Players who's timing could be perfect for the share split

• I am guessing all the site maintenance is in preparation for the share split and would guess it is not to far away.

With that in mind there are some players whose timing could be perfect:

Both Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander Arnold are due back from injury within the next couple of fixtures which should them rising when they return and if it is just after the split both will look cheap compared to their previous highs.

Krzysztof Piatek missed Genoa's game today via suspension and has seen a drop off in price but with Higuaín coming to Chelsea Milan will be chasing him so will surly rise and with a 4 way split would be less than £1

Eden Hazard will be able to revert to his favoured position with the arrival of Higuaín and will surly start racking up bigger PB scores and add in Madrid transfer rumours will return to his previous price.

Luke Shaw once fit again will surly fly in this new style attacking United team and at currently not much over £2 will look a snip when around 60p

I have taken advantage of all these opportunities and see good short term profits to be had.

• @Fletch said in Players who's timing could be perfect for the share split:

I am guessing all the site maintenance is in preparation for the share split and would guess it is not to far away.

Not sure I follow that logic; they did the same last week about site maintenance & denied it was anything to do with the SS. Behind the scenes preparations may well be going on but to assume it's not far away is a bit premature IMO.

SS will definitely make some players look cheap but I'm still to be convinced that the bounce will be as big as many seem to be factoring in. I do agree with your logic on those players though & hold all but Shaw myself.

• @Fletch add mendy to that list. Theres a good few that havnt risen greatly in all the chaos due to injury but when they return and if its after the split they will be dirt cheap

• @Fletch if shaw became 60p would his price get to £1.20 post split? I think yes, therefore short and long term your ideas are the same as mine that ive been thinking for a while now. Almost every player will benefit in the next 12 months after a split. Players who are in good teams in pb leagues will suddenly look like pump and dumps if you ask me rather than peruvian forwards who play on jupiter. Hateboer muriel sargent, i think the index with the current huge growth is going to go mad

• @NewUser159387 the bounce will happen just like it did last time. Top ten will rise very quickly, the rest gradually. We had 200 players last time and maybe 90,000 users. This time we have mb, pb, g@a and a quarter of a million users. Its fly time

• What about a player like Rodrygo? Not too expensive but bags of potential once at Madrid? Would the split help players like this. Also thinking once at Madrid could fly?

• Kimmich
    Madness to sell him at this point and down 17p today.

Will fly at share split in my opinion

• @Finlay77

Whilst that is all true, growth will ultimately be driven by new users & new money, from both them & existing users. Ultimately I believe in the FI growth story just not that a SS will by magic create growth in & of itself, even though it will by definition make most players look cheaper.

• @NewUser159387

I am working on the fact that in the last 6 months site was not closed for maintenance once now we will have had 2 in just over a week and this one is for 6 hours prior to the busy weekend fixtures (not a quite Monday night). Therefore and I am guessing that they would not be doing it unless it was urgent and I see no later than the February international window for the share split.

However just like my annual Grand National selections I could be very very wrong!

• @Fletch

TBH I would love you to be right & get the whole damn SS thing out of the way & any deposit bonus as well, for that matter, then we can just get back to normal business without all the needless speculation & rumours.

• @Comrade he can't stay as a defender I don't think so mite loose value when altered to a mid.

• @NewUser159387 totally agree but people seeing sancho at 2.50, rash at 2.80, havertz around a quid, people will rush to buy. Neymar at a fiver also. Every player will end up doubling their post split prices eventually. Since ive been here Ive seen ramos go from 80p to £6, messi 1.25 to £15.90, tielemans who never won a dividend gone from 70p to £2.20. I had neymars at 4.35 each. I had salahs at 1.50 on ipo fridays. This with nowhere near the amount of users ready to buy like crazy. Its psychological yes, but im going by what ive seen before. In 9-12 months dividends will have to be raised and will go mad again. Pb was the raise last time. Good times ahead

• @Fletch note down general principle for the national mate 👍

• @Finlay77 said in Players who's timing could be perfect for the share split:

Good times ahead

Agree completely & very hopeful of the medium term growth potential but let's not get too excited just yet, I still remember the G&A debacle.

Never underestimate the ability of management (of any enterprise) to F**K things up in unexpected ways.

• @NewUser159387 said in Players who's timing could be perfect for the share split:

@Finlay77 said in Players who's timing could be perfect for the share split:

Good times ahead

Agree completely & very hopeful of the medium term growth potential but let's not get too excited just yet, I still remember the G&A debacle.

Never underestimate the ability of management (of any enterprise) to F**K things up in unexpected ways.

Why are people against the G&As? 🤔

I don't get it..... They didn't used to give you anything for G & A - now they give you money for 30 days.

Oh no! 😱

What's not to like?

• @CLACKETT he will stay a defender he doesnt play enough midfield to qualify for a change

• @Ericali

Not against it at all but remember the completely ham fisted way it was introduced & the backlash from users about rule changes etc.

Mike on twitter "For anyone currently speculating about the 'scheduled maintenance' planned for this week, it's just boring old under the bonnet stuff to keep things running smoothly. It is NOT a share split. We'll announce the share split well in advance."

Glad to see lessons were learned & communication on changes has & will be significantly better in the future.

• @NewUser159387 haha very true

• @NewUser159387 ok, so it was the lack of communication then rather than the actual G &As.

Because it seemed to me like people were complaining because they had woken up & someone had deposited £5 in their account & they were pissed off because someone hadn't told Mr X I was giving you a free £5.

A load of fuss over nothing if you ask me.

• @Ericali

The G&A dividends made forwards inherently more valuable without warning, so a lot of money immediately moved to them.

That money had to come from somewhere, and it came from defenders and midfielders. So people with defender heavy portfolios were understandably pissed off. There was still a lot of hyperbole. handwringing and knickers getting twisted, but there was a degree of legitimacy in the complaints.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.