Varane??

• What do people think about investing in him?world class defender still only 25 yrs Madrid always be in champs lge going for big trophies.Not great MB but maybe one day could come to the prem and only costs £1.69 a share considering VVD is nearly £5 but ovo went up abit thru his big transfer..

• @Lakester

I'd say he's more likely to go back to France if he ever leaves Spain.

Madrid will keep him until he's too old I would think.

• @Lakester said in Varane??:

What do people think about investing in him?world class defender still only 25 yrs Madrid always be in champs lge going for big trophies.Not great MB but maybe one day could come to the prem and only costs £1.69 a share considering VVD is nearly £5 but ovo went up abit thru his big transfer..

He’s a good option for latter stages of champions league. Regular clean sheets so then it’s a crapshoot with Ramos, Marcelo, Carvajal for the DEF PB. If one of them scores it’s probably PB wrapped up.

• I think longer term he's the natural predecessor to Ramos and over the next 5-6 years he might come in to his own as one of the great defenders for club and country.. Now though he's second fiddle and probably 2nd or 3rd best bet for a Real Madrid PB and in a defence that concedes goal after goal i don't see him winning that much (especially when Ramos scores so many at the other end)? He probably won't leave either.. which means no MB and lack of both buzzes will stunt growth... I held Gerard Pique in the early days wondering why he was so lowly priced for a player of his ability... but a settled centre half at a club that concede goals is not one for me!!!

He's hit over 2.25 before though and i'm sure in time he can reach that and more again... he just doesn't excite me as much as many others do!!

• If you're planning to invest in him, he's definitely a long term hold. He is contracted until June 2022 and I'm sure Real Madrid see him as the Ramos replacement, however it wouldn't surprise me if PSG or Man City came sniffing as a Thiago Silva / Vincent Kompany replacement etc either this summer or next summer.

Real Madrid will always make it far in the Champions League as well so he is always a contender for PB on that front and should transfer speculation arise over the next couple of years it will be for an astronomical fee!

• If he is 1.70 then if we get a 4 way split he is 43p. With new users every day adding to the 250000 we already seem to have, over the next 6-9 months leading up to an inevitable dividend raise could he double your money if you believe he hits 86p? I think so without even winning any pb. One i will be getting post split

• Odriozola keeps getting good reviews and he is only £1.20, he signed from Sociedad for over 20 million last summer, he is an attacking fullback. Yes he has Carvajal in front but he is next in line.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.