Is your portfolio dropping big time?

• Mine is. Never had this much loss. Even players i have who score goals are nosediving. Whats going on?

• This is what happens when you add 1000 players.

• @NewUser66152 said in Is your portfolio dropping big time?:

This is what happens when you add 1000 players.

Yep. Hopefully things will start to settle down soon but it might be a slow recovery.

• Mine has dropped just over 30% in the last 3 days. I'm not sure if I've made mistakes or not, I've not taken any action the decreasing prices seem to be fairly consistent across my whole portfolio rather than just a few players.

• If you flick through the Top 200 from highest price down there's certainly a lot of red near the top. So if your portfolio's weighted towards elite players it might be taking a hit. If your portfolio's diversified or weighted towards other strategies then maybe the picture is different

FWIW it appears that the introduction of the November IPO players has made it harder for elite players to win PB. Some traders are possibly therefore re-balancing their portfolios accordingly. Or it might just be a temporary blip

• Definitely agree that the larger spread of players is having an effect on PB becoming more of a lottery. Players from Girona and Freiburg are now more attractive which brings down the value of those at the top now less likely to win PB due to more competition. One for the opta nerds perhaps???

• If the "FOOTIE" is rising as it clearly is but your portfolio has taken a down turn then you're simply backing the wrong horses - HOWEVER, the red n green only matter when you're ready to sell, I tend to ignore the weekly/monthly spikes myself.

If you REALLY believe in a player and he's gone south for no particular reason then buy some more of him if you've got the funds - back your instincts!

• Yeah. Thanks guys. I think im gonna be positive and use it to my advantage and buy more of my in the red players.

• To finesse the doubling down option consider buying more of those elite players who you think will outperform the market while selling those who you think will underperform

• Mine's pretty stable, but I haven't got many of the long standing PB favourites who are largely dropping - which is fair enough and simply rebalancing after the IPOs

Worth bearing in mind that nearly any player is a couple of headlines/strong performances away from an increase. Depends on your patience and willingness to tie up cash

• mine's pretty steady - have a focus on diversity, so prob why

• Portfolio up a few percent capital wise over the last few weeks but won quite a few dividends on top of that. Focused entirely on media with any PB a bonus. The new IPOs have made it so much easier to win media because a big percentage of the 200 just aren't going to win media barring transfers so my 11 man portfolio is consistently picking up wins.

Not going to touch pure PB players until 'they are all in' and the true impact on price of non-media players is known.

• @mike778 How is it easier to win media buzz now then before IPOs i dont understand

• I've got Kane, Pogba, Lukaku, Alli, Jesus, Sterling, Martial, Salah, Tielemans, M'Bappe, Dembele, Onomah, Neymar, Hazard and Sane. I've gone for the young players at mainly the top of the 200 where 25 is the max age, barring Hazard. None of my portfolio has dropped. It has remained steady for around 10 days.

• @NewUser66152 because there are so many non PL players in the top 200 that the British media don't care less about. Add in that goalkeepers and defenders (unless moving clubs) generally don't make headline news your down to a very small pool of say 20 players?

• @NewUser66152 said in Is your portfolio dropping big time?:

@mike778 How is it easier to win media buzz now then before IPOs i dont understand

Because the media is concentrated on the Premier League - that is why before, the majority of the top 200 were players based in England. Now since PB and the over-priced IPOs, the top 200 is flooded by players from outside England who (outside of transfers) have close to zero chance of winning a media buzz. Because the media doesn't care about the French league.

So what we have seen is players with a chance of winning media (like Ramsey, Sturridge, Lindelof and stacks of others) drop out of the top 200 so they can't win media. All these players , if they got a winning goal in a big game would probably vulture a MB win. On the flip side, the players who have replaced them have virtually no threat to take away media wins. Is Gomez (the Atlanta one) going to win a media buzz ? Nope. Benteke is a good example - the commotion about him pinching the penalty may well have vultured a MB but with him out of the top 200 that threat has gone.

With a lot of the competition gone , its now much easier for the remaining Premier League. Today's media ranks as things stand are

1. Lukaku
    2. Hazard
    3. Ronaldo
    4. Rooney
    5. Coutinho

Of these all but Rooney will be in most media-focused portfolios.

• However alongside the changes to pb scoring (in particular the gwg being taken out/reduced) the media buzz being opened up to every player on the index seemed to prove to be a very popular proposal of the recent feedback drive. Will FI listen?

• @NewUser49172 said in Is your portfolio dropping big time?:

However alongside the changes to pb scoring (in particular the gwg being taken out/reduced) the media buzz being opened up to every player on the index seemed to prove to be a very popular proposal of the recent feedback drive. Will FI listen?

Really ?

There would be a lot of people extremely and aggressively unhappy if this was changed. Given they specifically promised that this would not happen, don't see how they could get away with it. It would almost certainly be a breach of their terms and conditions and they would be open to legal challenge from people who lost a lot of money (media players price would crash). As an absolute minimum I'd assume they would have to void the bets and return the money pre price drop.

• When was this promised? There have been a lot of unhappy traders since the introduction of the ipos and bugs resulting in players missing buzz so nothing new there. Hence the dip in the big players and money coming out the index. FI is a business and thus respond to their customer feedback in order to move forward. If a large percentage of traders feel that the media buzz has become monopolised and needs adjusting then it is fair to raise that concern and therefore FI will respond accordingly, otherwise that would be the breach of terms and conditions.

• @mike778 fantasy legal executive, nice new game you've invented for yourself there

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.