Premier League Thread

• Premier League Thread

0_1549458201095_PL.png

• Thought I’d get the ball rolling in here

Question - prospects from Championship that will make it big in the Premier League via either Promotion or a move to a top flight club?

• i think Leeds & Derby have the pick of the bunch should they go up or not.. Leeds with Kemar Roofe, Kalvin Phillips & Jack Clarke especially.. Derby have Harry Wilson & Mason Mount on loan whilst Tom Lawrence & Jack Marriott could play a step above...

Plenty of players in the Championship who 'can' make the EPL grade but it's whether they get the chance by going up or getting a move? Of all clubs though i expect Leeds could comfortably reach mid table in the Premier League next season whilst i question if anyone else in the second tier could finish too far from the bottom three in the top league without investment?

• Grealish seems to have gone quiet

Is he still destined to be in the PL next season? (with or without Villa....)

• @Chris-J grealish just back from an injury so may make the bench this Friday, even though he did sign a new contract a few months back, I can’t see him being at villa next season, if he can keep injury free, and the way villa are playing they’ve no hopes of the playoffs this season so he’ll be off to the premiership over the summer.

• Don't understand the trend with Jesus. Was about 50p per share up on him for the first couple of weeks but now I'm close to breaking even. His goal last night made no impact

• Expect Derby to bottle it as usual. Wouldn't surprise me if Leeds did anarl. Norwich and West Brom for me.

Don't fancy Roofe at all.

Jarrod Bowen has got it imo.

Eberechi Eze at the dramas is an unbelievable dribbler. Could be a player.

• @Azer182 The only impact that goal had was snatching the dividends from Sterling and causing a slight drop on Sterling's price 🤦🏻‍♂️

• I have Jesus down as my next big investment but he just can't seem to sustain any growth and I can't quite work out why.

Future City starting striker as Aguero ages.
    Regular Brazil player/goalscorer.
    Only 21.

• @Chris-J said in Premier League Thread:

I have Jesus down as my next big investment but he just can't seem to sustain any growth and I can't quite work out why.

Future City starting striker as Aguero ages.
    Regular Brazil player/goalscorer.
    Only 21.

He has gone up roughly 40% since December .

• @Chris-J bought into him as one of my first trades, down about 18p but no worried, is definitely a long term investment. Aguero is in a rich vein of form, but as Jesus showed last night he has goals in him. Lot of games to be played from now to May

• @Tom77 I've only been watching him for the past couple of weeks - just checked further back and he has had healthy growth previously. He seems to have been missed from the recent wave of top player investment - good time to buy perhaps?

• @Chris-J said in Premier League Thread:

@Tom77 I've only been watching him for the past couple of weeks - just checked further back and he has had healthy growth previously. He seems to have been missed from the recent wave of top player investment - good time to buy perhaps?

I would say so, i will be getting some more soon.

• Also people are piling money into VJ at over £11 becuase he is young, Jesus is only 21 himself and this season VJ produced 0 divs while Jesus 16p, now either one is massively overpriced or one is massively underpriced imo.

• @Allams-Out Jarrod Bowen's a great shout!!! Che Adams too!

• @Tom77 although i added some hype in another thread to VJ it did get me thinking... Jesus is more advanced in his career than Vinicius and roughly £5 less with tonnes more goals and a cert to be City front man when Aguero hangs his up... Looking at out and out (traditional) centre forwards for Brazil there is not much competition to Jesus.. whilst in wingers or players that drop off and play in the hole somewhat you have Neymar, Firmino, Coutinho, Willian, Richarlison, Malcom, Moura, now VJ...

Jesus does look undervalued in comparison!!!!

• @dannypea if you held VJ and had made profit would you sell him and reinvest in Jesus?

• @John-D i don't hold VJ but have Jesus (at a small loss so far) so tricky to say...

BUT... I do think both players will continue to grow long term.. so i would 'ideally' hold both... All depends on what profit was made thus far but really with either investments you need to be on them with long term plan in mind!

• @dannypea Looking at his playing stats he only gets decent gametime when Aguero is injured - other than that its 15-20 minutes here and there.

Aguero hasn't had many injury problems this season and isn't exactly past it at 30 (2-3 more years as first choice I think).

I still think Jesus is great value but it may be a while before he becomes the established first choice striker.

• @Chris-J which i suppose is a reason why Jesus price is so low compared to those with guaranteed slots at club level... City play one up front and it either has to be Aguero or Jesus...

I would like to think on a 3 year hold that Jesus will within that time see Aguero off... and my point if that is in 6 months, a year or two years then when he does get a substantial run his goalscoring record will speak for itself!!! If he doesn't budge Aguero would that not put pressure on him to perhaps move elsewhere?

On Aguero... if City won the league & champions league this season would that be the perfect time for him to go? A lot of ifs buts and maybes but Aguero won't be at City forever and Jesus will either step up to the plate or if he doesn't, he'll probably do it for a decent club in La Liga or Serie A??

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.