Share split announcement

• So, time to think about “If you were in charge of FootballINDEX what would you do with the shares split / dividends?”
    I have my own idea and would like to gauge others points of view on the subject

I think they will
    Split by 4
    PB 1-2-3p, star man 1-2-3p (PB to stay the same, star player to double)
    MB 2p - Treble MB 3-2-1p (62.5% rise)
    Goal and clean sheet 1p (dividends doubled, defs should be 1.5p?)
    Assist 0.5p (Again doubled)

FI is a business, they may want to increase dividends whilst encouraging more trading (in play) and more higher price / risk / commissions holds (MB)

• @Ermejo That sounds logical. I'm not convinced about increasing MB so much though. That would really distort the market towards MB focused players, although saying that, I can't see a clean alternative to the rounding problem. To offset this increase in MB, they could also improve PB with perhaps the addition of a separate GK category. Although again, this would also distort the market.

I would also be surprised if they matched star man to the positional dividends.

What I think will happen
    X4 split
    PB - 1p, 2p, 3p
    Star Player - 0.5p, 1p, 2p
    MB - 2p
    Triple MB - 0.5p, 1p, 2p
    G&A/ IPD
    1p goal, 0.5p assist

What I would like

In short, increase PB and offset by reducing MB.

X4 split
    PB - 2p, 3p, 4p
    Star Player - 1p, 2p, 3p
    MB - 1p
    Triple MB - 0.5p, 1p, 2p
    G&A/ IPD
    Remove completely

• Forgot to mention I think MB will be open for everyone to win and the increase would then be justified by the reduced charges of wins as per Mike poll on twitter a while back would suggest

• If anything is to be increased then I think it should be PB. There is no skill needed to win MB. You just buy Pogba. PB though is harder to win and so should be rewarded more for it. I would probably have a different opinion mind if I had the MB players.

• I personally think PB is a long term liability for FI and by nature traders tend to hold long term so little returns and huge payouts
    MB is also a long term liability and has huge payouts however the return on commissions and spreads is far greater and every time one of the big boys has significant drops due to whatever reason (Pogba -Mou, Neymar-injury, Ronaldo-Rape) FI makes a mint in commissions and spreads
    In play generates loads of trading before, during and after the games, is attractive to gamblers looking for that short term excitement and generates loads commissions and instant selling which are both good for FI bank balance
    Lastly, FI will keep a divis increase in reserve and drop that ace up their sleeves later this year, could be in the form of a PB increase alongside a new PB scoring system matrix at the beginning of next season?
    Just my 10p

• I think Mb will be opened up and everything else stays the same.
    Pb will be increased for the new season.

• I agree with a couple of posters here that the focus should be increasing PB over MB. MB is a cash cow for those holding the top players (and I count myself among them), but the fact that it rotates between such a small pool of players means that if MB was increased significantly, the top end of the market would become even more distorted in price.

A PB increase is the way to go to encourage more logical trading around dividends and not just chasing the latest young player for capital appreciation - so the market would stabilise again and become more readable for those willing to do their homework. The fact that we do see a diverse range of players winning it, depending on who's playing that day, does also mean you can win PB by making savvy trades and without having to own the big boys.

I would prefer a PB increase over MB for this reason - it would make the whole market more balanced and more fair, in my opinion. There are PB players to suit all budgets if you look closely enough, so it doesn't just reward those with the biggest portfolios, as MB does.

Also - opening up MB to the whole index is fine, but I can't see it making any real difference. My preference would be to add more news outlets, including more reliable foreign sources, to correct the current skew towards English football.

• @HUFCPaul said in Share split announcement:

If anything is to be increased then I think it should be PB. There is no skill needed to win MB. You just buy Pogba. PB though is harder to win and so should be rewarded more for it. I would probably have a different opinion mind if I had the MB players.

You share my thoughts exactly.
    I have mates that are football nutty, with no real betting experience and they haven’t even signed up because they see it basically as you put it.
    They are the fantasy football breed, they’re not interested.
    On the other hand, I love football but in my adult years my interest has largely been driven by money making (or losing) opportunities. My theoretical (active portfolio) profit on deposits is practically 50% in the five months I’ve been here which is obviously a handsome return.
    However, I doubt I will go on at the point when capital gains slow to a crawl whether it be in six months or three years. For all it’s more about the money a degree of realism would be welcome.
    At that point I don’t see stacking up on the top 3 media players as a worthwhile venture and once capital growth slows and current dividends become the only real goal trading will slow and FI will have torrents of dividends to pay out.
    The platform is far to media orientated. But they are the rules and people have ports built around it. So what do you do?

• By basic point in amongst that waffle is the slogan “what’s your football knowledge worth” is basically nothing (IMO).

• Adam Cole has already said Football Index would like to keep dividends at round 1ps. However being realistic they will use ¼, ½ and ¾ of a penny in the new payouts because it allows them to keep the structure of the current dividend system. I'm not expecting a massive incease in yeilds on the new pay out table on the 18th.

• I think GK may be put in own PB bracket. It makes sense for FI as it means more trades on a quiet market so far. And would be seen as a bonus to players as a chance to get in at very low prices on GKs.

• I think MB will be increased under the new structure. After all, that was what was hinted at with the poll.

Would you be happy if MB was open to all instead of the top 200, if dividends yields were increased.

^^^
    That was roughly what was asked - so that's what I'm expecting.

As for their being no skill in picking MB winners & PB should be increased. Well, I could say the same about PB as it's a lottery & that's why you see 70p & 80p players winning it regularly.

Agreed, most of the same faces win MB buts that's why you pay a premium for the MB players like Pogba & Neymar.

That's the whole point.... 🙄

• @Ericali said in Share split announcement:

I think MB will be increased under the new structure. After all, that was what was hinted at with the poll.

Would you be happy if MB was open to all instead of the top 200, if dividends yields were increased.

^^^
    That was roughly what was asked - so that's what I'm expecting.

As for their being no skill in picking MB winners & PB should be increased. Well, I could say the same about PB as it's a lottery & that's why you see 70p & 80p players winning it regularly.

Agreed, most of the same faces win MB buts that's why you pay a premium for the MB players like Pogba & Neymar.

That's the whole point.... 🙄

They will open up Mb and increase divs to offset the big boys losing potential Mb days, FI hinted very heavily at this.
    It will be good news for transfer target holders for the summer.
    The losers will be big boys who gain Mb during the season. Delafeo scored a hatrick the other night and Pogba won MB, that would end you would think.

• The top 200 was a closed shop & now they are potentially opening it up to 2,000+ players so damn right the MB payouts should be increased in compensation.

If you are expecting a PB increase then why? 🤔

If they made 2 new PB leagues eligible like Portugal & Holland then yes, I would rightly want a PB increase because you are widening the net so more players can win, so you'd have a sound reasoning for a PB increase. 👍

• @Tom77 agreed, you would think the top guys would be upset more often - but that's the purpose of the proposed dividends increase to compensate.

Which is fair enough... 👍

• @Ericali said in Share split announcement:

@Tom77 agreed, you would think the top guys would be upset more often - but that's the purpose of the proposed dividends increase to compensate.

Which is fair enough... 👍

Exactly, all the Pogba is king because has a new hair cut will come to an abrupt end.
    Sorry if that sounds like scaremongering in case anyone jumps down my throat but its pretty obvious.

• @Tom77

And that is precisely my point. There are dividends being paid because Pogba has a new haircut or thrown a tantrum!
    That doesn’t back up the “what’s your football knowledge worth” slogan.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Share split announcement:

@Tom77

And that is precisely my point. There are dividends being paid because Pogba has a new haircut or thrown a tantrum!
    That doesn’t back up the “what’s your football knowledge worth” slogan.

I know.

Opening up Mb to the squad will get rid of that though, only actual football news will win most of the time, players from West Ham,Burnley,Leicester or whatever will have a chance of MB.

• @Tom77 agreed, I was surprised bale won mb the other night for being angry rather than winning the game. this nonsense has to end , I think pogba will lose the top dog crown too, id much rather see a fairer media buzz being won purely down to the performances they give on the pitch and during the summer its all about transfer targets which is great too. I recall last season or maybe beginning of this(I cant remember), luis suarez destroyed real madrid with a hat trick and wasn't anywhere near winning media buzz. just doesn't make sense. the closed shop british only press things has to end if fi truly wants to branch out. if scoring a hat trick while humiliating madrid doesn't win the buzz of the day, something is wrong imo

• @Ericali I don’t really see how opening MB up to every other player will make a difference. The players who are in the papers are those in the top 200 (top 10 to be more precise) so very very slim chance of a left back from Rennes or Levante winning any MB if it was open to them.