Mbappe

• IMO mbappe will be the king of the index in two years time. Are the lack of dividends really that important when you consider his share price has got plenty of room to rocket to catch neymar and pogba? Be interested to know peoples thoughts on him and thoughts on his potential in the next 2/3 years on here?

• Yet again he failed last night with pb without neymar in the team, 2 goals and one was a gwg, 176points is poor.
    Many traders argument is that he will flourish without neymar, well this isn’t turning out like that.
    MB is poor also.
    No doubt one of the best strikers in the world but not on FI.

• I personally cashed out a couple of weeks ago at 16:45 as i think he has reached a peak for the foreseeable future, much like Messi (but at least Messi has some MB / PB value underpinning his price).

MBappes 24 hour graph after scoring 2 goals last night

0_1551606214866_upload-2c6cf669-4055-4d40-942c-da849f0c66fc

Mbappes 1 month graph during a period where Neymar is out and PSG have all but qualified for the quarter finals.

0_1551606226634_upload-6a1a6bc2-a412-4c79-a7f2-c10de8995d05

As @Tom77 said, great striker not suited to the parameters of FI

• This post is deleted!

• @NewUser257214 said in Mbappe:

IMO mbappe will be the king of the index in two years time. Are the lack of dividends really that important when you consider his share price has got plenty of room to rocket to catch neymar and pogba? Be interested to know peoples thoughts on him and thoughts on his potential in the next 2/3 years on here?

Well yes, without dividends , a player is literally worthless.

So it depends how he is going to develop. He just might not be the player that suits PB scoring and not many overseas players develop sustained MB. You also need to bear in mind an assumption that his yield will increase significantly is heavily built into his price.

• I do think you have to recognise his age in all this, he is at an age when many of his contempories are not even getting regular football and I wonder what Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar’s PB scores would have been at 20? Personally I think his game will develop over the coming years and his involvement in build up play will increase and his PB scores will grow and grow.

Yes currently he struggles to win but I believe you will need to pay a higher price for him in the coming years it is just if that is 6 months, 12 months or longer!

• I understand your points but again it is all FI divendend based. If he isthe best player on the planet in a couple of years, which is a possibility surely his share price would reflect this? I can’t see how he is comparable to messi at this time as in 3 years messi could be retired/China and mbappe could be the best player in the world? Cheers for your replies btw it’s great to understand what make people tick on here.

• @Fletch said in Mbappe:

I do think you have to recognise his age in all this, he is at an age when many of his contempories are not even getting regular football and I wonder what Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar’s PB scores would have been at 20? Personally I think his game will develop over the coming years and his involvement in build up play will increase and his PB scores will grow and grow.

Yes currently he struggles to win but I believe you will need to pay a higher price for him in the coming years it is just if that is 6 months, 12 months or longer!

Maybe but he just might not be that type of player. Messi and Neymar have always been the drop deep , be at the centre of everything kind of player. M'bappe is a different player. Everything is set up for him at the moment, he plays for a dominant team in a weak league. Yes, his build up play may improve but at the same time, he may move to a scenario where it is much harder to get good scores.

The other issue is he is a bit of flyer pace wise. This kind of player often peaks much earlier unless they can adjust their game. Once they pick up injuries, its a problem for them and fliers normally do sooner or later.

He's a pretty safe bet at the moment due to his age - general index inflation should see to that. But to say there is room to overtake Pogba and Neymar suggests his dividends should explode which is questionable.

• @NewUser257214 said in Mbappe:

I understand your points but again it is all FI divendend based. If he isthe best player on the planet in a couple of years, which is a possibility surely his share price would reflect this? I can’t see how he is comparable to messi at this time as in 3 years messi could be retired/China and mbappe could be the best player in the world? Cheers for your replies btw it’s great to understand what make people tick on here.

If he is the best player on the planet convincingly (personally I think we will go through a phase where there isn't a consensus best player , may well be a bunch of players - similar to the era between Maradona and Messi/Ronaldo) then his media should rocket. Its a possibility but by no means a probability.

• I don't see how his game develops into a pb player, he is all about pace and finishing - his development would be to just get more clinical.

Ronaldo and messi are 2 of the best of all time, their games are hugely diverse.

• I think he ends up at either Madrid/Barcelona or one of the big PL teams.

The MB will come.... Just like they will with Sancho.

And the PB scores ain't too shabby either considering his age.

I'll continue to hold. 👍

• @Tom77 Lukaku did the same, 2 goals with a GWG, and his PB scored is less than Mbappe. All youngsters at his age in the index (Sancho, Rashford, VJ, Dembele, etc.) won either no or less PB than Mbappe.

• @Victory said in Mbappe:

@Tom77 Lukaku did the same, 2 goals with a GWG, and his PB scored is less than Mbappe. All youngsters at his age in the index (Sancho, Rashford, VJ, Dembele, etc.) won either no or less PB than Mbappe.

Lukaku is £4 something!
    All the players are less than mbappe
    Sancho is creeping him up but that is due to potential huge transfer will result in a stupid amount of media buzz plus england buzz
    Rashford has won loads more Mb £1.58than Mbappe .69 already he is still loads cheaper than mbappe.
    VJ no comment, or the VJ owners club will be on my back.

Mbappe should be returning something, his transfer from Monaco to psg went with a blink of an eye on the media front.

• Granted FI doesn’t apply much to logic or reason but he is by far the most exciting player aged 21 and under. Dividend history aside, if he’s linked to top English or Spanish side the media will go nuts on it no question.
    At £16 is he over priced? I bought him recently so I hope not but he isn’t going anyway and if it’s a 4 way share split coming up, £4 looks rather tasty

• @Tom77 Every player has the same chance of winning PB regardless of his price.

Aguero scored a hattrick in the match vs Chelsea, but failed to win the PB on that day.

• Like it has been said, I feel he should a safe hold for the longer term. I'm also baring in mind that the Euros are within the cycle for my shares and hope that the buzz around that tournament especially if England are in a good state will fuel more growth potentially

@Tom77 Every player has the same chance of winning PB regardless of his price.

@Victory Sorry, this simply isn't true. Some players will have a much greater chance of winning and will win more often over the long term

Aguero scored a hattrick in the match vs Chelsea, but failed to win the PB on that day.

Neymar and messi score well over 200 with 2 goals that's why they are expensive . Mbappe doesnt! Or win Mb.
    I feel your missing the point.

• @NewUser277689 said in Mbappe:

Granted FI doesn’t apply much to logic or reason but he is by far the most exciting player aged 21 and under. Dividend history aside, if he’s linked to top English or Spanish side the media will go nuts on it no question.
    At £16 is he over priced? I bought him recently so I hope not but he isn’t going anyway and if it’s a 4 way share split coming up, £4 looks rather tasty

We seem to see this sort of comment in every thread as if someone is making a killing by buying a quarter slice of a £1 cake for 25p.

The fact remains that whether a quarter of the share that you have now at £4 or your current £16 for 1 share, he will still be the 3rd most expensive player on the index.

I dont think the share split is going to be the gravy train that everyone is expecting and that most players prices will have the SS factor built into them certainly before the 25th March. There is bound to be some reaction but not the extent that some people seem to be thinking.

I think then next "boom" will come if and when they adjust the dividends accordingly

• @MrWh1te said in Mbappe:

@Victory said in Mbappe:

@Victory Sorry, this simply isn't true. Some players will have a much greater chance of winning and will win more often over the long term

You are right, but I am specifically talking about two strikers on a specific match day, they both scored twice and played 90mins, the price is not a factor affecting the PB scores they got.

@Tom77 : Neymar and Messi are two exceptional PB monsters and their styles of play perfectly fit the FI score metric.
    I dont know who misses the point, but I just disagree with you that PB of 176 with 2 goals is poor. The fact is that the majority of the other strikers in the Index cannot usually score 200 with 2 goals. Yesterday, all 4 strikers scored 2 goals have PB less than 200! You can see many many other top strikers scored 2 goals and their PBs were just around 150ish.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.