V. Junior doing my nut in!!!

• @Le-Blanc
    Perhaps but I can imagine on FI is 100s players that you can buy for the same reason with much better effect and less risk!!

• He's one of the riskiest holds on the index, he's returned no PB or MB and it's likely he won't anytime soon. You're pretty much relying on him being world class at that price, I can't see him winning any MB as only world class foreign players win it outside of transfer windows. Maybe he'll be in with a PB chance if Madrid go deep in the CL, a lot of ifs and buts at that price, I'd want a sure thing for £11 personally.

• @Mundek and less risk instead of shelling out nearly £12 a share! 😱

• @nally93 … so you say sell and take the hit?
    Also, how would you take on instead? throw a couple of suggestion over...

• @gball1975 would not be selling anyone of that nature ahead of the share split. He got to the price he is now for a reason. That reason is a raw talent. Ignore dividends and look at capital appreciation potential for now.
    He’s absolutely loved at Madrid and only going to improve. Madrid will get through this round of the CL meaning he will be £2.75 a share at the next round of CL games. ( working on likely x4 split)
    I’d be very confident he will rocket again because his all action style and pace will appeal to people on this index.
    Sit tight/top up In the dip.

** with regards to risk. You don’t play every game at Real Madrid at 18 unless you’re pretty special. I’d back their coaches opinion over my own. Vinicius is going to be a star for years to come

• @gball1975 you just bought at the top of a rise, not necessarily a bad hold. He rose so sharply over the course of a week or two so its natural for people who got on early to take some profit.

my opinion is that for the sake of 5 you should keep hold of them. You will have 20 if its a split by 4 and hes potentially going to be a star.. worth the risk in my opinion.

from what I have seen he looks very exciting, hold until the end of the season at least - you never know he could find his way into Brazils copa america squad and become a star overnight!

just another opinion, but cutting your losses isnt always the best idea. I held Neymar in the red for 2 months at £16 and now hes over £20. Patience can be vital

• @Wilba @Salmon … cheers all. Consensus is to hold so I shall do just that...SS is a good factor to bring into my dilemma.

Still fairly new to this hence the initial question.

• @gball1975 May i ask the reason you bought him at that price? Were you looking for capital appreciation for 1-2 years or dividend payout for 1-2 years? The reason i ask is that to gain 10% capital appreciation he would have to go up £1.13. This is quite a lot in comparison to a £1-2 player would would only have to go up 10-20p. If it is dividends you are looking for then do you think is/will be the best for dividends for his price?

• @Salmon
    What kind of capital appreciation potential you are talking about - 10%,20%, 30% ROI or more ?! And how long do you have to wait for that - 1 year , 2 year or 3 years??

• @gball1975 you will get different advice from everyone on this forum. But one thing that is 100% consistent is the advice to not panic sell when in the red.
    Good luck with your FI journey

• @NewUser731
    I just wanna said that ....!!

• @Mundek I wouldn’t want to quantify it as so many variables. I’ve been on 4 months now and as an example have a 129% return on Rashford. Never in a million years would I have thought that possible when I first purchased. The index is growing very very quickly and numbers used at this stage are nothing more than guess work.
    How can we know how current users will act? How can we confidently say how many users will be on here by the end of the year?
    How do we know who will perform and how the market will move?

I’ve done lots of reading about this SS and even though I can’t say it will rise by 10%, 20%, 100% or whatever, I am very confident it will rise quicker than a standard savings account and that therefore means I keep investing.

And very worst case. I make a loss. It was well worth the fun and excitement of being involved with the product. (I’m convinced this won’t happen 😂)

• @Salmon hmmm

• @nally93 said in V. Junior doing my nut in!!!:

He's one of the riskiest holds on the index,

He is a starter for Real Madrid, he is already adored by the crowd and is 18 years old. Give the kid a break. If he was at Man Utd, he would be 15 quid easy.

If you want a risky hold, go throw money on Greenwood, Chong and Gomes. Three players that probably wont even play a PB eligible game for another season at least. Yet are priced around the same level as world class footballers and proven PB/MB scorers.

As for the original poster. Show some patience. You bought in at the wrong time, when he was massively overpriced.

He has 2 El Classicos coming up in the next few weeks and I fully expect him to start them both.

• @johnboywalker Incredible double standards, you want me to give Vinicius a break after I raise valid points then proceed to crap all over Greenwood who yes I have happily thrown a lot of money on as you put it.

Lets compare them both, Greenwood is 15 months younger and his IPO was £1.80 compared to Vinicius 60p, they're both risks but the worst case scenarios if they become duds and you're the last to sell is a £3.53 loss per share on Greenwood compared to £10.72 for Vinicius, so he's over 3x the risk.

Greenwood doesn't have to be world class (I believe he could be) to generate media buzz returns like Vinicius, Man United are the number 1 MB club and that won't change, he's the best nationality for potential MB too. It's not as if he's nowhere near the squad either, Solksjaer has mentioned him in many interviews and confirmed he would've been in the squad for Chelsea if not for a knock.

• Steady lads. We’re just trying to make some money and put a bit of excitement into our boring miserable lives. 😁

• @NewUser731 … 19yrs old starting for Real / Brazilian / quick / skilful and got a couple of important goals. Going for the long term 2 seasons. Was looking at all the options.

• Guys was only asking your opinions, didn't want to start an online brawl, we all have our opinions hence why I asked.

• @nally93

Ok, I'll keep this brief as you clearly get offended if anyone disagrees with you.

Greenwood, Chong and Gomes have never played a PB eligible game for Man Utd. They have never played against adults. I'd go as far as to say that most people that have invested in these three have never actually watched an entire game involving them ...

VJ is currently playing PB eligible games. I have watched him several times this season and believe in his potential to be both a world class footballer and a PB contender in the future. Is he worth 11 quid? Absolutely not. Luckily, I bought in around the £5 mark.

As for your comment about English being the 'best nationality for potential MB'. Well that's just nonsense. The best MB scorers in the history of the index, Pogba, Salah, Neymar, etc etc don't appear to have any caps for England.

Who you talking about? Luke Shaw ...🤣

Just realised, that wasn't very brief.

• @johnboywalker Not offended one bit I'm happy to debate opinions, you were being a bit hypocritical in my opinion.

I only hold Greenwood from them 3 and I do actually watch all their games on MUTV, If in 15 months when Greenwood is the same age as Vinicius is now and still hasn't provided any MB or played in PB/cup games then I'll be somewhat worried but I'll still likely hold. Knowing the index and it's love for youngsters he would still probably rise in that scenario if he's still doing well in the youth, only time will tell. We both think our players can be world players which is why we're happy to take the risk.

Of course I know the top dividend history winners are not English, I meant let's say for example Greenwood had exactly the same ability but was from Hungary and went on to be a standard good enough for England/Hungary, he would be likelier to win MB doing well when playing for England compared to a foreign country. Probably wasn't a point worth making I know.

As you might have guessed I can be quite argumentative when I'm hungry, can't wait for this steak.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.