Kingsley Coman injury

• Subbed on and subbed off 10 minutes later today. A bit of a shaky FI investment as he did say he may well retire with one more bad injury. Any one know if this was a bad injury? Might this be the end for Coman? Price has already dipped today.

• Just looked like a hamstring he was feeling the back of his thigh, He was walking ok when he went off and didn't look too distressed

• This is why I cashed in on him a while ago, quality little player but injuries are killing him

• Really didn’t want to instant sell but with the knee-jerk nature of the Index he’s only going to fall further during the early week sell offs and struggle to regain his value if he doesn’t score on his return.

Now I need to figure out where I can put £400 to good use 🤔

• This was a precaution.

I'm pretty sure he felt a tweak of the hamstring, after a lengthy period out the player himself is cautious, added to which the team is under instructions not to take risks, the CL is the priority.

At worst he's out for 6 weeks.
    At best he's fir to start against Liverpool.

The index needs to calm down on this one.
    I'm riding it out.
    For those who don't hold Coman, I'd suggest it's a great opportunity to get in. Finished he most certainly isn't.

• @Chris-J Messi.... ?

• If it was any other player I would ride it out but the comments he made about retiring add an extra element of uncertainty to this one.

I’m also preparing my portfolio for the summer and can’t see Coman doing enough between now and the end of the season to increase his value ahead of what will likely be a quiet summer for him.

• If its the same leg then its a massive problem. It will be one injury after another with all the imbalances and overcompensating his body has probably been doing while recovering from his ankle.

• He made comments about what ?

I'm going to assume that's an immature head who's frustrations are coming out.
    Seems madness for a player who is 22yo.

If there were long term concerns in that sense, then I think Bayern would know better than any of us. On that basis I can't believe he would have started the a CL knockout game against Liverpool, but he did (so I'm not concerned).

Why would you start a player, when there's both experienced and young players available in such a big game if said player is a long term injury liability ?
    The Liverpool game was the biggest of their season so far, he played at 22yo. That tells me that Bayern see Coman as a massive part of their long term ambitions.

• I think this sums up why he is a risky hold. I think it's a given that if he didn't have the injury problems we would be looking at a £5+ player. I don't hold as the fitness risk is too much for me. I'm sure people will make a lot of him with the right timings but I think I'll endeavour to watch him from afar.

• @C-Arroyo said in Kingsley Coman injury:

He made comments about what ?

I'm going to assume that's an immature head who's frustrations are coming out.
    Seems madness for a player who is 22yo.

If there were long term concerns in that sense, then I think Bayern would know better than any of us. On that basis I can't believe he would have started the a CL knockout game against Liverpool, but he did (so I'm not concerned).

Why would you start a player, when there's both experienced and young players available in such a big game if said player is a long term injury liability ?
    The Liverpool game was the biggest of their season so far, he played at 22yo. That tells me that Bayern see Coman as a massive part of their long term ambitions.

December 2018.
    "I hope I don't have to relive what I've been through, enough is enough. I will not
    accept a third operation – it will mean maybe my foot is not made for this level.
    "I will then lead another life, an anonymous life."

• @Tom77

I see what you're saying, I'm not a physio and I have no idea how bad his situation is.
    I think I'd be feeling a lot more concerned if the injury was below the knee.
    Hamstrings are part of the game for pacy wingers, I'm good with Bayern and the player being cautious still.

I don't think Bayern would encourage his pessimism. Sounds like he was very down when he said it, he's come back into the first team recently and that start against Liverpool. I'm sure he's feeling generally happier now he's back. He didn't look distraught when he was sat on the pitch chatting with the physio about it. They were clearly discussing his ankle and what if anything Coman could feel in that area.
    I'd say Coman was looking cautious, as well as hungry. I think he definitely has the taste back and wants to start against Liverpool.
    I think we'll see caution in these domestic games, on his part and by the club. We may see him explode against Liverpool and beyond in CL games. See the best of him at the top level whatever happens from there.

I'd say the player has a lot more to offer, I'm sure those around him will be saying the same including Deschamps.

• Its sounds like they are just being ultra cautious based on this

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/kovac-waiting-coman-tests-winger-175908601.html

• Conan = welbeck = useless

• @Dan-w
    Comparing Welbeck to Conan is like comparing Boyd Mumford to Mike Tyson

• @Advinculas-Index Haha I see more comparisons with Conan and welbeck though?

• @Advinculas-Index Conan? As in The Barbarian?

• @TheSleepingGiant

Apologies
    Im gettin me Conans and Comans mixed up

It reminds me of the time when i was at school and i was asked to write a paper about the Romans in history and ended up writing a 5 page History of Ronan Keating and Ronan Gafferty (Golfer)

• @Advinculas-Index I think I started you down that conan road.. too many beers.... please accept my apologies. He's still a crock all the same

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.