Share Split Discussion Thread

• Share Split details on 18th March including new dividends table

With the split taking place on the 26th March. Football index are looking at a 3 or 4 way split, but nothing set in stone yet.

• @Misto I thought the survey which MikeB did on Twitter was interesting. Especially the amount of people voting for X10 split. Even though the dividends would be tiny, it would make things very interesting at the lower end of the market where you could potentially see 25 - 50% returns on a player.

It seemed to be the announced at the meet that *2 was the agreed split until the large amount of new users joining in January.

2 way split =14%
    4 way slit = 55%
    10 way split = 31%

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeB_FI/status/1090269914915430400

I wonder about MB and if that's opened up to all players, would that be considered an increase? I'm unconvinced by fractions, so G&A concerns me also. Any thoughts on what they may do with these? Also, if you buy futures after 23rd Feb but before 26th March, what happens if the payouts change? Do you still receive the original pay structure on the shares purchased but not the 'split' shares? This needs to be thought through and hopefully FI will clarify soon.

• Lads, If we do have a x4 SS, do players say at 60p get split by 4 or will there be a threshold, I can't imagine them letting certain players drop this low.

• @Shippers said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

Lads, If we do have a x4 SS, do players say at 60p get split by 4 or will there be a threshold, I can't imagine them letting certain players drop this low.

Without a doubt they will need to do for all players. Imagine a 61p player splitting by 4, but a 60p player staying at 60p. Total market distortion and disastrous.

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 sorry I probably worded it wrong. So right now no player is below 20p in the market what will happen to these guys. Say Joel Pereira the man u goalie trading at 40p I can't see him going to 10p. This is what I mean. Makes me think there will be some form of threshold at the record date which im sure they can do. Not sure what happended last time?

• @Misto 26/3 gonna be ‘frenzy’ but could 18th also...as everyone plans their portfolio strategy ❓

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

@Misto I thought the survey which MikeB did on Twitter was interesting. Especially the amount of people voting for X10 split. Even though the dividends would be tiny, it would make things very interesting at the lower end of the market where you could potentially see 25 - 50% returns on a player.

It seemed to be the announced at the meet that *2 was the agreed split until the large amount of new users joining in January.

2 way split =14%
    4 way slit = 55%
    10 way split = 31%

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeB_FI/status/1090269914915430400

I wonder about MB and if that's opened up to all players, would that be considered an increase? I'm unconvinced by fractions, so G&A concerns me also. Any thoughts on what they may do with these? Also, if you buy futures after 23rd Feb but before 26th March, what happens if the payouts change? Do you still receive the original pay structure on the shares purchased but not the 'split' shares? This needs to be thought through and hopefully FI will clarify soon.

I think they will open up MB to the whole squad and there will be a little media div increase to make up for the top 200 being cut right open. It makes sense really.

• @Shippers surely they have to split everyone the same otherwise you de value other players, lets say for instance they said everyone that's 40p or under is 2 way split and rest 4 way split, you now have a 40p player at 20p and an 80p player at 20p, that's not even possible surely.

• @Tom77 I'm not sure I would be happy with MB opening up to the whole market because then it would take value away from the top end - isve bought in to Pogba, Neymar etc because they have a better chance of winning, so if this chance decreases I'm more likely to sell off a few as their chance of a div return decreases.

• @Shippers said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

@Metropolis_山の中の市 sorry I probably worded it wrong. So right now no player is below 20p in the market what will happen to these guys. Say Joel Pereira the man u goalie trading at 40p I can't see him going to 10p. This is what I mean. Makes me think there will be some form of threshold at the record date which im sure they can do. Not sure what happended last time?

Every player will be split by the same amount otherwise it will harm the market and destroy customer confidence.

In the example you give, Pereira will be 10p.

• @GregF said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

@Tom77 I'm not sure I would be happy with MB opening up to the whole market because then it would take value away from the top end - isve bought in to Pogba, Neymar etc because they have a better chance of winning, so if this chance decreases I'm more likely to sell off a few as their chance of a div return decreases.

The increase in divs would make up for it though I would imagine.
    As a new user it must be confusing to see the top 200 for Mb but pb is the whole list.
    It all goes back to having a diverse portfolio.

• @GregF would only be a handful of players outside the top 200 that could ever dominate a headline tho? So if they compensated with an increase to MB (either a higher prize, or maybe an additional placed winner) then the reality is you would win more money over the year on the big players

• @GregF

Completely agree. Opening up MB to the whole market would be similar to a dividend decrease, because the average punter would end up winning fewer MB per year (with the wins more thinly spread across more players) than at present.

It would also cause a significant sell off in the top players.

If anything, FI should be increasing the current MB payout. In real terms it hasn’t increased since the Index began, while both PB and InPlay dividends have been introduced and increased since.

• @GregF how often would players outside the top 200 win MB anyway? Wouldn't happen much, maybe occasionally in transfer windows or a big performance. A MB div increase would more than compensate and would make Pogba even more valuable in my view.

• @Tom77 said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

@GregF said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

@Tom77 I'm not sure I would be happy with MB opening up to the whole market because then it would take value away from the top end - isve bought in to Pogba, Neymar etc because they have a better chance of winning, so if this chance decreases I'm more likely to sell off a few as their chance of a div return decreases.

The increase in divs would make up for it though I would imagine.
    As a new user it must be confusing to see the top 200 for Mb but pb is the whole list.
    It all goes back to having a diverse portfolio.

Yes confusing if you don't read the rules before you trade, but there's only one person to blame in that case, and NO I didn't particularly read the rules myself, so ain't trying to be a smart arse.

• @Hotspur

No one knows because MB scores are not recorded outside the Top 200.

But I think you’d be surprised how often an outsider could win. There are literally thousands of them, so it only takes one on any given day to do something amazing or wacky.

The net result will inevitably be more thinly spread MB wins - which is great for FI, but bad for most punters.

• @ocs123 I don't think that there would be a huge difference tp be honest, even if say Rooney or Zlatan do something noteworthy the tabloids are hardly exploding with articles, I know this because I read the sports headlines a very lot, transfer windows could be the worrying times because the top players don't normally move clubs, but all in all I ain't particularly worried, but I'd certainly vote no if it was a real vote.

• @Andy-M I question it because not one player is below 20p now, don't know why this is but obviously when they do the SS these 20p players will become 5p but they have no player of this value so makes me think they may do something different. Does anyone know what happended last time? I could be thinking way over the top and they will drop players to 5,10p etc..

• @Metropolis_山の中の市

The forum survey showed more support coming around a 4 way split now. Maybe it had something to do with Adam saying he didn't want to turn FI into penny stocks or the fact this was a forum survey and think around here is different to the general thinking on twitter.

What factor do you want the share split to be by?

2 - 5 (4.6%)
    3 - 2 (1.8%)
    4 - 68 (62.3%)
    5 - 21 (19.2%)
    6 - 1 (0.9%)
    7 - 0 (0%)
    8 - 1 (0.9%)
    9 - 0 (0%)
    10 - 11 (10%)

@Metropolis_山の中の市 said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

Also, if you buy futures after 23rd Feb but before 26th March, what happens if the payouts change? Do you still receive the original pay structure on the shares purchased but not the 'split' shares? This needs to be thought through and hopefully FI will clarify soon.

@dannypea raised this point along this vein, and it seems not even Football Index really considered. @Ollie put the question to Adam Cole at the trader meet.

"But he reiterated that your question was a really good one and that nobody had considered the implications of the split. So they are going to have a conference on it as its that important.

He said the bottom line was, that they would try and come up with a solution that would keep everyone happy, and possibly that they would be classed as new shares. Really nice positive people." If that happens maybe IPD for every share on the index for a month.

@Shippers said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

Lads, If we do have a x4 SS, do players say at 60p get split by 4 or will there be a threshold, I can't imagine them letting certain players drop this low.

They will split the whole market by the share split factor they choose, if they don't they will need either a really complex pay out table or be willing to unbalance a 3 year old market and mess up relative player yields. Which no sane person would ever do. They only other option I can see if they don't want the really cheap penny stocks at the bottom of the market is to cash them out to the holders and delete them from the index.

@Friedeggs said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

@Misto 26/3 gonna be ‘frenzy’ but could 18th also...as everyone plans their portfolio strategy ❓

I think when they release the market from suspension on the 18th it's going to be bigger than the actual split on the 26th because that is when the new dividend table comes out. No one knows what it will be, they only thing we do know is it will use ¼, ½ and ¾ of a penny in the new payouts because it allows them to keep the structure of the current dividend system. If the balance of payouts is moved slightly it could see value added and taken away from different parts of the market and traders will be falling over them selves to get on.

@GregF said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

MikeB already confirmed if they open MB up to the whole index they would off set the lose in payouts to the Top 200 by increasing the MB dividend payouts, so the existing yields of the Top 200 will be maintained. Yes your Pogba and Neymar's would win a lower amount of times over a season but the yield you get from them players would effectively but the same because of the higher payout. In turn your player outside the Top 200 could also win MB so we will be better off.

0_1549619508347_mbmb.jpg

@Hotspur said in Share Split Discussion Thread:

@GregF how often would players outside the top 200 win MB anyway? Wouldn't happen much, maybe occasionally in transfer windows or a big performance. A MB div increase would more than compensate and would make Pogba even more valuable in my view.

I agree with @Hotspur if Football Index are good to their word and the current MB yields of the Top 200 stay the same, we have nothing to worry about in terms of the value loss on our top holdings.

Also it would take something crazy to beat the current MB stars. Pretty much all players that don't play in the Premier League outside the Top 200 we can forget about winning MB no matter what they do, the star players that don't play Premier League inside the Top 200 apart from the very select few can't do it. The MB stars are really hard to beat. Aguero getting a hat trick in a Top 6 must win clash for City couldn't out score Rashford with a 1 - 0 win over Leicester. The only things that could maybe beat a MB darling that I can think of off the top of my is Rooney's last England game, or de Gea with 11 saves against Spurs.

• @Shippers the only reason it's minimum 20p is because a player doesn't drop below IPO price or something like that, but if it was a share split then obviously the price wouldn't drop below 5p instead, there is absolutely no logic in only splitting certain priced players, it's all or nothing, if they decided to do that then many people would leave the index, me included.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.