Share Split

• Morning,
    Question for you experts out there...
    I know that when the share split comes along if it is x4, your player shares you own go up x4 and the cost of buying that player goes down x4 for new purchases but does the player you are already holding go down x4 and goes this effect the existing profit (or loss) you currently have against that player???

(I think what I wrote makes sense)

• @gball1975 It'll be the same initially as the division in price will be the same as the multiplication of shares, e.g. 100 shares at £1 becomes 400 at 25p so it's still £100. I don't know what they'll do as far as rounding prices up or down goes so this could make a small difference.

• Ok that makes sense thanks. So once it all kicks in, you could stock up at the NEW PRICE of a player you already have?

• In addition to that question, when the SS prices are officially released is it a free for all with all traders buying as fast as they can at the lowest start price? Will this see a massive increase in the players price with so many buying ?

• @Harold007 🤞

• @Harold007 said in Share Split:

In addition to that question, when the SS prices are officially released is it a free for all with all traders buying as fast as they can at the lowest start price? Will this see a massive increase in the players price with so many buying ?

the prices aren't getting any lower - the shares are splitting. if its a split by 4 each new share will be worth a quarter of what it is now so their shouldn't be any major changes.

Why would someone wait until the day of the share split when they can buy the same player now?

• @Wilba I think it will encourage some with lower budgets to get the more expensive players for £5 rather than £20. I may be wrong

• @Harold007 the dividends also get reduced so in terms of value the shares are no different post split.
    The split is just a means to make it more affordable for the average new joiner to build a portfolio... So in theory I expect the growth to pick up, with new users joining the platform... I don't expect a frenzy as most of the current base will have their portfolio ready for the split.

• @Azer182 yeah you are completely right, but these people will a small budget arent going to be shifting the prices much when will take about 400 futures to move a player 1p.

• @Wilba said in Share Split:

@Azer182 yeah you are completely right, but these people will a small budget arent going to be shifting the prices much when will take about 400 futures to move a player 1p.

Has that been stated? I assume itl still be the same basis for price increments.

• @Vespasian32 not officially but throughout any communication I have seen they have said that it will all be proportionate.

Otherwise we would be open to massive crashes, Take these big traders for example, ASP posted on twitter that he has 5000 VJ, if theres no chance to the price movement matrix if that turns into 20,000 futures he would have the power to massively move the market and an IS of them would take £2 off his price so I think they will have to make it 400 (if its a split by 4)

• @Wilba already been one share split... Be interesting to know what happened last time. Surprising that this all feels new to FI considering they have done it before

• @Wilba i have seen a few posts on here suggesting that people are waiting for the SS to happen before investing more money.

• @Vespasian32 Its a completely different proposition based on user numbers alone. As they said in the trader meet they used to decide these things over a pint in a pub, the platform has matured so much so I think its almost impossible to compare to last time round and the reality is no one actually knows whats going to happen.

@Harold007 I personally cant understand the logic of that, unless they are waiting to see what the new dividends look like and make a decision from there?

• @Wilba @Harold007 I think there's some concern of rules changing/dividends changing that might bring a different group of players into sudden value e.g. if they make a new category for GK in PB. Or open the whole player database up to MB...The fact that trading closes for 24 hours on the SS announcement date shows they want to give people time to plan and react. I think it's reasonable to save some cash for that day just in case.

• @Wilba very true. Hadn't taken into consideration the fact it's gonna take 400 futures to move a penny

• @Joev What happens if the price of a player has 3rd or 4th number after the separator after dividing by 4? rounding (0.0025, 0.005 or 0.0075) down/up?

Assume that I have 1000 shares of Neymar now @20.42 = £20.42k
    split by 4: 20.42/4=5.105, rounding up to 5.11
    I will have 4000 shares @ 5.11 = £20.44k -> I get a free £20 by the share split!

• @Victory I was asking about the same in other post about SS... Think what will happen for all of us not only you mate, on FI is over 200000 traders so 100000s free £££?? Or look on it in different way if your Neymar will be £5.10 then you will be down and then again ppl will lose 100000s £££?! I'm very curious what happened last time and how they managed that?!
    And that's the post...

Hi all,
    I'm not sure if someone mentioned about it but what will happen with players odd ends??
    Ex:
    Kai Havertz - & 7.51 so after SS by 4 he will be £1.8775
    So they will cut end to £1.87 then £1.87 x4=£7.48 (3p down on 1share!!) or if they will go up to £1.88 so £1.88 x4=£7.52(1p up) ...Ppl have 100s shares in players with odd ends so can easily lose 100s pound after SS or will get some extra ££?! 🤔
    Any ideas how they will fix that or I missing something

• @Joev
    I though that the maximum shares in one player is 100. But if you already have 100 shares, after the price split you will now own 400 shares. Does that mean that you have to instant sell 300 shares or will the max number be increased up to 400 or more. And how will this affect the IPD/G&A dividends, will they still go for 1p per assist and 2p per goal or will the dividends also be divided by 4? If they stay the same, surely short term trading will dominate the market because now i could wait for aguero to get a hattrick, buy 400 shares and provided i buy them before midnight, thats 400 x 6p which is 24pounds in total exluding the potential MB & PB dividends.

• @Vespasian32
    could we see the Neymar's and Pogba's rising from 5pounds to 20pounds again sometime in the future ,considering that more and more people are joining football index everyday. As Neymar at 5pounds is very affordable for most new traders, so even though now it takes 400futures to raise the share price by 0.01p, more people can afford him so theoritically we could see Neymar rising to 20pounds again. (could be completely wrong, it's just a theory)