Sunday sell off

• Why every Sunday does it seem there is a mad rush to sell? As a relative newbie (1 month) am I missing something?

• @Stewart-C welcome to theee football index where trends happen overnight...

• It’s the same every week, I’ve noticed some of my players will drop Sunday till Tuesday then from Thursday they will rise again.... madness 👍

• I have lost 1% of my portfolio since Sunday.
    It’s crazy that people are so short term now. How are they making enough money to be instant selling players off in mass amounts. They are going to be the first to moan that the “product” doesn’t work.
    JUST HOLD A PLAYER 🙈

• @Stewart-C lots of these are actually put in the queue and therefore not really classed as a sell off, if they're sold then the price will go up again, if nobody manages to sell before the next game then they'll probably be cancelled and the price will also go up again, hope you understand.

Edit

Read this @NewUser181606 👍

• Can't imagine anyone actually makes much money 7 day trading i mean what 50p ?

• It's annoying but it happens. Just don't compare your port value on Monday to what it was Saturday. That just leads to panic selling.

Best compare Monday to the previous Monday, or Saturday to the previous Saturday.

If you're up in value doing it that way then you're doing alright.

• 35 of the top 50 in the red, all very annoying and completely unwarranted imo. Come Tuesday it’ll be the other way around 🙄

• To anyone on here who ever questions the "viability of this platform". This Sunday evening/Monday sell-off and then re-buy in as the weekend approaches on a weekly basis is how FI are making serious £££ in commission.

• Wait till you see the Monday sell off... 😱

• I'm of the thinking it won't be as bad this week as "usual" - Champions League and Europa League fixtures next week.

I await the FI masses proving me wrong though...

• The first week of the month is usually the worst and each week tends to get better the closer it gets to most peoples payday at the end off the month. This month of course should see even bigger rise than normal as we get closer to the Share splt, a lot will depend on what is announced on the 18th as well.

• I wonder how much of the reduction in price is people simply putting players in the queue? Come Tuesday they've not sold, they're taken out the queue and the prices return even though no actual trading has taken place.
    Surely there can't be much profit in selling Sunday, then rebuying a couple of days later?

• @GregF said in Sunday sell off:

I wonder how much of the reduction in price is people simply putting players in the queue? Come Tuesday they've not sold, they're taken out the queue and the prices return even though no actual trading has taken place.
    Surely there can't be much profit in selling Sunday, then rebuying a couple of days later?

Almost all of it I’d imagine.

• I also think it is down to peoples strategies with regards to G&A dividends. People buy players not for long term holds but to earn money through G&A. Once the 30 days is up there is no point in keeping (assuming they never saw the player as a long term prospect) and so they sell after the weekend games. Its not a strategy I use, but I'm sure it comes into some peoples thinking.

• The knee jerk reacton to players who didnt do much on the weekend staggers me. Is it the same every week. Prices rise up to the games then if a poor game go down at the start of the week.

• lets face it.. like it or not people bet with emotion and companies like FI make their money on bad betting... so classic case is Man Utd are at home to Crystal Palace on the Saturday.. you see the price of Rashford steadily creeping up all week due to the home banker ahead and think 'I best get in now before the match' as you reckon Rash might get a goal or two... you invest at a higher than usual price thinking he's odds on for a return.. he plays the game, doesn't score, gets dragged off and you think 'crap' as you see his price drop whilst the flippers cash out their investments leading to a negative fall which you are getting concerned about.

So what do you do... Rather than think, it'll be ok, that price will go back up in a week or two... you think.. "i've lost money"... need to get it back, chase the dragon.. Sunday comes.. Sell Rashford and bang it in Salah... he'll get that goal and buzz win for me.... he eventually draws a blank and his price drops due to the same thing happening.. It's a viscious cycle and those that do badly will drop at the weekend... those that do well might even drop as people cash out at the 'highest price'.

Ok, probably used bad examples in Salah & Rashford who both offer long term potential... but players like Alexis Sanchez, Quagliarella, Dzeko, Vardy etc are prime examples if they don't score they drop... whether it be panic selling or tactical selling, the knock on sheep following effect is sure to come which FI lap up and we are all left scratching our heads why...

The better philosophy is just to ignore it, have a game plan and cash out on your investment when you think its the best time to do so!!!

• Bunch of fookin space cadets is what it is tbf

• Salah's next 6 games are either against teams he should score against or big media games. I had a spare £40 so just invested in another 3 shares. Saved me £1 compared to yesterday. I don't get the short term trading now. It is what I wanted to get away from when I joined last August.

0_1551705071749_upload-ad234657-f02a-4e9c-95d1-c3c6f2f250e4

• And the selling begins. At 8pm i had £600 profit on my portfolio by 840pm i have lost 7% (£42) for no reason, I just do not get it. It is not one individual it is spread which makes it stranger. Like what was said on this thread do not watch Sunday (but I am addicted refresh refresh).

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.