Joe Gomez vs Serge Gnabry

• Which of the above offer a better value investment ?

Joe Gomez (21) Defender, Liverpool & England - £2.92

Serge Gnabry (23) Midfielder, Bayern Munich & Germany - £2.91

Close one this and difficult to call...but I'm choosing Gnabry.

Gomez who peaked at £3.23 at the beginning of the season was available for around a quid only 12 months ago. Prior to his injury he seemed to be stabilizing at around £3. An outside bet for future media dividends and a likely contender for match day dividends. For me the biggest problem there is a fit Virgil who has a lot of responsibility and subsequent possession in this Liverpool team. I put Gomez at £2.80

Gnabry also available for a quid 12 months ago has had a good start to the season, he started the first chamions league tie against Liverpool and that looks promising for his future at Bayern. 7 goals and 5 assists this year is a decent return for a young player in a strong squad. I think Opta may have made a mistake on Gnabry. He's more center forward than center mid all day. right not he sits in the midfielder category - unlikely to win regular media dividends, he is certainly one of the midfielders with a good chance of a winning goal or a brace on match days, possibly star player dividends. I put him at £3.25

• @C-Arroyo … I hold Gnabry myself so there's my answer for you. Also, I don't do defenders on FI but that is only my personal choice.

• @gball1975

Do you have a price in mind at which you would sell Gnabry, given a future rise (using pre share split pricing) ?

• @C-Arroyo I reckon he could go £5+. Especially next season as bear in mind Robben is 35 and Ribery is 37. Also Coman is currently out for 3-4 weeks after pulling up in their last game. This is all of course just my personal opinion.

• @gball1975 if he could do it in the next three and a half a weeks to help me out in a certain forum based prediction competition, that would be just lovely 😀

• Started buying Gomez on his injury price dip. So got him at an average of £2.49.

Think he has some short term upside.

Return from injury right in business end of a championship race.

Possible England place for the nation's league.

Young and English but actually proven quality.

Beyond that he is certainly someone I could stay on for the long haul.

• I’m a Liverpool fan but on FI I’ll choose gnabry much more safer hold, more likely to get more PB than Gomez aswell.. again I think defenders are a bit risky on here the only one I got is Jonathan Tah and I’m still considering to sell up

• @RickYNWA said in Joe Gomez vs Serge Gnabry:

I’m a Liverpool fan but on FI I’ll choose gnabry much more safer hold, more likely to get more PB than Gomez aswell.. again I think defenders are a bit risky on here the only one I got is Jonathan Tah and I’m still considering to sell up

@RickYNWA said in Joe Gomez vs Serge Gnabry:

I’m a Liverpool fan but on FI I’ll choose gnabry much more safer hold, more likely to get more PB than Gomez aswell.. again I think defenders are a bit risky on here the only one I got is Jonathan Tah and I’m still considering to sell up

I think Tah is a cracking bargain on here. I put his value at around £2.75. However I think he's destined to play at a bigger club and Liverpool would be right up there in my list of prime candidates.

• @Allams-Out said in Joe Gomez vs Serge Gnabry:

Started buying Gomez on his injury price dip. So got him at an average of £2.49.

Think he has some short term upside.

Return from injury right in business end of a championship race.

Possible England place for the nation's league.

Young and English but actually proven quality.

Beyond that he is certainly someone I could stay on for the long haul.

So in the short term, Gomez is proving the better investment. 52p better off in old money.

But now I'm wavering in whether to take the profit and sell up or hold on. He still has the potential of the other short term boosts I mentioned and long term i see him as a fixture for England.

But saying all that he's already at a good price for a defender and there are those injury concerns.

So do I stick or flip?

• I wouldn't go for either... Gnabry has recently hit the first team and playing well... But every player Bayern are linked with seems to be a winger... So it tells me they don't see Gnabry as long term successor to Robben... And he will become rotation option again. Not much MB potential as I suspect right now he will be happy being a backup at Bayern for another season.

Gomez coming back from injury has to move to CB due to TAA becoming pretty dominant at RB. Vvd locks down one place and will probably put score in PB and MB every time.

• Get out mate, the share split restructure killed him, as well as a lot of other household names.
    I expect some serious depreciation.
    In this case I don't think MB will be a saving grace, regardless of high profile games for club and country.

• two players... one word.. potential...

both destined for big things, both for one reason or another have had stuttering starts... Ze Germans love Gnabry and should he kick on he could be a very important player for Bayern and Die Mannschaft for a good few years to come... If he doesn't fulfill his promise then where does he go from there?? Back down the Bundesliga? I worry that when I watch him I don't see enough quality from him when it really matters (thinking v Liverpool, Ajax, Dortmund earlier this season) but intrestingly his national team record is very good.. much better than his Bayern Munich record... I wonder is he better suited to a mid table team where he can use his pace on the break for sides that don't have as much ball time? With Bayern you need a bit more intelligence in the final third than Gnabry currently offers?

With Gomez you cannot argue with his qualities, the boy is assured, composed, intelligent, and could be a great footballer for England for many years... I just worry that he has a touch of the Ledley Kings (or for older readers Paul McGrath's) about him... both in quality and track record for injuries.. these are the only thing for me that will hamper his career.. but if he can avoid them for long enough I see good, solid, stability... whereas with Gnabry i feel his career is more of a gamble down to whether he can kick on to the next level or not...?

• @C-Arroyo How come the reason for the share split killing them? I don't hold either and am pretty neutral on both so not disagreeing with you. Just wondering your logic.

• @NewUser731

Until I have finished my portfolio transition, I'm only prepared to offer a hint as to my "logic".

Though I will post a "follow the white rabbit" thread in the near future (7-14 days).

What I'll offer at this time is this :

The dividend restructure and splitting of shares has generated movements in player values.
    In general terms, top players have been hit hard.
    There is significantly more value elsewhere. In particular for GK's at those very same top clubs.

• @Vespasian32 Gomez doesn't have to more to centre half because of TAA, he is a centre half!!! He was just given games at RB to get him in the team. He's 100% a centre half going forward and isn't being moved because off TAA at all he's LFC's second choice CB after VVD!! That said he will probably play RB against Spurs on Sunday!! 😂

• @C-Arroyo Gomez is English!! This seems to matter on here for some reason?! See Mason Greenwood!!!

• @9stevo

See him what ?

Do I have to close my eyes and use my imagination ?
    Is this why it is called the Theatre of Dreams ?

• @C-Arroyo see him doing fuck all and being worth a fortune!! Oh yes a good imagination is vital mate!!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.