Goalkeepers after share split

• Hi guys, what are we expecting to happen to clean sheet bonus after share split? Will this go less than 1p. Just a thought as could be value in GK’s if they don’t move this

• @Smilayo Well no one knows of course, but it seems unlikely that they won't reduce in-play dividends at all when shares are split. Playing devil's advocate however, IF they don't split in-play dividends in line with shares, I'd imagine it would be strikers who would look attractive rather than goalkeepers. For example, with the 2p goal dividend, around a max of £1.30-1.50 seems to be the limit for whether it is worthwhile buying a striker with purely G+A in mind. As I say, it's a huge if, but IF, that 2p per goal remained but we divide today's prices by 4, suddenly under that 1.40 barrier are players like Jovic, Aguero and Aubameyang. I could see money flooding into them under those circumstances, more so than 15p keepers. But in any case, I don't think it's very likely unfortunately.

• @BL__FI as they've only rolled out in play dividends recently, I can see them not changing. It's their hook for short term punters. However, I can see spreads rising a bit to combat that.

• Think they'll look to make in-play dividends 'better value' post share split because of the volatility it causes and the extra commission it gets them. Wouldn't surprise me if the share split is by four and in-play dividends by two, would also like to see a penalty save bonus for keepers.

• @NewUser82416 said in Goalkeepers after share split:

Think they'll look to make in-play dividends 'better value' post share split because of the volatility it causes and the extra commission it gets them. Wouldn't surprise me if the share split is by four and in-play dividends by two, would also like to see a penalty save bonus for keepers.

This is my prediction too (apart from the penalty save idea, but I like that!).

• Have decided to top up on Thibaut Courtois - he qualifies for 6 games g&a if bought today and would only need one clean sheet to cover the 2% comms to sell. Any more is a bonus. I have a feeling that in the short- mid term FI will do something to increase their value as keepers are pretty much back to pre g&a dividends prices in the most part.

• @NewUser82416 said in Goalkeepers after share split:

Think they'll look to make in-play dividends 'better value' post share split because of the volatility it causes and the extra commission it gets them. Wouldn't surprise me if the share split is by four and in-play dividends by two, would also like to see a penalty save bonus for keepers.

Would be a brave move given the contraversy they caused when they came in.

Would probably be a big backlash if they doubled inplay but not changed mb and pb given people are crying out for mb and pb increases. More complaints of it going against what FI is about.

See this as very unlikely unless it's part of an overall rise in divs.

• @mike778 I think a lot of people were seeing no value in goalkeepers before the g&a and the intention of adding the clean sheet bonus was to bring up the keepers value. Unfortunately for FI the move only had a short term spike. Long term I would say it doesn't make sense to have some of the best players in the world as worthless shares.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.