Bobby duncan

• Is he still worth getting on at £2.14

• Yea straddle up it will be a cheap ride , lube up too

• Nope he’ll drop. He’s scored a few goals for the reserves, I wouldn’t chance it.

• @Thedave said in Bobby duncan:

Nope he’ll drop. He’s scored a few goals for the reserves, I wouldn’t chance it.

Well clearly he WAS still worth getting on at £2.14, as he is now trading at £2.62!
    But NOW he is not worth getting on 😎. Absolute hold though. Massive prospect (plus he is Steven Gerrards cousin so an MB earner for the future undoubtedly).

• Oh but if Mike mentions anything about him on Talksport today then I'd expect the £3 barrier to be broken (Mike Bohan is a Red so I'd imagine he'll know about Duncans potential and will be happy to let everyone else know too 😜)

• yeah get on him!!! could be the next Neil Mellor so if he gets his debut in the US tour this summer followed by an off the bench appearance at Accrington in the Carabao Cup he'll probably be worth £10+ come October!!!

• @dannypea said in Bobby duncan:

yeah get on him!!! could be the next Neil Mellor so if he gets his debut in the US tour this summer followed by an off the bench appearance at Accrington in the Carabao Cup he'll probably be worth £10+ come October!!!

At the risk of looking foolish (in 3yrs time) let's save this eh Danny? 😊

• @ScouseSte please do!!!

I honestly believe he'll be £10 plus before he kicks a ball in the league!!!

• @dannypea said in Bobby duncan:

@ScouseSte please do!!!

I honestly believe he'll be £10 plus before he kicks a ball in the league!!!

Oh dammit I thought you were being sarcastic 😂.
    Yes, if Mason Greenwood is any kind of yardstick then you are probably right mate 🙈

• Well if he is £5-10 before a ball is kicked as is currently happening on the index, then were all fools not to jump on board, all aboard. How many missed opportunities has there been by saying not worth that, overpriced, but they are increasing in price regardless of what we think it should be, it's happening all the time. 😀

• @John-D
    At some point realism will kick in. If you discount sterling who they bought from QPR, no Liverpool graduates have made it as top premier league players.

Apparently according to the index, Brewster, TAA, Duncan, Curtis Jones, Adam Lewis , Harry Wilson, whoever is top scorer for the u23s next year are all going to be stars. Before this season you could add Woodburn to the list.

It's possible of course but the laws of averages say that probably only TAA will make it. So with players like Duncan it's a matter of playing the greater fool game. As a punt he is worth about 50p really on the off chance, he is the one in 100. It's anyone's guess as to how inflated he will get though.

• @mike778 I agree TAA could be the exception. I'm a liverpool fan. Not many make it, most end up elsewhere, Suso, Coady for example couldn't break into the first team on a regular basis. However FI isn't working the same way and the hype of a player alone is driving prices up. Duncan fits that mold.

• duncans price is going to drop, overpriced for someone to never of played a first team game. the kid even missed a year because he wanted a move from city but they did not want to give him up. that will of put his development back a bit so it could be a while before he even gets near the first team.

• @John-D said in Bobby duncan:

@mike778 I agree TAA could be the exception. I'm a liverpool fan. Not many make it, most end up elsewhere, Suso, Coady for example couldn't break into the first team on a regular basis. However FI isn't working the same way and the hype of a player alone is driving prices up. Duncan fits that mold.

Yeah I know. Not saying he is a bad buy , just that you are betting on hype and youngster over inflation as opposed to "value". The way things are going, he could we'll make people a lot of money.

As a genuine investment taking into account the probability of him making it, he would be worth 50p tops if the market was inefficient.

Probably need to be a bit less risk averse as there is good money to be made on kids. Just feel uncomfortable in buying something so grossly over priced because if the hype dropped you have nothing to fall back on.

• I don't actually hold him, his price went up too quick after that hat trick. I'm waiting until he drops back, hopefully around the £2 mark, not such a massive gamble then and we've already seen his price shoot up so. I'm actually currently more concerned about Salah's drop.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.