DOMINIK SZOBOSZLAI

• I am a relative newbie to football index but really enjoying the ride.
    Today after a bit of research I purchased my first player on a new iPo day.

I kept refreshing the page and suddenly his name came up but he's ipo price of 90p had rocketed within a split second to around the 160 mark.

My first question is does anyone get these players near ipo price at all?
    It just seems pot luck to me.

Second question is what do you think are the prospects of this player.
    I understand he is very young and that does not always equal a great future but with Bayern Munich and Arsenal among a few clubs interested in him it gives me some confidence that given time he could be an interesting prospect.
    He looks good from dead ball positions and technically looks good.

Cheers for any response.
    Gary

• You have to be very quick, as in...two or three seconds, to get them at a decent price,

• The in demand ipo's will rise 50-100% before a human can get involved.

As for Szoboszlai. Know nowt about him but being at a Red Bull team gives him the opportunity for progression.

• Generally I find IPOs double on their release, but leave it a week and they settle down back to around 150%ish of their IPO price (apart from the really popular wonderkids of course).

So wait a bit, and he should move back down a bit.

• Cheers for the responses.
    At least I know what to expect from a new ipo.
    Basically add at least 50 percent to the initial ip price.

As for Szoboszlai (what a name that is so spell) ,well I did my research and he still looks the best prospect from todays new players but as we all know time will tell.

• @kristiang85 said in DOMINIK SZOBOSZLAI:

Generally I find IPOs double on their release, but leave it a week and they settle down back to around 150%ish of their IPO price (apart from the really popular wonderkids of course).

So wait a bit, and he should move back down a bit.

Usually, but someone like DS has genuine value - compete for PB in EL games this season, already linked to big clubs, if those rumours don't progress there is the RBL link. Salzburg youngsters are a good investment - he may fluctuate, but I think he will rise to £1.90 ish in the next few weeks.

• @Vespasian32
    Agreed 100%
    I've bought a few shares as I've been following him before the IPO.
    He ticks a lot of boxes for me. Young, CAM, plays for a team that nurtures talent, linked with big clubs in the prem, and we get to see him in EL so we can properly assesses his PB. It's annoying I couldn't get him @ 0.9 even though I was refreshing for 30mins straight.

• Where is the ipo page?

• @Vespasian32 see he got 114 PB tonight and price has moved up slightly.

• He’s going to struggle to ever win MB with a name like that

• @Chris-J commentators worst nightmare 😂

• Very impressive this lad. played against the cream of Italy in Napoli and didnt look out of place. Only 18 but tasked with most set pieces last night. Full debut now and a call up to the national team. His stock is rising for sure.

• @Dalien-Smith
    annnndddddddd now he's back in non PB land

• Ye maybe don't go rushing in yet but I'd have him on the radar. PB friendly clubs such as Juventus have been circling but very early days. Salzburg is a gold mine for top young European talent.

• Got an assisst against Napoli in Europa league followed by a goal for Salzburg today.
    This guy is 18 years of age and coming of age quickly.
    Only just started to feature in the first team but he is taking his chance.

• I tried to do some research into this guy after reading this thread a few days ago but couldn’t find many reports on him

Definitely flying under the radar if he is as good as the OP thinks he is - maybe now is the time to invest before he starts getting more attention?

• @Chris-J Here is a link from last month with interest from Arsenal so hope this helps.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/11/arsenal-interested-signing-dominik-szoboszlai-8521151/

Also interest from Juventus and Bayern but not all rumours come to fruition and he still has lots to learn but has to be on anyone's radar.

• First league start and he's scored a goal. Looking at the game stats he was definitely a key contributor in dribbling and pass completion. Good solid start.