PB Defenders

• I am currently restructuring (or maybe just having a structure) to be dividend based returns.
    I’m looking to get 1 PB standard player in each position in each qualifying league.

At the minute I want to sort my defenders, mainly because they are generally more affordable.

So far I have Kimmich (Seems to be the most obvious choice of any player on the index) and Marquinhos but looking for recommendations for the remaining leagues.
    EPL
    La Liga
    Serie A

• Having only been on FI for around a month now, i have seen a lot of advice and support for using IndexGain. Its an unofficial football index trader community forum and mobile app that connects you with other traders and arms you with all your football index data. This can provide a database with exactly what you are looking for, it has a dividends winners table that can be filtered for your requirement.

I am looking to do exactly the same strategy as you have suggested, however, what i have found is that the main PB top performers are the usually Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc etc, the big guns.

Hope this helps.

• Asamoah - Inter 24p
    Tah - Leverkuesen 18p
    Guerreiro - Dortmund 18p
    Zagadou - Dortmund 12p
    VVD - Liverpool 6p CL
    Gomez - Liverpool (inj) 8p CL
    Laporte - Man City 6p CL
    Stones - Man City 4p CL
    Vertonghen - Spurs 18p
    Mandi - Betis 18p
    Pique - Barca 18p CL
    Digne - Everton 24p
    Tete - Lyon 12p
    Alves - PSG 24p CL
    Albiol - Napoli 18p
    Nkoulou - Torino 12p

• @John-D certainly gave me a few to look at.

I will research a few later and go from there.

I think we all wish Alves was younger, could only imagine his price! Maybe a £10 defender!

• @AdyH yeah probably too old, a very short term investment.

• Akanji, zagadou
    Bartra, Mandi
    Tah
    Digne
    Herelle

Have all looked good for PB

• Any Dortmund defender
    Tah
    Mandi
    Koulibaly
    Van Dijk
    Sokratis
    Pique
    Luiz
    Herelle

• Kenny lala

How could I forget him?

• Ramos. Penalty taker, always good for a goal. Kimmich a bit pricey now he's predominantly a defender and not a midfielder.

• Mendy- absolute beast if fit!

• @Dan-w Oh and he's down 7p since a certain index game started! Top up time 🤣

• @Westy is he ever fit?

• Tah
    Zagadou
    Kimmich
    Mendy
    These are the ones i hold

• @John-D nope...but if..if he he gets back he could go up £2 easy. So worth a punt i think.

• @Westy yes good shout. Mendy & Sokratis are my current defenders for PB - Romagnoli for some capital (hopefully).

Looking at Zagadou and Tah once their price bottoms from being dumped out of Europe (so pretty much now)

• @John-D said in PB Defenders:

Asamoah - Inter 24p
    Tah - Leverkuesen 18p
    Guerreiro - Dortmund 18p
    Zagadou - Dortmund 12p
    VVD - Liverpool 6p CL
    Gomez - Liverpool (inj) 8p CL
    Laporte - Man City 6p CL
    Stones - Man City 4p CL
    Vertonghen - Spurs 18p
    Mandi - Betis 18p
    Pique - Barca 18p CL
    Digne - Everton 24p
    Tete - Lyon 12p
    Alves - PSG 24p CL
    Albiol - Napoli 18p
    Nkoulou - Torino 12p

Excellent list, some additional players:

Bonucci - 32p
    Marquinhos -32p
    Kolarov -30p

• @Victory marquinhos YES- feels like he's been around ages, but still relatively young. Good PB average.

• I’d also add Akanji as one to keep an eye on. I bought some recently so I do hold, coming back from an injury which coincided with a dip in Dortmund’s form defensively. I’m not saying go buy as need to see how his PB goes when he’s playing regularly, but def worth a watch. Not the cheapest at 2.70 currently but still only 23.

Also Koulibally, murmurs of a PL transfer in the summer and regular for Napoli, and (if I remember correctly) not a bad PB score run recently

• @LaneyNights I agree on the Akanji choice. I bought into him during his injury and very much looking forward to him getting back to regular game time. Another good value Bundesliga option.

• @AdyH stefan de vrij was class when he was at Lazio and scored a fair few but seems to just defends these days which has meant his buzz scores have dropped but at his current price he only need a couple of goals for a decent rise again.

For the record I have held and sold up to reinvest but still think he's a bargain.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.