V. Junior doing my nut in!!!

• @Mundek I wouldn’t want to quantify it as so many variables. I’ve been on 4 months now and as an example have a 129% return on Rashford. Never in a million years would I have thought that possible when I first purchased. The index is growing very very quickly and numbers used at this stage are nothing more than guess work.
    How can we know how current users will act? How can we confidently say how many users will be on here by the end of the year?
    How do we know who will perform and how the market will move?

I’ve done lots of reading about this SS and even though I can’t say it will rise by 10%, 20%, 100% or whatever, I am very confident it will rise quicker than a standard savings account and that therefore means I keep investing.

And very worst case. I make a loss. It was well worth the fun and excitement of being involved with the product. (I’m convinced this won’t happen 😂)

• @Salmon hmmm

• @nally93 said in V. Junior doing my nut in!!!:

He's one of the riskiest holds on the index,

He is a starter for Real Madrid, he is already adored by the crowd and is 18 years old. Give the kid a break. If he was at Man Utd, he would be 15 quid easy.

If you want a risky hold, go throw money on Greenwood, Chong and Gomes. Three players that probably wont even play a PB eligible game for another season at least. Yet are priced around the same level as world class footballers and proven PB/MB scorers.

As for the original poster. Show some patience. You bought in at the wrong time, when he was massively overpriced.

He has 2 El Classicos coming up in the next few weeks and I fully expect him to start them both.

• @johnboywalker Incredible double standards, you want me to give Vinicius a break after I raise valid points then proceed to crap all over Greenwood who yes I have happily thrown a lot of money on as you put it.

Lets compare them both, Greenwood is 15 months younger and his IPO was £1.80 compared to Vinicius 60p, they're both risks but the worst case scenarios if they become duds and you're the last to sell is a £3.53 loss per share on Greenwood compared to £10.72 for Vinicius, so he's over 3x the risk.

Greenwood doesn't have to be world class (I believe he could be) to generate media buzz returns like Vinicius, Man United are the number 1 MB club and that won't change, he's the best nationality for potential MB too. It's not as if he's nowhere near the squad either, Solksjaer has mentioned him in many interviews and confirmed he would've been in the squad for Chelsea if not for a knock.

• Steady lads. We’re just trying to make some money and put a bit of excitement into our boring miserable lives. 😁

• @NewUser731 … 19yrs old starting for Real / Brazilian / quick / skilful and got a couple of important goals. Going for the long term 2 seasons. Was looking at all the options.

• Guys was only asking your opinions, didn't want to start an online brawl, we all have our opinions hence why I asked.

• @nally93

Ok, I'll keep this brief as you clearly get offended if anyone disagrees with you.

Greenwood, Chong and Gomes have never played a PB eligible game for Man Utd. They have never played against adults. I'd go as far as to say that most people that have invested in these three have never actually watched an entire game involving them ...

VJ is currently playing PB eligible games. I have watched him several times this season and believe in his potential to be both a world class footballer and a PB contender in the future. Is he worth 11 quid? Absolutely not. Luckily, I bought in around the £5 mark.

As for your comment about English being the 'best nationality for potential MB'. Well that's just nonsense. The best MB scorers in the history of the index, Pogba, Salah, Neymar, etc etc don't appear to have any caps for England.

Who you talking about? Luke Shaw ...🤣

Just realised, that wasn't very brief.

• @johnboywalker Not offended one bit I'm happy to debate opinions, you were being a bit hypocritical in my opinion.

I only hold Greenwood from them 3 and I do actually watch all their games on MUTV, If in 15 months when Greenwood is the same age as Vinicius is now and still hasn't provided any MB or played in PB/cup games then I'll be somewhat worried but I'll still likely hold. Knowing the index and it's love for youngsters he would still probably rise in that scenario if he's still doing well in the youth, only time will tell. We both think our players can be world players which is why we're happy to take the risk.

Of course I know the top dividend history winners are not English, I meant let's say for example Greenwood had exactly the same ability but was from Hungary and went on to be a standard good enough for England/Hungary, he would be likelier to win MB doing well when playing for England compared to a foreign country. Probably wasn't a point worth making I know.

As you might have guessed I can be quite argumentative when I'm hungry, can't wait for this steak.

• Warning kids - don't try eating "stakes" at home @nally93 is no doubt a trained professional & has practiced this art for years. 👍0_1550776808302_Jaws_james_bond.jpg

• @nally93

Great minds think alike mate. I've got a rump on the pan as we speak.

I appreciate you are in this for the long term, and that is commendable. Hopefully in a few years time, we are all sitting top of the index.

• @gball1975 well if that's the case then keep him. If you think he has the potential to make serious dividends then your decision is justified.

• @johnboywalker Hopefully mate, we're all in it together at the end of the day even on players we don't share, enjoy your steak.

• @johnboywalker said in V. Junior doing my nut in!!!:

@nally93

Ok, I'll keep this brief as you clearly get offended if anyone disagrees with you.

Greenwood, Chong and Gomes have never played a PB eligible game for Man Utd. They have never played against adults. I'd go as far as to say that most people that have invested in these three have never actually watched an entire game involving them ...

VJ is currently playing PB eligible games. I have watched him several times this season and believe in his potential to be both a world class footballer and a PB contender in the future. Is he worth 11 quid? Absolutely not. Luckily, I bought in around the £5 mark.

As for your comment about English being the 'best nationality for potential MB'. Well that's just nonsense. The best MB scorers in the history of the index, Pogba, Salah, Neymar, etc etc don't appear to have any caps for England.

Who you talking about? Luke Shaw ...🤣

Just realised, that wasn't very brief.

You don't need to be English but the majority of MB wins are by premier league players or players linked to premier.

The only exceptions are messi and Ronnie who have built up their profile by dominating world football for 10 years and neymar who has the triple whammy of being involved in massive transfers, the one word name advantage and being an ego driven or maniac. There is no guarantee there will be a new messi or ronnie in terms of the profile they have.

Obviously we don't know what will happen in the future but it's sensible to disregard MB from projections for players like VJ and probably mbappe.

• Only neymar/messi and ronaldo are in the top 10 all time Mb earners outside the prem.

Basically you need VJ to be up to those standards for his MB, if you think he will then pile in.

• Vj plummeting... Common theme for the last three weeks... A few of my players rocket and all good... Then a couple of rotten apples undo it all.

Been stuck in limbo for ages not winning or losing.

In terms of Vj tho, I'm not taking the IS hit... In current market 1 goal will send him back towards £12, especially vs Barca or in the Champs LG.

• People adding to sell queue are gluttens for punishment... Can see you probably already need 1000 buys to get to the top of the queue... By adding to list you are driving price down and all the while encouraging more holders to sell or list him.... Vicious circle.
    Only time to market sell is when a player is on the up and you feel its time to cash out... If a player going down surely the wise option is hold or IS.

• If you instant sell now you are betting on him not scoring for the next several games.

• I bought in at £8 so I've got some leeway, but even if I didn't I'd still be holding.
    Real have got a canny knack of playing well on the biggest stages in Europe, and VJ is showing to be one of the creative stars in that team.
    He ain't Ronaldo, don't get me wrong, but he has potential to be a big star in the next few weeks which will bring his price back up, and over the next few years he will prove to be a guaranteed starter.
    When this pricedrop bottoms out I'll be topping up for sure.

Edit: for anyone worried about a lack of ability, Google his touch against cska Moscow, or his assist against Ajax last week - making fun of two champions league sides already.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in V. Junior doing my nut in!!!:

If you instant sell now you are betting on him not scoring for the next several games.

Ladies, gentlemen, nothing has changed.

VJ is not injured. VJ is still first choice at Madrid and Real Madrid are still in Europe.

Before you hit that panic button and instant sell, have a look at the upcoming games (2 x Barca 🤑🤑), give yourself a slap, and take him out the sell queue.

Nothing has changed ...

0_1550841364209_IMG-20190222-WA0002.jpg

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.