Whom Am I?

• I’m a player who seems to get very little attention if any on the Forum. Yet my price has doubled in the last three months despite the fact I do not play in a league that qualifies for any form of dividend/G&A return. And at my current price I would still be well below a pound following a four times share split. Who on earth am I?

• @Le-Blanc Joao Felix

• @Le-Blanc Harry wilson

• @Misto said in Whom Am I?:

@Le-Blanc Joao Felix

Almost chose him too mate, but well under a pound wouldn't be very accurate

• @Le-Blanc jack clarke

• @Andy-M well that was fun wasn’t it! 🤦‍♀️ I had all my extra clues ready as you struggled through the data!! 😂😂

Quite correct. Anyway Point is a little surprised he doesn’t seem to get mentioned unless I’ve missed it?

• @Le-Blanc Harry Wilson it is.

• @Le-Blanc said in Whom Am I?:

@Andy-M well that was fun wasn’t it! 🤦‍♀️ I had all my extra clues ready as you struggled through the data!! 😂😂

Quite correct. Anyway Point is a little surprised he doesn’t seem to get mentioned unless I’ve missed it?

He does get mentioned but never enough to challenge for MB

• @Le-Blanc The counter-question is why would he get mentioned when he's not in a PB-eligible league and yet already costs over £3 ...

• @BL__FI said in Whom Am I?:

@Le-Blanc The counter-question is why would he get mentioned when he's not in a PB-eligible league and yet already costs over £3 ...

Indeed. This feels like an attempt to pump which is actually a great reminder to sell. The kid is nearly 22 and playing for Derby. In what world is he a good buy?

You can get Europa and even Champions League level strikers for less than £3.

• @BL__FI i guess the name of this topic should be ... why the hell does Harry Wilson cost £3:50 🤣🤣

• No no no I am a pump free zone I assure you. Yes you are right it could be why does HW cost that much. Indeed let’s us that question. From my point of view the face that he’s risen from around 1.60 to 3.10 suggests there are plenty who believe he is worth investing in.

So....okay....why does Harry Wilson cost 3.10?

• Because a lot of traders have seen young British players like Sancho rise massively, and players like Maddison behind him. They assume that young & British is sufficient for massive rises, so the money flows into more sketchy prospects. That’s now reached the Championship where any 18yo with a pulse and reserve team sub appearance is getting investment. There’s also definitely a hint of people investing in their own teams; lots of (eg.) Leeds fans pumping money into Leeds prospects.

Meanwhile some genuine prospects overseas are lingering in the under £1 category, which rather reinforces the analysis that these are bubbles...!

• @Le-Blanc said in Whom Am I?:

No no no I am a pump free zone I assure you. Yes you are right it could be why does HW cost that much. Indeed let’s us that question. From my point of view the face that he’s risen from around 1.60 to 3.10 suggests there are plenty who believe he is worth investing in.

So....okay....why does Harry Wilson cost 3.10?

310p my bad, people started piling money into him when he scored that wonder free kick against Manchester United, then there was speculation of a return from his loan, plus he's British, next Gareth Bale maybe 😉 but it's stupid because there is so much money to be made and people are tied up with championship players that are miles off 1st team in parent club.

• @playingcards1 yes I tend to agree with you. Brings me back to a point I mentioned once before which is that for better or for worse to a certain extent we are all betting on the predicted behaviors of others on the index as opposed to the reality of footballing excellence or otherwise.

• @Andy-M yep you’re right. I am currently in the process of getting rid of a number of players in the red some of whom I have held on to no doubt out of pure stubbornness in an attempt to prove myself right! I certainly am moving away from the potential wonders of the future to more realistic money- making targets.

• @Le-Blanc

That’s very true. And to be fair, I was saying exactly this* about Nelson, Foden, Sancho a year ago - so there’s definitely some hypocrisy in my dismissing players like Harper and Wilson as no hopers.

*“It’s all about predicting the behaviour of other traders! That’s where the real money is made. And everyone loves a wonderkid.”

• When it gets to the business end of the season in European competition all these wonder kids are going to drop like a stone and newbie traders are going wonder what the fuck is going on. My prediction.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.