Prem No 1?

• Would people say that players who play in or move to the premier lge are more valuable on the whole because of the crazy media point of view over here???barring the exceptions neymar Messi mybappe..

• @Lakester it’s a good question, and my gut says yes PL players are more valuable. Take Rashford for example, he’s flying at double the price of most young strikers in the Bundesliga. I can’t imagine media in Germany report on Sane in the same way we report on Sancho.
    That being said, the MB points are generated through Uk media mainly so it will be skewed. If FI open up to other countries and include international newspapers then I’d expect to see prices even out.

• I think we have more of an invested interest in our own and probably a better knowledge of what happens on these shores and that goes for us, the media, those who talk and write about the game so being an English based platform FI will always attract more investment towards English based players.. Think Rabbi Motondo for example...

Our knowledge does extend to the 'best' in the world hence Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe... sure to do well.. but below that list those that would walk in any other Premier League team.. Those that play for Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus... They seem to be less than those that play for United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc 'but' that's not to say they are less value.. as in many ways they offer better value for money with the PB opportunities the same.. by foreign players being linked with English clubs this allows them to grow and create media buzz too.. so you either go with what you know for capital appreciation or look for value elsewhere and get the same results all be it slightly slower but for slightly cheaper prices??

• @GregF said in Prem No 1?:

@Lakester it’s a good question, and my gut says yes PL players are more valuable. Take Rashford for example, he’s flying at double the price of most young strikers in the Bundesliga. I can’t imagine media in Germany report on Sane in the same way we report on Sancho.
    That being said, the MB points are generated through Uk media mainly so it will be skewed. If FI open up to other countries and include international newspapers then I’d expect to see prices even out.

If that happened, the biggest stars would clean up and would be even more skewed imo. Neymar/Messi/Pogba/Salah and who ever is right up there would just dominate media worldwide, it makes sense.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.