2% commission

• Hi everyone, I’m struggling to work out how much the 2% commission equates to when i’m selling players and i’m really worried that i’m losing money as a result.

Anyone know of any handy gadgets that could help me?

• 0_1548369349201_714z-ywpDjL.SL1500.jpg

• @ocs123 multiple the total sell value of all your players by 0.98.

So, lets say you're selling 100 shares at £1 each.

£100 x 0.98 = £2 commission.

• You are going to need one of these to run the through all that heavy computation

0_1548369768332_tianhe-2_milkyway-2_national_super_computing_center_in_guangzhou_professor_yutong_lu_1200x800-100762103-orig.jpg

• @ocs123 said in 2% commission:

Hi everyone, I’m struggling to work out how much the 2% commission equates to when i’m selling players and i’m really worried that i’m losing money as a result.

Knock 2 zeroes off and double it.

So 4 quid player (400p). Knock two zeroes off and you have 4p . Double it and you have 8p. And that's your commission.

• Think there's a couple if whooshes here.

• You also lose £1 for every 100 shares you sell on top of the commission

• @mike778 said in 2% commission:

@ocs123 said in 2% commission:

Hi everyone, I’m struggling to work out how much the 2% commission equates to when i’m selling players and i’m really worried that i’m losing money as a result.

Knock 2 zeroes off and double it.

So 4 quid player (400p). Knock two zeroes off and you have 4p . Double it and you have 8p. And that's your commission.

But what if my player is £3.99 and he doesn't have 2 zeroes? Do I have to hope he hits £4.00 before I can sell?

This is so confusing! Surely there is an app for this.

• @LukeMalla 100 x 0.98 is 98 lol

• @Advinculas-Index said in 2% commission:

You also lose £1 for every 100 shares you sell on top of the commission

Really? So its in effect 3% commission then? I only see 2% being taken though... does £1 just disappear when you reach each 100th share then? (luckily I'm not much of a seller)

• @kristiang85 said in 2% commission:

@Advinculas-Index said in 2% commission:

Really? So its in effect 3% commission then? I only see 2% being taken though... does £1 just disappear when you reach each 100th share then? (luckily I'm not much of a seller)

D'oh, obviously £1 is not 1% as it depends on price - but my question still stands, do they take £1 out each time you hit 100 futures sold?

• @kristiang85 It's a rule of thumb, not a set thing that happens. Everytime I buy and sell in 100s I see the price move a penny. However the question has been asked at a traders meet and there is more factors and it's not always 1p per 100 shares apparently.

• @Misto said in 2% commission:

@kristiang85 It's a rule of thumb, not a set thing that happens. Everytime I buy and sell in 100s I see the price move a penny. However the question has been asked at a traders meet and there is more factors and it's not always 1p per 100 shares apparently.

Ah I get you. Thanks :)

• @NewUser237880 I know that.

I fully expected anyone would be able to do 100-98=2 without me typing that portion of the maths out.

Apparently not [facepalm]

• @kristiang85 said in 2% commission:

@kristiang85 said in 2% commission:

D'oh, obviously £1 is not 1% as it depends on price - but my question still stands, do they take £1 out each time you hit 100 futures sold?

It’s worth remembering that the price you see is actually what it is costing someone to buy at this moment. That money isn’t actually “locked” into the platform yet. Listing to market is essentially a reduction in demand which drops the buy price down a notch.

• @playingcards1 said in 2% commission:

It’s worth remembering that the price you see is actually what it is costing someone to buy at this moment. That money isn’t actually “locked” into the platform yet. Listing to market is essentially a reduction in demand which drops the buy price down a notch.

Well it depends how much you put on - if you only put 10 shares down, you likely won't make a difference. If you're selling as a player is growing, then you could well get more back than the price you sell at.

• @kristiang85

Sure but your question above referred to 100 futures.

• @playingcards1 Well that was because I misunderstood the previous point :)

• @LukeMalla said in 2% commission:

@NewUser237880 I know that.

I fully expected anyone would be able to do 100-98=2 without me typing that portion of the maths out.

Apparently not [facepalm]

You suggesting Im not able? I just corrected your mistake/typo whatever you want to call it haha. But OP clearly stuggled with the concept so if you're assuming he will figure out the rest of the calculation, you might as well not post.

Putting 100 x 0.02 would have taken the same amount of effort as 100 x 0.98 so why do it wrong lol, of course you can say oh I expected anyone would be able to do 100-98 but that's not what OP asked.

Let's stick to answering questions. Not throwing assumptions and expectations of others knowledge.

• @NewUser237880 Joke thread anyway. @ocs123 doesn't need any help.

Everyone has their own way of working out commission. Some 100 x 0.02, some 100 x 098 - 100, some take 1% in there head and double it, some eye ball they have enough profit to sell their shares and still be up after commission and some used this great app I found, not only does it work out commission it also saves you money.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.