Benjamin Pavard

• I have noticed hes had a bit of a dip recently and as someone who holds him (20 futures atm) im wondering why his price is dropping more so over the last week as hes been quite steady other than when he signed for bayern where there was a decent rise for about a week.

I know his PB scores arent the best in a poor stuttgart team but surely now would be a good time to get on as i think his price will rise when he goes to Bayern and surely he will start posting decent PB scores?

• He is on my watch list. But my thoughts are as a potential buy in the summer when I start preparing for next season.

Could see a rise just because he'll be a Bayern player instead of a Stuttgart player. But his value is pretty much on a par with other Bayern defenders not called Kimmich.

And there lies the problem for me. It will be tough to win dividends when Kimmich is on the field.

• Long term hold!

• @Allams-Out

Alaba and Sule both beat Kimmich two weeks ago. The entire back line beat him last week. To be fair he’s still a good hold despite this and has done really good PB numbers earlier in the season, but I sold up for a more existential reason...

If Bayern sell Martinez and move Kimmich back to his natural DM position, his PB bluechip profile is in real doubt. I’m holding Pavard and Alaba in anticipation of this and I think there’s a real chance it happens.

I’m possibly the only guy on the forum not holding, but I ran the risk/reward on Kimmich and got a bit scared. £8 is a crazy price for a defender.

• @playingcards1 if that happens, is there any precedent on how long it might take for opta to change his position?

Personally my exit is either if Bayern look like being dumped out of Europe or before seasons end.

Surely dead money in summer with next to zero MB potential.

Maybe jump back on for next season if there's a decent drop.

• @playingcards1 I very much agree with this. I feel Kimmich's high price could too easily be affected by too many events. I'm holding alaba too for this exact reason.

• @Allams-Out said in Benjamin Pavard:

@playingcards1 if that happens, is there any precedent on how long it might take for opta to change his position?

Personally my exit is either if Bayern look like being dumped out of Europe or before seasons end.

Surely dead money in summer with next to zero MB potential.

Maybe jump back on for next season if there's a decent drop.

I believe opta run positional changes every 6 months and in the previous 6 month period a player has to play more than 50% of their games in a different position. Any potential changes are way down the line

• holding Pavard is about as exciting as it would have been holding Gary Neville in 1998 in my opinion...

I wish you all the success with that one!!!

• @dannypea said in Benjamin Pavard:

holding Pavard is about as exciting as it would have been holding Gary Neville in 1998 in my opinion...

I wish you all the success with that one!!!

Can confirm :-)

• @dannypea hahahahaha what was that mate

• The amount of times I stared at that 90p in the last 2 months...... without buying. Damn.

• Possibly represents the best bit of trading I've done

Used osimhen money to buy Digne and made a very quick 60 odd % + IPD's then market sold my dignes a fortnight or so ago to buy a load of pavards at 99p, sitting on 68.68% ROI and a further 10.1% in divs less than a fortnight later.

Will hold him for euros as still think he represents excellent value

• Starting to rise again.....£2 this week do we think?

• Still very cheap at 1,68

• I didn’t think he was worth getting as a PB player as he would struggle to be top defender in his own team, but fair play to those who bought and held 👏👏 lovely bit of capital appreciation this week and has PB potential for the euros

• In amongst all the rubbish I bought on my first day on the Index (10th August 2018), Pavard still sits in my portfolio as an absolute gem! Bought off the back of that volley against Argentina in the World Cup which perhaps isn’t the best reason to buy a player (as he’s unlikely to ever repeat it) but the purchase worked out well anyway!

• Pavard in Lithuanian means "last name" So his Pavard is Pavard.

I have other facts you can buy for 10 Sergio Cordovas and a single Kovalenko

• If Kimmich continues to play in midfield don't see why his price wouldn't stay steady or if not increase further playing RB rather than CB.
    Could depend on who they eventually appoint manager but at the minute he's doing well.

Luckily timed buy for me after looking at him for a while, 36% cap app plus divs after buying last week!

• Can someone explain to me why his price is on the up? I bought last week but not on research,. just following buyers on here

• @Incolrabaaz

Playing full back for a team who will win most weeks and go deep in the CL and clear first choice for the nation that will probably go into the euros as favourites. Good historical PB, even better recently and gold day star man last saturday, still only 23. Makes him one of the best investments around at present