Artem Dzyuba

• Reported Everton are interested in him. Would be a great signing for them? Had a good World Cup

• @Barkez_86

Play him up front with Tosun & start a new Merseyside donkey sanctuary; With Lookman, Richalison, Calvert-Lewin, Walcott just can't see it happening.

• Probably worth a punt at such a cheap price I guess

• Dzyuba is a cult hero for anyone who was on the Index pre-World Cup.

Originally a pump & dump laughing stock, he surprisingly found his way into Russia's World Cup Squad and then actually won some dividends in a World Cup match.

He looks very unnatural when running around a football pitch, but write him off at your peril. He's a decent target man.

• @Barkez_86 great signing for them? That's sarcasm right? A 30 year old lump of a striker with a 1 in 3 strike rate this season for one of the best Russian clubs in a poor league? He would be a horrendous signing.

Everton have a recent history of signing utter crap strikers, see Tosun, Sandro Ramirez, Niasse etc

• @Static No one buying him is buying with the intention of thinking he is a great striker, just looking to benefit from a potential transfer which would likely guarantee him hit at least 80p if it happened. As you said, Everton haven't bought well recently but they need a striker, Silva is under massive pressure and I'm sure he wants someone in, Niasse has left and Tosun' future has been uncertain for a while so I think this rumour is certainly plausible.

I think Marcel Brands, their director of football said that Everton wouldn't have much to spend this transfer window so Dzyuba could certainly be a possible short-term option for them, even if he is just a player they lump on in the second half when they're chasing victory.

• This post is deleted!

• @Static

Yes, on paper Dzyuba looks like a terrible (potential) signing for Everton. But it's a funny old world. You never know.

He can hold the ball up, win headers and a 1 in 3 goal ratio (albeit in a poor league) isn't bad for a target man.

I remember watch a young Peter Crouch thinking "this guy looks funny and can't play football". But he surprised a lot of people (me included) and went on to have a really good career in the Premier League.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.