statistically, and praying for some luck! I would seriously be concerned on his instant sell price when looking at others similarly priced!!

• @dannypea said in Duvan Zapata:

@Wilba i understand FI make money on the spread and that's no problem to me.. but as an investor... do i buy Mason Mount at 2.61 a young English future star who if i sold tomorrow at no movement i would lose 8p or do i buy Zapata, who is on the very top of his game right now who if i sold tomorrow with no movement would lose 39p instantly???

Investing is as mush about risk assessing as it is tactically, statistically, and praying for some luck! I would seriously be concerned on his instant sell price when looking at others similarly priced!!

I get what you are saying but to me its simple, just dont buy someone with a big spread if you have a short term view.

I held both Pogba and Ronaldo when their spread was huge due to their tumbling prices, in those instances the massive spread saved me a lot of money because it put people off selling so it can work both ways.

• @Wilba i'll be honest if i believe in a player.. like Ronaldo, Messi, Pogba etc.. i couldn't care less at the spread... But with Zapata it is slightly different.. Huge spread on an average player all be it in a great run of form (the form of his life even).... He's still a cheap gamble to me and in that Quagliarella, Belotti, Immobile category of goalscorers but using the old term "Class is permanent, form is temporary" The spread does put me off investing on a 'PB' only player should he fail to hit the net for a few weeks...

Think i read something like he had 1 goal in 15 games before astonishingly hitting 19 in his last 15...

If for arguments sake he dropped to sub £2 would his spread still be that huge???