Genoa vs AC Milan

• Werid time to kick off. Wonder how the market will react in play, we know what can happen with the early weekend kick offs 11.30/12.00, but this is a little different.

Any one know why the kick off is at this time? I heard something about the ultras and not enough police. Surely that can't be the main reason.

• @Misto public safety mate.

• 0 - 0 not very exciting. #Higuain #Piatek

• Paqueta has a lot of confidence, nearly scored twice , fantastic skill shown. He is going to be brilliant.

• Suso just scored I'm happy now.

• Milan in 4th spot, now I’m a Milan supporter watching for the champions league place!
    #paqueta holder.

• @Tom77 said in Genoa vs AC Milan:

Paqueta has a lot of confidence, nearly scored twice , fantastic skill shown. He is going to be brilliant.

A PB score of 42 though!

I agree that he's good to watch, but early impressions suggest his style of play is not going to suit the PB scoring system?

I hold so I hope I'm wrong!

• Suso will be good again once fully fit, I actually started a topic on him pre-match.

• @GarethG said in Genoa vs AC Milan:

@Tom77 said in Genoa vs AC Milan:

Paqueta has a lot of confidence, nearly scored twice , fantastic skill shown. He is going to be brilliant.

A PB score of 42 though!

I agree that he's good to watch, but early impressions suggest his style of play is not going to suit the PB scoring system?

It’s his full debut, I’m not bothered, mbappe has posted some dire PB scores like other players. He could easily have score 2 goals today, hit post and a great save on a debut.
    I hold this guy for long term not a few games.

A PB score of 42 though!

dont hold but hes one ill keep my eye on.. going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one as it sounds like he gave the ball away a lot resulting in the low score.

Im just not convinced about milan as a team and surely they wont let him leave until at least next year meaning he will potentially be held back for a little while

• @Wilba said in Genoa vs AC Milan:

@GarethG said in Genoa vs AC Milan:

A PB score of 42 though!

dont hold but hes one ill keep my eye on.. going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one as it sounds like he gave the ball away a lot resulting in the low score.

Im just not convinced about milan as a team and surely they wont let him leave until at least next year meaning he will potentially be held back for a little while

That's the problem with these types of players & the PB scoring system. I've watched the youtube clips & a few games he's been involved in & love his dribbling ability & how he goes past players. But that style of play (no matter how good you are) is going to lead to a loss of possession multiple times each game. The way PB is set up certainly doesn't seem to accurately reflect a players performance, but it is what it is I suppose.

Having said all that the Index has changed & new traders don't seem interested in PB scores so much. So if he's exciting to watch he should rise in value regardless 🤞

• @GarethG
    I had this exact point underlined for me by Adama Traore. He is obviously not even close to Paqueta’s level but he was/is a player who goes past people multiple times in a game. Problem is that beating players doesn’t get you any points and if you always try to beat players you will lose the ball often, and points as a consequence. I haven’t seen much of Paqueta and don’t hold him but it sounds like he’s in that category. Having said that, Ronaldo would also have been in that category at the start of his career. Let’s not forget we’re gambling!

• @Specksynder said in Genoa vs AC Milan:

@GarethG
    I had this exact point underlined for me by Adama Traore. He is obviously not even close to Paqueta’s level but he was/is a player who goes past people multiple times in a game. Problem is that beating players doesn’t get you any points and if you always try to beat players you will lose the ball often, and points as a consequence. I haven’t seen much of Paqueta and don’t hold him but it sounds like he’s in that category. Having said that, Ronaldo would also have been in that category at the start of his career. Let’s not forget we’re gambling!

Most people check out who scored, this is his profile from Brazil.

• Strengths
      Aerial Duels
      Very Strong
      Dribbling
      Strong
      Finishing
      Strong
      Long shots
      Strong
      Passing
      Strong
      Defensive contribution
      No weaknesses.

• @Tom77
    If you picked him up before he came over to Europe then you’re on a nice profit, regardless of his real life PB scores. I wasn’t knocking the guy as an investment, just addressing the specific point about real life vs FI PB returns . I missed the first boat in this guy, but I suspect there’s more growth

@Specksynder said in Genoa vs AC Milan:

@GarethG

• Strengths
      Aerial Duels
      Very Strong
      Dribbling
      Strong
      Finishing
      Strong
      Long shots
      Strong
      Passing
      Strong
      Defensive contribution
      No weaknesses.

Tom you're being way too defensive.

I was simply pointing out that early indications suggest that his style of play won't make him a regular PB contender. That's not to say he won't win a PB or rise in value. But we can only go off the early evidence available at this time. AC Milan won one of the easier fixtures they'll have & he scored a very low 42pts despite being on the pitch for 90 minutes & as you say....... playing rather well. If you deduct the 18pts win bonus he only amassed 24pts in 90 minutes playing in midfield!

• @GarethG 24 personal points is pretty low.

0_1548092668592_LjTrdfQ.jpg

@GarethG

• Strengths
      Aerial Duels
      Very Strong
      Dribbling
      Strong
      Finishing
      Strong
      Long shots
      Strong
      Passing
      Strong
      Defensive contribution
      No weaknesses.

I was simply pointing out that early indications suggest that his style of play won't make him a regular PB contender. That's not to say he won't win a PB or rise in value. But we can only go off the early evidence available at this time. AC Milan won one of the easier fixtures they'll have & he scored a very low 42pts despite being on the pitch for 90 minutes & as you say....... playing rather well. If you deduct the 18pts win bonus he only amassed 24pts in 90 minutes playing in midfield!

Bloody hell talk about dissecting a pb score after 1 game lol.
    We all have opinions lets just leave it at that.

• @Tom77 Very true. If we take say Rashford a darling of the index. 26th Dec 3 - 1 United win he played 90 minutes 70 points. One game doesn't mean much.

@GarethG said in Genoa vs AC Milan:

@GarethG

• Strengths
      Aerial Duels
      Very Strong
      Dribbling
      Strong
      Finishing
      Strong
      Long shots
      Strong
      Passing
      Strong
      Defensive contribution
      No weaknesses.

Bloody hell talk about dissecting a pb score after 1 game lol.
    We all have opinions lets just leave it at that.

Well before paying £4 plus a share for a player, I'd suggest it's worthwhile analysising his PB potential. Especially if he's playing in Serie A where his MB potential is virtually zero.

That's my opinion & as you say we'll leave it there.

• @Misto said in Genoa vs AC Milan:

@Tom77 Very true. If we take say Rashford a darling of the index. 26th Dec 3 - 1 United win he played 90 minutes 70 points. One game doesn't mean much.

Rashford plays for a club that attracts the most media appeal & he's English.

He's not the FI darling for his PB scores

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.