Short term flips strategy

• Thought i would share one of my short term flipping strategies

Some ideas for traders to have a look at

https://www.footieindexblog.co.uk/single-post/2017/10/27/Building-a-Strategy-Short-term-flips

• interesting theory... would be keen to see how the prices of Muriel (0.53) Ben Yedder (0.92) Falcao (1.40) and say Thorgan Hazard (1.03) go from now until kick off tomorrow night? I'm no flipper but can see why it excites folk and basing the theory around beating the competition to buying the top players at lowest prices prior to playing on less competitive nights (Mon/Thu/Fri) if these do rise in value in the way you say they should it might be a strategy worth considering?

• The logic is okay but I think you need to be willing to have a longer term hold as well or else you run the risk of having nonsense in your portfolio or selling at a loss. I'd be looking further ahead to Monday...Everton Vs Swansea.

Williams, Holgate, Sigurdsson, Rooney

• Thanks for the feed back guys.

This is just one strategy i use and the pattern is quite consistent.

It does not worķ all the time but if u cut your losses quickly its profitable over the long term.

• @NewUser71838 said in Short term flips strategy:

Thanks for the feed back guys.

It does not worķ all the time but if u cut your losses quickly its profitable over the long term.

It used to work well for me before the ipo stuff. But now it doesnt

• Think it's a good strategy mate I used it for last nights sevilla game bought Ben yedder early on in the week and he was up 11p yesterday before kickoff now he's gone down 12p since the game although obviously it won't work everytime but it's a strategy I will be using more often.. been a massive help mate

• This used to be a very effective strategy but the new IPOs seriously hit it.

Suppose the question is why did you post it ? If you have strategies like this that work, the worst thing you can do is talk about it. The more people that do it, the less money you make - posting it on an online forum seems to be a brain-fart of the highest order - for the same reason people getting the cheap IPOs wouldn't talk about how they did it.

• @Porky said in Short term flips strategy:

@NewUser71838 said in Short term flips strategy:

Thanks for the feed back guys.

It used to work well for me before the ipo stuff. But now it doesn't

Yeah its a shame, used to be able to reliably get 10% or so per trade but that is completely out the window now. Falcao on Friday nights was a cash cow. Just doesn't work anymore reliably - margins aren't big enough after commission to justify the risk.

• @mike778
    I used this strategy the last CL game a week and a half ago. Its just about picking the right players rather than jumping on any player so still works.

Its more about me sharing how i build a strategy, i used an example to give it some context but how i build is the same no matter how im flipping the player.

• @NewUser71838 it's appreciated that you take the time to share your ideas, hopefully the forum will continue to be used in this way

• @NewUser9338 Thank you

• @NewUser9338 - totally agree, this adds value to the forum.

For me, it's not about having a secret strategy - it's about developing a strategy that works for you and your personal circumstance. Taking a variety of factors into account, such as risk level, accessibility and time frame.

• @NewUser24858 Good to hear it helped you mate.