Copa America 2019

• General topic I know but who do you think will be the 'stars' of Copa America this summer??

• Brazil will be strongly fancied hosting the tournament, Neymar hasn't played much football this year so he will want to be there on home soil.

Has Messi still retired? 🤔

Maybe a few new faces will shine for the big teams, Pavon & Martinez for Argentina, Morelos for Colombia & VJ, Rodrygo & Pedro Guilherme for Brazil. (If back to fitness)

• Paqueta is getting called up by the looks of it.

• always depends on who gets picked i suspect???? I've watched many a year when Argentina & Brazil haven't been at full strength for one reason or another...

Certainly hope Paqueta plays for Brazil and i've been keeping an eye on Gabigols form of late (Gabriel Barbosa) who i think could be star of the show as tournament top scorer... Will Vinicius & Gabriel Jesus get called up??? I hope so!!! More likely though it'll be the likes of Pedro of Fluminense or Everton of Gremio that get in the squad ahead of the busy 'tired' European based stars?

Argentina could be an interesting bet depending on how their squad shapes up? Cervi at Benfica, Lautaro at Inter and Lo Celso at Betis could all do well 'IF' selected... I wouldn't put it past someone like Roberto Pereyra or Franco Vazquez to be star of the competition though? I would like to see the team built around the likes of Pavon & Palacios and hope that Santiago Ascacibar gets out there because he and Lo Celso could be the future of Argentina's midfield for me.

Of the rest I suspect Quintero for Colombia, Almiron of Paraguay and his old Atlanta teammate Josef Martinez of Venezuala to all do well? Obviously Uruguay will be strong and probably have the best eleven out of all nations on paper?

Don't forget Japan & Qatar are in this years Copa which could add some Asian complexity and remember they'll also be a certain Peruvian who can run faster then the wind!!!!!!!!!

His name though escapes me for now...

• @Tom77 they reserved his place early... 😐

• @Ericali VJ hopefully as thankfully called up and Willian out of this squad (need to see some green coming from this lad) and Morelos should definitely be on the plane.

• @gball1975 looks like the manager is looking to the future.

I was looking at the squad this morning & Brazil are a bit left side heavy at the minute. VJ, Richardson, Everton & Anderson all in the current squad.

Obviously, this is Neymar's position when fit, Firmino has been playing central in the last 4 friendlies with Jesus there in the World Cup & every man and his dog has had a go on the ride hand side, Coutinho, Willian, Jesus & Richarlison to name a few...

Looks like VJ could be auditioning for Neymar's stand-in & there is a opening in the central & right wing spots in the managers 4-3-3 formation.

• @Ericali Spot on analysis … was doing just the same thing about an hour ago

• @Ericali said in Copa America 2019:

@gball1975 looks like the manager is looking to the future.

I was looking at the squad this morning & Brazil are a bit left side heavy at the minute. VJ, Richardson, Everton & Anderson all in the current squad.

Obviously, this is Neymar's position when fit, Firmino has been playing central in the last 4 friendlies with Jesus there in the World Cup & every man and his dog has had a go on the ride hand side, Coutinho, Willian, Jesus & Richarlison to name a few...

Looks like VJ could be auditioning for Neymar's stand-in & there is a opening in the central & right wing spots in the managers 4-3-3 formation.

Most teams are full of right footers, not seen anyone suggest they are a bit right sided heavy 🧐👍

Paqueta is taking coutinhio’s spot.

• If this competition is going to PB eligible, I hope we get notified in good time. If they announce it the week before there will be a flurry of panic selling and buying which will hugely disrupt the market. I’d say about now is the time to announce it so we can plan sensibly.

• @Coleyscrooge
    To clarify Copa America is NOT included as eligible games towards in game play / dividends. But the tournament itself and performance will still have a factor on the rise / fall of players of course.

• @gball1975 that we know of

There is plenty of speculation it will be included to make the summer on FI more interesting, my point is that if that is the case it will be good to know as early as possible.

• @dannypea ascacibar, totally agree, what a little terrier in midfield. Wont be at stuttgart for much longer imo

• This post is deleted!

• @Coleyscrooge said in Copa America 2019:

@gball1975 that we know of

There is plenty of speculation it will be included to make the summer on FI more interesting, my point is that if that is the case it will be good to know as early as possible.

It's a good point. I was thinking about the summer recently and what FI plan to do to make it more interesting. We can't have triple MB every day for months surely? And what about IPD & G&A, do they end this a month before the season ends and then start back up a month before it starts?

Last season we were fortunate to have the World Cup which was great, watching games with a vested interest kept us going. No reason they couldn't add this tournament and the African Cup of Nations to break up the summer a little?

As you say, FI should announce this soon though so that we can prepare. Anyone know how far in advance the World Cup announcement was made for comparison?

• This post is deleted!

• What about Exequiel Palacios? Any idea if he may get a call up? Nahitan Nandez for Uruguay could impress, was linked with a transfer to Europe in January so I imagine scouts would be looking.

• This post is deleted!

• I think a couple of months of treble media would be good. It’d bring the two tournaments into it, those players in the uk and Europe would get press. It’d save clogging the place up with pointless IPOs of 38 year old eithiopian ( are they in it?) second choice fullbacks that will never feature again (like a lot of these World Cup hangovers that are pumped and dumped).

Let’s leave them out!

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.