Whole portfolio sold automatically???

• Hi guys,
    Has this ever happened to anyone? I logged into my account to find out all my purchases have been sold automatically?
    I looked in my history and the whole lot were sold in around 3 seconds. Now there is just cash value and nothing in my portfolio. I did not instruct this and it happend around 4pm on Friday? Hacked maybe?

• @NewUser241175

Sounds like you were hacked.

Or did you contact FI to ask for your money back in the risk free period? If so, they might have instant sold your portfolio and topped up the amount to your original deposit value. Surely you’d remember doing that though.

• Have they closed you account?

• @Ringers said in Whole portfolio sold automatically???:

Have they closed you account?

Or has the wife worked out the password??

• @NewUser241175 That’s really bad. Get onto FI straight away about this as you could’ve been hacked and someone could try and withdraw the funds. Choose a very strong password if you can such as the ones Apple generates for you. Someone can make the last card used the withdrawal method by just depositing £10 apparently. If someone’s stole your identity as well then they could clone a card in your name. Don’t want to seem over the top but you never know these days.

• @NewUser241175
    how many players?

it would take a human longer than 3 seconds to go through the process of instant selling more than even 1 player let alone them all so it might be a glitch at their end.

• @NewUser241175 What is more likely here is that FI have mixed up your account with someone who tried a risk free trial period and then cashed out. Your account number was entered in error by FI. See what FI say first, not likely to be hacking.

• Anybody else get annoyed when someone asks for help, several people respond, yet the person who asked for help doesn't bother to respond to the helpful replies 😤 and i don't want to hear... oh i was busy... it takes 30 seconds to just show some gratitude.

• @Andy-M said in Whole portfolio sold automatically???:

Anybody else get annoyed when someone asks for help, several people respond, yet the person who asked for help doesn't bother to respond to the helpful replies 😤 and i don't want to hear... oh i was busy... it takes 30 seconds to just show some gratitude.

No, that's just human nature and it's not worth getting annoyed about. Save your annoyance for people who wear backpacks on crowded trains.

• @Andy-M

Given that he sent the message out at around 8 o clock last night its not beyond the realms of possibility that he then logged off and has been at work all day.

• Or those who mumble in darkened rooms

• or the big monday sell off

• Well if i ask for help then I'll always find 30 seconds to check for responses and say a quick thanks, that's just how i was raised.

• @Ellisandro I really hate people who wear backpacks on crowded trains. Almost as much as middle lane motorway hoggers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same person.

• He was last online 22hrs ago, so he probably hasn't been able to log on since posting. Some peoples' workplaces have strict access limits.

• @Andy-M if you click on the posters name it shows when they were last online. In this case it was when they posted, 22 hours ago.
    They haven't been able to be grateful for all the advice yet, let alone show their gratitude.

Not all traders are on the forum every 20 mins like us Andy!

• @GregF where do you go for 20 mins? I'm doing quite complicated code on a client site but there's always space for an FI window or two. 20 mins away is time for Brooks to sign a long term deal at Bournemouth and plummet (because people, myself included, thought he would be getting a summer move) I got it within seconds, 20 mins would have been about 50pps!! Never mind 22 hours

• @GregF the ones with the aero dynamic roof rack luggage containers who hold dual travel licenses, as in road and rail?

• @Vespasian32 I went to get my haircut earlier and found some unknown arsenal kid had shot up 70p!

• @GregF I'm quite aware of when he was last online, I'm referring to taking 30 seconds to come online, surely he's allowed to use mobile on way to work, having a dump, eating lunch.
    Is this my wife in disguise defending the guy 🤣🤣🤣

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.