Jiminez: Constant post-game drops

• Hi guys,

I'm pretty new (9 days in) on this and have gone in light (£78 so far) with a fair spread of current guys I feel undervalued, overseas guys for dividends (Dembele, Augustin) an eye on summer moves (Romagnoli, Joelinton) and a couple of young English lads (Barnes, Wan-Bassaka, D Gray).

However, I'm just struggling to find how from yesterday's performance Raul Jiminez had shed almost 20p in value the day after a goal and assist, yet Jota has retained the value he reached yesterday?

Seeing as Jiminez is on loan (Wolves have the option to make it permanent) I thought that the projected move would mean he'd retain or increase his value (coupled with stats so far). Is it because the permanent deal is pretty much nailed-on that he isn't retaining his value?

A ponderous new trader

• Annoys the hell out of me with Jimenez. I end up topping up with a view to make a profit but he drops too quickly after games.

The lads a class act and to be honest anything under £2 for him is a bargain. Less than 50p after the split, he's only going to double, if not treble in value very quickly.

• Am I in for a pounding with the share split having joined so close to it? Only up 5.5% on my PF at present

• Did you use ‘ONLY’ to describe 5.5% up in 9 days! Your a tough customer. 😂

Hard to predict market reaction post SS, who knows where the money will go, however general consensus is it’s better to be in before than join after.

• @Ringers said in Jiminez: Constant post-game drops:

Did you use ‘ONLY’ to describe 5.5% up in 9 days! Your a tough customer. 😂
    Hard to predict market reaction post SS, who knows where the money will go

Haha, thanks ringers, had some decent dividends as well with the Wolves boys, Dembele today and Schar midweek (sold since, proper burgled!!).

I've kicked myself over a couple I've missed but haven't done too shabby so far. Bit of a hit of Gray getting benched today (can't see Rodgers not playing a back 4 in home games however).

I was thinking that it would be good long-term and have drawn up a pretty lengthy watch list, as don't want to put in overly regularly and fritter away aimlessly.

Cheers

• @bigbradwolf thanks Brad. Its proper puzzling, its like he's a bad egg in the system 😂

• Double or triple in value? come on now, I'm not trying to crap on your hold but that's just not going to happen. He has won 1 PB to be fair (with a lowish score), but he's not likely to win them consistently at Wolves. He's 28 soon and unlikely to move to a top club, I'd argue he's expensive compared to other PB winning younger strikers I could name.

• @nally93

At 50p after the SS and a couple of goals next season I don't think it's unreasonable with more investment to see him rise to between £1 and £1.50.

Very underrated footballer.

• I’ve got a few shares in him and I just don’t understand his price. In today’s market for someone playing in premier league and scoring and assisting the goals he has you’d think he’d be at least £2.50. Does my tree in. I stick with him as I’m confident he’ll rise at some point as there are many others that have had huge growth but for no real reasons

• @Barkez_86 said in Jiminez: Constant post-game drops:

I’ve got a few shares in him and I just don’t understand his price. In today’s market for someone playing in premier league and scoring and assisting the goals he has you’d think he’d be at least £2.50. Does my tree in. I stick with him as I’m confident he’ll rise at some point as there are many others that have had huge growth but for no real reasons

Why is he worth that ?

Based on what ?

At the age of nearly 28, you would expect maybe 15pc yield minimum. Are you expecting 40p yield next season ? He isn't a glamorous player or a youngster so would need dividends to back his price up otherwise no point anyone buying him.

If dividends triple he may be worth 2.50 but then again every player will be worth a lot more.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.