Mbappe- FI Super hero 🎯or Super flop?

• As Mbappe sails past the £15.37 mark it’s worth opening the discussion on what makes a good FI prospect. I’m choosing to use Mbappe, but this could be about any number of players that newcomers are piling into.
    Mbappe is arguably the best young footballer in world football today. He’s a World Cup winner and can score a hattrick without breaking a sweat. But does that make him a profitable hold? Newcomers to FI this month will be heaping their money on him in the thousands. But a word of caution: he may NOT to be a great FI hold. 😳I’m sure Mbappe holders will be hissing at the screen right now, 🤬but let’s take a look at his dividend returns this season....0.23p. 🤨 He’s playing some the best football of life and he’s returning the same amount as a £3 player. Sure, if Neymar moves away he may get higher PB scores, but this season he has only won PB once- and that was for a mid 200 score and he had to score 4 goals. For me that is alarming. The other night he scores a hattrick, so did Cavani, and both missed out to Neymar who scored 2 goals. My point is, the way the PB scoring metric is composed, it just doesn’t suit his game. He can make an explosive run through the heart of team, beat 5 players in a show of extraordinary skill, and after nutmegging 3 defenders he finally gets tackled and recieves -3 points- for losing the ball. Crazy. Whilst another who just taps back and forth racks up the points. Rashford is a similar player in that mould, but he’s also earns MB, so is less dependant on PB.
    Maybe one day Mbappe will have a game more suited to PB. Perhaps he will take penalties and freekicks, tap it around and do all the things that make a PB monster. He may even move to the prem and be a MB juggernaut. But at the moment he is not that man. So my fear is a lot of newbies who don’t understand that dividends drive a players value could lose money, because at some point if he keeps on going this way in regard to dividend returns- there could be a sting the tail. Or at least a very long plateau. And that goes for many, many over inflated players on the index. Food for thought. Now I’ve poured dynamite on the campfire, let the debate commence!🔥

• An excellent post that will upset many

• @Valhalla

Can’t dispute this too much! Good post.

• @GarethG said in Mbappe- FI Super hero 🎯or Super flop? 🤦🏾‍♂️:

An excellent post that will upset many

I’m counting on it 😄 We all get very protective over our holds. To say their player is no good is like momma cussin’

• @Valhalla said in Mbappe- FI Super hero 🎯or Super flop? 🤦🏾‍♂️:

@GarethG said in Mbappe- FI Super hero 🎯or Super flop? 🤦🏾‍♂️:

An excellent post that will upset many

I’m counting on it 😄 We all get very protective over our holds. To say their player is no good is like momma cussin’

I hold Mbappe & it hasn't upset me, because I completely agree with what's written. I'm just following the masses at present, until traders start buying a little more logically again.

When I first joined FI Mbappe was around £4 & in my eyes, overpriced back then, for exactly the reasons you've posted above. He's since won a world cup but nothings really changed, because he's still got to get past Neymar for PB & as you've quite rightly stated, he's not exactly an MB magnet.

• @GarethG you talk sense. Whilst newbies keep coming in and bumping his price up, one might argue he is technically a good hold, because he is going up in value. But that won’t happen forever. Eventually the lack of dividends will become the elephant in the room 🐘

• Who am I?

I'm 25 years old & just coming into the prime of my career.
    I'm undoubtedly the best player & most talked about player at my club.
    I regularly feature in the Champions League
    I'm widely regarded as one of the best strikers in the world.
    I'm a regular dividend winner on FI
    I'm the captain of both my club & country.
    I've won the Premier League Golden Boot in 2 of the last 3 season's
    I won the Golden Boot at the last WC
    I'm regularly linked with a move to one of Europe's elite teams.

Maybe when I achieve something similar to the likes of Jadon Sancho I'll be as expensive on FI

Disclaimer - I own shares in Sancho & think he's a fantastic prospect.

• @GarethG I know it’s crazy. Not just Kane. Firmino is 27, locked in at Liverpool, has 0.46p dividends this season and is only £4 something. There are disparities all over the Index. 😏

• @Valhalla said in Mbappe- FI Super hero 🎯or Super flop?:

@GarethG I know it’s crazy. Not just Kane. Firmino is 27, locked in at Liverpool, has 0.46p dividends this season and is only £4 something. There are disparities all over the Index. 😏

I agree that Firmino's underpriced, but I've always thought that his price was held back by Salah. That's why Mbappe's price really does baffle me, well both of us by the sound of it.

• @Valhalla only thing I'll point out with your comparison from the 9 - 0. Neymar got 2 goals not one and he also has the game winning goal. Rest of what you said is correct. Good post.

• @Misto said in Mbappe- FI Super hero 🎯or Super flop?:

@Valhalla only thing I'll point out with your comparison from the 9 - 0. Neymar got 2 goals not one and he also has the game winning goal. Rest of what you said is correct. Good post.

Exactly and GWG is like an extra goal, so as good as the other hat tricks.

• Its worth noting that neymar is currently injured, and might miss the next 2-3 weeks, so could be interesting to see his PB scores over the next few games

• @Andy-M And also Neymar robbed Mbappe of the GWG when he scored 4 goals (and potential 299 points instead of 259).
    He is not scoring consistent PB scores like Neymar but he is scoring goals and making assists and just turned 20 . But yes people are buying into potential...but will he evolve into a PB juggernaut like Ronaldo or Messi is still to be seen. One thing for sure is at 20 he is way ahead of curve and ahead of the juggernauts mentioned.

• Neymar is out for a while - may need another op on the same ankle as previous. Mbappe holders should profit.

• @Parvez112333 said in Mbappe- FI Super hero 🎯or Super flop?:

@Andy-M And also Neymar robbed Mbappe of the GWG when he scored 4 goals (and potential 299 points instead of 259).
    He is not scoring consistent PB scores like Neymar but he is scoring goals and making assists and just turned 20 . But yes people are buying into potential...but will he evolve into a PB juggernaut like Ronaldo or Messi is still to be seen. One thing for sure is at 20 he is way ahead of curve and ahead of the juggernauts mentioned.

That’s pretty debatable, how many goals and assist would 20 year old messi and ronaldo get in the french league playing at PSG.
    Mbappe is a great talent but ronaldo and Messi are once in few decade footballers.

• @Parvez112333 said in Mbappe- FI Super hero 🎯or Super flop?:

@Andy-M And also Neymar robbed Mbappe of the GWG when he scored 4 goals (and potential 299 points instead of 259).

Haha you just wrote virtually the same as i wrote the night he scored those 4 goals, because all the idiots were telling me i was stupid investing, like a newbie does i listened and sold in panic, that was like £5 a share lost for me 😫

• @Tom77 I think Mbappe is way ahead of the curve, even if we try to acount in the playing in Ligue 1 factor. Ronaldo kept developing after he left United at 23? so why can't Mbappe.

(Same age stats from Sept18)
    Mbappe:

Club goals - 52

Champions League goals - 10

International goals - 9

Ronaldo:

Club goals - 17

Champions League goals - 0

International goals - 7

Messi:

Club goals - 25

Champions League goals - 2

International goals - 4

• Let's not forget, his 3 goals the other day got me 6p a share in g&a (I only just bought in to him that day) so all the newbies ploughing into Mbappe are likely to see dividends from that aspect. This will only make him even more attractive as an initial purchase, thus his price moves up as more people buy into him and get the initial sweetener of a few IP divs. Once the 30 days is up, I'm selling but most will hold because his price has shot up so much

• Neymar is out injured now too, not sure if this has been mentioned above. Mbappe is a long term hold for me.

• @Valhalla some interesting points raised, and some very valid evidence but can't help but think it's a little short sighted. He's 20,won the world Cup and is the second most expensive player in the world so I can see why there is high expectation for immediate returns. For me, I bought into Mbappe as a long term hold. Its a 3 year bet. If he moves on he'll be one of the hottest topics for transfer rumours, and will inevitably be linked to both Manchester clubs which will push his price higher and provide high MB scores. He's consistently going to score loads of goals like Kane to get higher PB scores, and he's going to learn to use the media like Neymar and Pogba in time to get higher MB scores but remember he's only been on the scene a couple of years. £0 - £15 in 3 years is a great return for those who jumped on early doors, and I have no doubt he'll return to £15 after the share split meaning I get a 4x return on my investment.

Saw the comments on Kane above too, he's bashed out 30 goals a season for the last few years, won golden boot at the world Cup and his price doesn't budge. Players prices are what they are for a reason. I don't hold Kane so I am biased, but considering he's not risen in 12 months, maybe that's an indication that the majority of the 250,000 users on here think he's reached the right value for him already. Certainly for now anyway.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.