UEFA Champions League Thread

• UEFA Champions League Thread

0_1549458553972_champL.png

• Marco Verratti has been declared doubtful after injury setback.

• I wish they could just scrap the group stages and start in Feb at this stage all of the time... This is the business end where the 'real' teams play each other and this is where we really find out who can cut it at the top... I love it!!!

Last sixteen starts on Tuesday 12th Feb and is dragged over about four weeks with the final second leg games on Wed 13th March.. Just get on with it i say!!!!

Roma v Porto
    Manchester United v PSG
    Spurs v BvB
    Ajax v Real Madrid
    Lyon v Barcelona
    Liverpool v Bayern Munich
    Atletico v Juventus
    Schalke v Man City

The top ties for me are Man Utd v PSG and Liverpool v Bayern BUT i really like the look of Ajax v Real Madrid and have a sneaky feeling for de Godenzonen!!!

Can see investment ploughed into Roma, Barca & Man City players as they should all progress but the others for me you can flip a coin on!!!

• Dont u think Atletico and juventus is a top tie. Both really good defensively and have great offensive players

• @NewUser263918 yes but i probably won't watch it as it'll be a boring spectacle!!!!

Interestingly the Italian press aren't convinced by Juventus this season and suggest they lack midfield creativity and are down to bare bones defensively... Atletico though for me aren't as good as they were last season, so its a tough one to call... I think 1-1 or 0-0 first leg and maybe 1-0 second leg..Perhaps to Juve but could go either way??

• @dannypea Juve are flying in the league and was a cup shock to get knocked out the copa. I would never bet against them.

• @Misto they're flying in a league that they are supposed to fly in because they are much stronger than everyone else domestically.. a bit like Celtic i suppose... but they have hit a sticky patch which i'm sure is a minor blip.. The question is are they better, or worse than last year and better equipped to win the Champions League??? The goalkeeper is not as good... The defence is a year older and a little weaker in depth perhaps... The midfield is industrious without being spectacular and whilst Ronaldo has come in and done what Ronny does.. is this to the detriment of the team? Dybala, Cuadrado, Costa have not been near as effective since he's arrived?

I wouldn't write them off either... I have them to 'narrowly' beat Atletico but Simeone also has a team that are more than capable of beating Juve at their own game... It will be an intriguing match but i'm certainly not expecting it as one for the purists?

• Atletico have a terrible away record this season. They've been better of late but just lost to Betis and lost to Girona over two legs in the Copa Del Rey, fancy Juve to win at home, then get a draw/1 goal win away from home

• I know there is a lot of 'Roma loving' at the moment but I'm looking for a big night from Brahimi and Corona!!

• I’ve got a few of the Porto striker Tiquinho Soares at just 70p. He has scored 9 goals this season and if he scores tonight he will surely go up quite a bit thoughts?

• So I can see Mario Gotze has increased a bit in value, I can only put this down to Dortmund’s champions league tie tomorrow against Spurs.

I have a few futures in him myself (along with Sancho & Pulisic) however I’m doubtful he will get any game time. Pulisic rested on weekend to make way for him so I think people have been a bit premature.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this. For those playing the short game, I think a mistake has been made!

• @Sancho-De-Sousa pulisic hasn’t been playing much at all and Reus is our injured so Gotze has a good chance of playing

• @Sancho-De-Sousa

Gotze has started the last two games as the central forward and spearhead of the attack.

I'd expect him to play ahead of Pulisic.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.