Danny Wellbeck

• At 89p would people consider Wellbeck a decent medium term investment?

After recovering from injury he is likely to move in the summer, possibly to a club that he will get game time.

So with the transfer talk and possible increase in game time it could cause a price rise at the start of next season.

I’ve only gone for 10 futures but wondered other people’s thoughts

• Good one to think about. I have no shares. Surely he will only be back up to whoever he goes to ? No one will trust him to stay fit. But yes MB for sure, but have to be quick to sell at the right time for that to work out. If he stays London maybe Westham, Fulham (if they stay up). I think he'd suit Newcastle.

• How long is he out for??? Not one I would usually touch due to his injury record but he's got to get a move or be linked with a move for his price to go up so if he is touted in the summer he might become interesting come March or April? But investing in him now for me would be dead money!!!

• In theory he could move in the summer, although not sure he'll be injury free by then. He certainly won't be match fit, and would struggle with medicals for any transfer I imagine. Personally I can't see any growth between now and the summer, and with his contract running out its likely he'll be without a club too.
    I think he's one to keep an eye on, but could be better options to bolster your cash before buying in in my opinion.

• @Westy would do me.

• I'm partial to buying an injured player and waiting for the rise but Welbeck is a bit of a risky one. Injured and out of contract at the end of the season is a bad combination. A little too much unknown here for me to get involved.

• You are sure to make 10-15% on him by the time he recovers and starts getting linked with new clubs - Can't see much growth beyond that - he's never been prolific enough to grow on here and at his age/fitness record his next injury could finish him at PB league level (if this one hasn't already).

• Good to see other people’s feedback..

Was considering getting a few ‘injured’ somewhat forgotten players to hopefully make some gains on once they return.

But yeah maybe not the constantly injured! Like Carroll / Struridge and obviously Welbeck!

Oh and as a Newcastle fan I would be happy to have him at the club!

• he was playing like a beast til the injury, so good signing if someone can get him fixed up.

• There will be some hype and a value spike when he returns but i'd recommend getting out at that point as he will most likely fade away after that.

• @AdyH Aye he's better than owt we've got and most of them are injured half the time anyway. Hope our new signing Santiago Munez hits the ground running, would've been great if we'd sneaked in Tielemans as well though.

• @Westy said in Danny Wellbeck:

But yes MB for sure??? How? You'll get no MB on an 89p player!!!

• @AdyH You could invest in Calum Chambers, quite cheap at 84p.

• One I’ve had a speculative punt on is Patrick Bamford At Leeds who has been out for most of the season apart from 1 game which he scored in in December.
    He is due back soon according to news items so I think he will rise from his current price of £1.07

• Depends if your quick enough to sell the during the next game before he comes off injured again?

• When he is 100%fit he will be a good g@a player

• @Tom77 how long Have we got to wait until he's 100% fit? Has he ever been?

• @Westy said in Danny Wellbeck:

Good one to think about. I have no shares. Surely he will only be back up to whoever he goes to ? No one will trust him to stay fit. But yes MB for sure, but have to be quick to sell at the right time for that to work out. If he stays London maybe Westham, Fulham (if they stay up). I think he'd suit Newcastle.

Palace

• @Dan-w said in Danny Wellbeck:

@Tom77 how long Have we got to wait until he's 100% fit? Has he ever been?

Maybe when he came out of the womb, 85% wellbeck could do a few goals I’m sure.

• Based on the comments above I sold the Welbeck futures.

I have a very small investment (currently £50) whilst I figure out the platform so don’t want any dead money.

The money I got back I put on Rafael Leao and within a couple days hit 10% Increase, so sold and purchased Krzysztof Piatek, currently sitting at 5% increase.

As I’m still new this is my current strategy, 10% return then move on, will hopefully allow me to gain experience whilst slowly build portfolio value.

The plan is still to get Welbeck before summer as I can see a profit in him!