Instant sell or go to market

• I’ve noticed there are two choices in when it comes to selling players, which is best?

• Q- What's the difference between instant sell and sell to market?
    A- Instant sell means FI will buy your share(s) back for the price there. Not always the best value, but your best bet if the price is dropping fast. Sell to market is where you put your player up for sale. It'll be in a queue and, if others buy him for the price you've set, yours will be sold. Each of these is subject to commission of c.2%, which is paid after the sale

Have a read here: https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/5017/all-things-football-index

• @Misto Great work on the Q&A mate, but I wonder if the market sell bit should be reworded - "buy him for the price you've set" sort of makes it sound like people can choose what price to buy at. To clarify - you can only ever buy at the current "buy price", the reserve price just means your shares in the queue won't sell if the buy price drops below that (but it doesn't seem to work properly anyway).

• @BL__FI Yep I agree, that could cause confusion. I'll get that changed.

• depends on your needs??? instant sell is perfect if you need to sell quick.. but you get a reduced rate per future depending on a players spread... market sell is perfect if you need the best price for your future(s)... but you might have to wait a couple of days for your asset to go at the highest price you can get?

Personally i've never successfully ever sold anyone through a market sell but don't let that put you off as thousands of others have... But i only sell to buy... so i will always instant sell to put my money into something else and sometimes you need to do this quickly to get the best buying price? Which is often overlooked for getting the best selling price!!!

• @BL__FI

Q- What's the difference between instant sell and sell to market?
    A- Instant sell means FI will buy your share(s) back for the price there. Not always the best value, but your best bet if the price is dropping fast. Sell to market is where you put your player up for sale. It'll be in a queue and, if others buy him it will be for the current buy price of the share. You may set a reserve price, The reserve price must be lower than current buy price of the share. If the price goes below the reserve price your sale order be automatically canceled. As of rigth now this doesn't alway work the way it should and your player may sell below the set reserve price, however FI have been fair in refunding the different in the rare cases this happens. Each of these is subject to commission of c.2%, which is paid after the sale.

That look better?

• @Misto Looks great! That whole thread will be a big help to many I'm sure!

• I think market sell works best when a player is on the rise and you are trying to calculate your best price ie. where he will peak. If say, you think he will peak at £5 then maybe sell at £4.90 before his expected drop in your eyes. Doesn't always work and FOMO takes over if he is spiking.

• Thanks for all the advice, I only asked as the sell price is always considerably lower even though my player has gone up on the market

• @BL__FI Yeah that reserve thing didnt work for me. Someone still sold for less than the reserve price, pointless. Made decision in future not to set this, and just keep an eye on current price instead.

Its like anything these days isn't it, you pay for the convenience, that being getting rid QUICK but costs you in losses. I don't like it, but that is the world we live in.

@Noony17 I am new and one thing that surprised me was how its not so easy to sel lto market, being you can be stuck with a player in decline for some time. Naturally if hes on the way down people less likely to buy, so makes sense but is fustrating. Advice I got from other posts is sometimes its better to hold on and wait for the inevitable bounce back (E.g Kane post injury - come March his price will be on the rise again).

@dannypea Very very true regards to best buy price vs best sell price. Taking a greater loss on a player by quick selling can allow you to get on the next trending player early enough to get the best rise possible! Very good point that is easy for people to overlook for sure!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.