When to hold on to a player?

• Hi guys I am new to this, what advice would you give to holding onto a player for the long term gain? Or is it a case of just sell when you think the price has peaked.
    For eg I have Declan Rice from WHU

• @NewUser271342

In the case of Declan Rice I think his price will eventually drop back to around Β£3 however before it does I think people are holding him whilst awaiting the next England squad announcement.

As soon as that is accounced his price will sharply move one way or the other so keep your eye on that.

• Buy a player when you think he's value, have a percentage profit target in mind, which when he reaches sell on & repeat the process indefinitely.

Split your bank into 4 cash pots & do it with 4 players at a time. πŸ‘

• @Ericali said in When to hold on to a player?:

Buy a player when you think he's value, have a percentage profit target in mind, which when he reaches sell on & repeat the process indefinitely.

Split your bank into 4 cash pots & do it with 4 players at a time. πŸ‘

Eric. Fancy being my financial advisor?
    After laying every PL fav last night (bar United who were too big @ 11/8 v Palace) I could probably use someone with your nous!

• @Timothee-Atouba ooohff.... Nasty. πŸ™„

Clean sweep of losses their then - you can have that little snippet of advice for free thought. 😁

• Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice it’s very much appreciated, like I said I am very new to this.

So in general sell when you have gained a certain percentage of that player.
    How about long term gains on a new and upcoming potential star? Would you hold that player for 12 months plus for example?

Cheers again

• @NewUser271342

Tailor your strategy to the type of player & reason you bought them; ppl were very smug when selling Neymar & Pogba for Β£5/6 mostly having doubled their money or more - doesn't look quite so smart now they are Β£20+. I bought Ramsey in the Summer for 265 as his contract negotiations were uncertain & sold a few weeks ago at 465 on the Juve hype but have just bought back at 280 as he looks to be an advanced mid cum no. 10 for Juve next year. I bought Pepe/Lille at 334 & was tempted to sell when he was Β£7+ a few weeks ago but held on & he's back down at 628 so I could have bought back cheaper but feel the risk is still pretty good for another rise. So timing is often everything & there are no right or wrong strategies but selling for X% gain will often mean you miss out on very large rises. There are plenty of trading opportunities but also lots of good long term holds so you can decide which you prefer or can afford to do but often a mixture of strategies is the most successful over time. Some PB/MB holds. young potentials, transfer specs, IPD plays, hidden gems you think might come good, short term punts etc.

For what it's worth on Rice he's had a lot of attention due to his switch & potential but ultimately he's a def mid & the best player in that position in EPL is Kante who's 145 so I would not be buying at his current 415 but not to say he can't rise but I see much better value elsewhere personally.

• @NewUser159387 thank you so much for your feedback, it makes more sense now cheers

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.