My portfolio is up 17.11%

• That rise is over the last 7 days taking my profit up by £212 in a week......
    Some massive money being pumped in by a lot of people

• What players you got?

• 17% in a week is insane growth but to me would say you have all your eggs too few baskets. Whilst the growth is great it could come back to bite you when things aren’t as good. Believe it or not, it isn’t all rises and there will be bumps in the road

Depending on your strategy diversification will spread the risk and insure you from huge swings that can bite you

• @Wilba think I might have a similar problem. 7.5% growth in my first week but I only have 4 players. Think because I've only invested £200 so far I've tried to get a decent start.

I've got

17 X Jesus
    5 X Rashford
    10 X Jovic
    6 X Ighalo

Bit of a gamblers portfolio perhaps?

• @Azer182 I cant see you going far wrong with those players. Maybe Rashford has peaked for the minute but you only have 5.

• @Wilba I have future's in 7 players so quite spread out

Salah
    Pogba
    Sterling
    Messi
    Neymar
    Kimmich
    Muriel

• @Mark.M said in My portfolio is up 17.11%:

@Wilba I have future's in 7 players so quite spread out

Salah
    Pogba
    Sterling
    Messi
    Neymar
    Kimmich
    Muriel

All good players and I hold them all, you have benefited from a boom in the top of the market, when this cycle ends money might move from the top into another area, maybe PB players? Maybe defenders? Who knows, if this happens you leave yourself exposed.

I have 35 players at the moment covering all kind of eventualities meaning a couple of injuries or loss of form don’t effect my profits too much, all depends what your strategy is. I don’t make as much money as some people but feel I have a risk averse strategy. Big don who you’ll find on twitter has over 1000 players so there’s no right or wrong way to play the game

• @Mark.M said in My portfolio is up 17.11%:

@Wilba I have future's in 7 players so quite spread out

Salah
    Pogba
    Sterling
    Messi
    Neymar
    Kimmich
    Muriel

Salah and neymar have both raised about 5% in the past week, pogba about 11%, Messi less than 1%, Sterling and kimmich are slightly in the red, I was very confused until I saw Muriel has risen like 47%.

If you had an equal investment in each of those players players your overall growth would be around 10%. So you must have invested a bit more in Muriel to bring it up to 17%. What gave you the confidence to invest in him over your other probably safer players? (I don't know what caused his recent rise)

Or is my maths wrong?

• Congrats!

Long may it continue.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.