Homes Under The Hammer type idea

• I've just been watching Homes Under The Hammer on telly & something struck me about the programme that has given me an idea (but, it wouldn't surprise me that it was already thought of & acted on). I saw one chap who bought a house (with that great word 'POTENTIAL' !!) for £80,000 & intended to spend £20,000 on it to sell for £130,000+. He gave himself 3 month's to complete the re-fit to make a 30+% profit. Now, I thought & I would really appreciate anybody's thought's, particularly the 'DON'T DO IT, AS IT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA', but I was thinking, IF I spent my whole bank on one player with. I think. soon to rise potential in 3 month's or as soon as possible to make a 30% profit, would I be being stupid ?? Thank You guy's :)

• High risk, high reward.

One injury/transfer away from losing it all.

I think over a 3 month period you could make 30% easily enough without so much risk by spreading amongst proven players

• @NewUser2025 well if you could pick out that sort of player then yeah you could do that. What if he goes and breaks his leg though?

• It's a big gamble, basically 'putting all your eggs in one basket'. It could pay off, and if you go ahead and do it, I hope it does! But never put more than you can afford to lose and at the end of the day FI is a gambling platform, there will always be winners and losers! :)

• Well we all know what unfortunately happened to one footballer recently. You never know in this life what may occur.

• @NewUser2025 This is a terrible idea fella. It’s just gambling remember. Only money you can afford to lose. Might piss you off, but not catastrophic!!!...

• @NewUser2025 When Harry Kane went out injured, I knew that his price would drop and then rise significantly, so I stuck £1,000 on him and now that's got a value of £1200.

Today, Jack Clarke got sent to hospital mid match and nobody knows why yet. His price nose dived (and worth noting has been dropping slightly due to Leeds recent form), but at 18, the kid seems like a solid investment.... and now might be the best time to smash that money on him, as if he's declared fine, his price should increase again... of course, he could have something seriously wrong.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Homes Under The Hammer type idea:

@NewUser2025 When Harry Kane went out injured, I knew that his price would drop and then rise significantly, so I stuck £1,000 on him and now that's got a value of £1200.

Today, Jack Clarke got sent to hospital mid match and nobody knows why yet. His price nose dived (and worth noting has been dropping slightly due to Leeds recent form), but at 18, the kid seems like a solid investment.... and now might be the best time to smash that money on him, as if he's declared fine, his price should increase again... of course, he could have something seriously wrong.

I hear his bench warming has left him with chronic piles.

• I love football index to bits but I would much rather put £100k into a property in the know that i can get 30% ROI which can be used against my bank for my next acquisition then say buying 5,000 Pogba's or Neymar's which could go up or down based on performance (or not)...

That said.... a balanced portfolio with risk spread over a number of players would give you better income potential from the index... The only factor then is RISK being put into FI (the business) rather than your judgement on who you think is the best footballer to hold.

As said above though... only RISK what you can afford to lose... I think anyone putting £100k CASH into a £130k property when you can put 10% down to get x10 100k properties would need their heads looking at as naive investors!!!!

• Thank You to everybody for your advice. I really appreciate the time & trouble you've spent on me & my idea. All the best to all in your trading :)