Lukaku

• Having frustratingly held since I started FI in mid October, Romelu had amassed a total of 2p dividends and been on a steady decline (other than a brief period when Mourinho left). Due to a slight knock to Rashford he's suddenly become an MB machine, twice in 2 days with a 3rd MB win looking likely. Crazy stuff as it's come out of the blue completely and he's not particularly done anything of note. Not that i'm complaining mind!

• I've continued to hold as potential moves in the summer also.

• yes, only yesterday morning I was berating him, but another goal last night and looking good for treble MB I bought in this morning. 50 @ £4.32 I can see some value in him based on previous highs and potentially either a run of form and getting back in Utd contention, or a summer move.

But I hold no love for the player so tbh i'll have one eye on the door and probably exit if he gets to £5

• frustrating player who often looks out of sorts, doesn't bring teammates into play that well, his hold up play is poor, workrate not particularly above average and passing and even finishing at best alright... BUT... he does score goals and on average will net one every two games and in this day and age (where if a striker plays more than one game in a row it's a shock) its pretty respectable even though footballers now need to seemingly add more to their game than goals because high pressing and 'putting a shift in' with 'quality in possession' are a must for any team in the top six of the biggest, best, baldest and most unforgiving league in the world.

Not that any of the above makes a difference of course... Just the simple fact that most Brits think 'Lukaku is sh*t' is reason enough not to invest for me!!!

I hope he proves everyone wrong because goalscorers don't grow on trees... Lukaku is better than he's given credit for but probably not better than £5 or £6 in the grand scheme of things.... Fact that Ole prefers Rashford doesn't help his PB status but depending on who's in charge in the summer he could get some interest from elsewhere? MB for a few weeks perhaps but the fact that he's not great on the ball won't help him in becoming a regular PB threat?

The general feeling is if he doesn't score, he doesn't contribute...

• I'm pretty sure I've had this debate before.
    Or was it Harry Kane lol

Anyway, I'm singing now...Romelu, Romelu.

Utd fans and Liverpool fans are so fickle here.
    People seem to forget Lukaku is a potential goal machine and media magnet.

Boring people said....Well they're not familiar with Jigga and Damon Dash then. Not familiar with FIFA, or basketball or the Thong Song.

Juan Mata is boring.
    Ander Herrera is boring.

Pogba is not boring....but the media is wary of saturation, whilst knowing there's always a good market in Utd.

MB is a young mans game, particularly with the increasing influence of social media - If Benjamin Mendy was a UTD striker he'd be £50 here.

There are 3 players at UTD who aint shy. Pogba, Lingard and Lukaku.
    They are as competitive on twitter as they are on the pitch.

When you sign with Rocafella and the DD enterprise, regularly featuring in the media is a stipulation in your contract.
    The label was founded on a principle, social Darwinism.

Btw, Jay Z happens to be a Gooner like myself, but we both appreciate the potential productivity of Romelu Lukaku.

He plays the game well, off the pitch. The media I hope is beginning to arrive at an understanding, Romelu plays ball very well. It becomes mutually productive.

Lukaku is highly intelligent, he knows exactly what's needed to manage and market himself and his own career. He does so expertly.
    He is every bit as good a business man as he is a sportsman.

He's more humble than either Pogba or Lingard. However that's a good thing for long term sustainability in regard to long term MB.
    He's going to consistently feature in the media and I'm confident he will be doing so at an increasing rate.

This is one player who doesn't need to move to China to make a buck. He is engaged with modern western culture, he emerges well within that environment and he has the right people supporting him.

• @dannypea "Lukaku is sht" to most Brits? If so, why the UK Media can't stop bothering that sht and he 's won loads of MB so far.

To me, Ole prefers Rashford and he also likes Lukaku. He has said that Lukaku and Rashford can play together and there are some games they played together. If you look at the stats, Lukaku and Rashford have more or less the same minutes to play in this season. Lukaku has 1 more goal than Rashford. Lukaku has won more MB than Rashford and none of them can be a regular PB winner.

• @Victory said in Lukaku:

@dannypea "Lukaku is sht" to most Brits? If so, why the UK Media can't stop bothering that sht and he 's won loads of MB so far.

To me, Ole prefers Rashford and he also likes Lukaku. He has said that Lukaku and Rashford can play together and there are some games they played together. If you look at the stats, Lukaku and Rashford have more or less the same minutes to play in this season. Lukaku has 1 more goal than Rashford. Lukaku has won more MB than Rashford and none of them can be a regular PB winner.

This season lukaku has 12p and rashford 39p. Rashford is on the up stock is rising.
    Lukaku has more Mb overall because most of his Mb was generated with the move to Man U from everton.

• @Tom77
    Mike Phelan biting his nails before kick off has given Lukaku 140 points towards today's MB!! Something surely has to change with the system

• @Tom77 Lukaku is going to wind the triple media today, what a sh*t!

• Maybe someone can explain to me why Mason Greenwood costs more money ???

I just finished rebuilding my portfolio and though all my players (120 of them) are below 28yo, only 6 of my players are under 22 and I don't own a single player under the age of 20.

That's either very good for me short term, or very bad for me long term, but I'm wagering that these prices on youngsters are hyper inflated and they have to come down some time after the split.

I have 2 dividends today from two proven players who will be at their peak during the next 3 years, surely that's where prices should be highest.
    However I can honestly say I've never seen Greenwood play.
    I've seen a little Hudson Odoi, but nothing to merit overtaking Sterling in price.
    Apparently Sancho is the new GOAT

• @C-Arroyo

Be careful with the hype for youngster being English, playing for a big club like United & Chelsea. Greenwood price is madness. For Hudson Odoi, If you are optimistic, he can be another Sterling (but his price is already higher than Sterling now). If you are pessimistic, he can be another Kakuta. If FI were there when Kakuta was sub in a match for Chelsea for the first few times, his price could have been rocketed like Odoi now.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.